After the integration of this module, eCommerce merchants can allow customers to place their orders via WhatsApp. The module also facilitates the initiation of chat with admin on WhatsApp. Using the feature, customers can always raise their concerns/queries on WhatsApp.
PrestaShop Buy Products via WhatsApp module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of the PrestaShop Buy Products via WhatsApp module
- Offer your customers to buy products via WhatsApp.
- Show WhatsApp enquiry button on product tiles as well as product page.
- Choose to show contact via the WhatsApp button on the header & footer.
- Customize the name of the WhatsApp contact button.
- Also, choose to customize the name & view of the WhatsApp enquiry button.
- Customize the message for product enquiry on WhatsApp.
- Select the categories to show the product enquiry button.
- Choose the product enquiry message format.
- Allow customers to either send cart details or order details.
- Customize the name of the checkout popup title & checkout button name.
- Also, customize the view/look of the checkout button.
- Select the default WhatsApp order status.
- Enable the product details that you want your customers to send in cart details or order details message.
- Choose to show WhatsApp contact button, enquiry button & checkout button only on mobile.
- Offer your customers to apply voucher in their WhatsApp orders.
- Also, create vouchers from the configuration page itself, if there exists no voucher.
How to install the PrestaShop Buy Products via WhatsApp module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the PrestaShop Buy Products via WhatsApp module
After the successful installation of the module, you will need to configure the module. In the configuration settings, there are various options available. You can see the function/significance of each option in the screenshot below.
In the configuration settings, there is an option to allow the application of voucher for WhatsApp orders too. If you want to allow your customers to use any existing voucher, then just enter the code in the field. Otherwise, you can also create a new voucher on the configuration page itself.
So, this was all about the configuration settings of the module. Now, let’s just proceed further to know more about the ordering process via WhatsApp.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Initiate Chat or Enquire about product on WhatsApp
After the successful installation of module, two new buttons add to two new places. These two buttons are:
- Chat on WhatsApp: The first button at the header & footer section of the shop initiates a chat with the admin.
- Enquire on WhatsApp: This button on the product tiles available on the product listing pages helps to directly enquire about the particular product.
Chat on WhatsApp
Using the “Chat on WhatsApp” button, a user can initiate a chat with the admin. The customers can use this functionality for their general queries related to shopping on the store.
After clicking the “Chat on WhatsApp” button, a customer will go to the following page. Here, he/she needs to click on “continue to chat” button to initiate chat with the admin.
On confirming, a new WhatsApp chat window with the admin number will open. Now, a customer can ask whatever he/she wants from the admin.
Enquire on WhatsApp
Using the Enquire on WhatsApp, user can share the product with admin to enquire directly about that product.
On sharing the product, a pre-configured message with product details will copy to the text box. Now, a customer chooses whether he/she wants to send this message to the admin or not.
Apart from the product tiles, a button to enquire about the product on WhatsApp is also available on the product page.
Buy the product via WhatsApp
A button to order the product on WhatsApp also becomes available on the cart page. There are two ways in which an admin can allow customer to create order via WhatsApp. Those two ways are:
- The first way is to send the product details on WhatsApp. And, after that, an admin will create the order manually on the customer’s behalf. Here, an important thing to note is that an admin can decide which product details will be shared in a message.
- The second way allows customers to create the order & send the order details.
In any case, a customer just needs to click on the “Order on WhatsApp” button only.
Send Cart Details Only to Admin WhatsApp
If admin has set checkout type as “Send cart details only”
Users will get an option in the cart to send the details of products on Whatsapp to let admin create the order.
And, on clicking the button, a message with the product details will copy to the text box of WhatsApp window.
Create Order & Send Details to Admin WhatsApp
Let’s suppose admin allows customer to place the order & send details via WhatsApp.
Then, on clicking the “Order on WhatsApp” button, a popup opens.
In this popup, a customer needs to confirm the details & click on “Proceed” button. In the popup window, a customer can even add the voucher allowed by admin.
On clicking the “Proceed” button, a new popup will open. This popup allows customer to edit the details again or else place the order.
After clicking the “Order” button, again the chat window for the admin will open on WhatsApp. Even this process sends the same message as sending cart details to the admin on placing the order.
The reason behind the same message is that customer does not know whether he/she is sending cart details or order details. That’s why we are sending the same message each time to the admin. So that after getting the notification, the admin can take the necessary steps.
So, this was all about PrestaShop Buy Products via WhatsApp Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
In case, if you are also looking for a module to post on social media channels simultaneously, then do check out the blog.
Current Product Version - 4.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x