PrestaShop CMS Popup Module: Using this module admin can show any cms page on the PrestaShop front page like the home page, product page, category page or search page. The CMS page will be popup while loading these pages.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
- Admin can popup CMS page content on the front pages.
- Popup functionality will appear on home, product, category and search page.
- CMS page will popup on loading of these pages.
- Admin can set the CMS popup for all categories/selected categories.
- Admin can set the CMS popup for all products/selected products.
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Configuring the Module
After successful installation of module admin has to configure the module.
Note:- You can see the configuration page where you can manage the popup size width and height. By default the height is auto. You can enter 0 for the auto height.
Refer the screenshot:-
After successful installation of module, a new tab “Manage CMS Position” gets added in back office from where admin can assign CMS page to front pages.
Admin can assign CMS page to front page by clicking on “Set CMS Page” button.
Assign CMS Page to Category Page
Admin can display CMS popup on all the categories or specific categories.
Assign CMS Page to Product Page
Similarly, admin can display CMS popup on all the products or specific products.
Note:- If CMS is assigned to any product or category once, then CMS will not be assigned to that product or category again. To reassign the CMS page admin has to delete the previous CMS page.
Admin can view CMS page assigned to which front page in a list shown below:
Admin can display only one CMS page on one front page. If admin wants to change the assigned page then he has to delete the previous one.
If admin tries to assign CMS page to front page on which he/she already assigned another CMS page(only in case of home and search page), then an error will display as shown below.
CMS Popup – Front End View
CMS page assigned by admin to the front page will display in a popup as shown below.
So, this was all about the PrestaShop CMS Popup module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x