Prestashop Advanced Marketplace:- We bring you the upgraded & modernized version of “Advanced Marketplace” module. With the help of this module, admin can convert their “Prestashop Store” into “Marketplace”. Sellers can add & manage their products in multi-language as well as manage their orders. Seller will get almost all the back-end catalog (Combination, Features, Shipping) functionality. Admin will have full control of their marketplace store.
NOTE- Advanced Marketplace Version 5.1.4 and above for PS 1.7.x.x is GDPR compliant. Marketplace Change Log – To know the features added to the marketplace module according to the versions launched till date & migrating details, go to the link – http://webkul.com/blog/features-according-to-advance-marketplace-version/
- Allow/Disallow custom CSS for Marketplace.
- Admin can customize the display of seller details.
- Admin can change the background and text color of marketplace page title at front end.
- Admin/Seller can view their earnings of payment accepted orders or of confirmed orders on transaction page.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of user friendly URL.
- Admin can specify the SEO friendly prefix for the seller’s profile and shop page.
- Display “Become a Seller” option on navigation bar, footer bar, and bottom info bar at the front end.
- Allow/Disallow sellers to update their orders.
- Display the selected order statuses to sellers to update order.
- Admin can enable/disable the multi-language functionality.
- The marketplace sellers can select their default language.
- Seller can add seller details & product details in different languages.
- Seller can provide a unique shop name for the shop URL. This unique name will be same in every language.
- Admin can also add seller details & product details in different languages.
Seller Profile Management
- Admin can enable/disable automatic approval of seller’s request.
- Add terms and conditions in seller registration form.
- Admin can enable/disable the automatic approval of seller reviews.
- Admin can activate/deactivate the seller’s shop.
- Admin can allow sellers to activate/deactivate their shop.
- Allow/disallow sellers to add, edit, and delete attributes and their values.
- Allow/disallow sellers to add, edit, and delete features and their values.
- Sellers can change the display settings as per the options provided by admin.
- Sellers can contact admin via email from edit profile page.
- Admin can enable/disable the automatic approval of sellers products.
- Admin can activate/deactivate the seller’s products.
- Allow/disallow the sellers to activate/deactivate their products.
- Admin can assign the existing admin products to the sellers.
- Admin can add products on behalf of the seller.
- Admin can assign multiple products to a single seller.
- Set whether to show the admin commission to seller or not.
- Sellers can add taxes to their products based on rules provided.
- Sellers can add SEO on their products.
- Sellers can add EAN-13, UPC barcode, ISBN, and reference code to their products.
- Allow/Disallow sellers to apply admin added shipping methods to their products.
- Option to create combinations for the products using admin added attributes and values.
- Sellers can add minimum quantity, wholesale price, and price per unit on their products.
- Admin can allow/disallow the sellers to manage the visibility of their products.
- Sellers can select the availability preferences for their out-of-stock products.
Event Based Notifications
- Email notification to the seller on approval of seller request or seller created by admin.
- Mail to seller on the disapproval of seller’s request.
- Email notification to the seller on deletion of seller’s account by admin.
- Mail to seller on the approval/disapproval of seller’s product.
- Mail to seller when admin assigns a product to the seller.
- Mail to seller when its product gets sold.
- Mail to seller when admin deletes the seller’s product.
- Email notification to admin when a new seller request is placed.
- Mail to admin when seller adds a new product.
- Admin can set global commission which will be applicable on all the marketplace sellers.
- Admin can set seller wise commission.
- Admin can choose to keep the whole tax amount, distribute tax to the seller, or distribute between it and the seller proportionally.
- Admin can add payment mode through which it can transfer seller’s amount.
- Seller can choose any payment mode provided by admin to receive payment.
- By default shipping price goes to admin.
Order Management & Transaction Details
- Seller can view top 5 orders on the seller’s dashboard.
- Seller can update order status.
- Admin can view seller details at orders page.
- Seller can view the total amount of the order on order details page.
- Seller can view admin commission summary on the order details page.
- Voucher details will be available to sellers on order details page.
- Total earnings detail from all the sellers will be available to admin on “Manage Seller Orders” page.
- Admin can view the number of pending orders on “manage seller orders” page if earnings are displayed on the basis of payment accepted orders.
- Seller can view the total earnings made on marketplace store.
- Sellers can add their tracking number and Url.
- Admin can view the total earnings of each seller separately.
- Once payment for the order is accepted, then seller can view their due amount that has to be paid by admin.
- Admin will also have the information of due and paid amount at their end.
- Admin can pay seller’s amount at their end and can manage the transaction details on marketplace.
- Sellers can view their earnings and admin commission summary, currency wise in transactions section.
- Sellers can view their due amount as well as the amount that has been settled by admin in transaction detail.
- Admin can distribute the shipping charges to the sellers by Prestashop Marketplace Seller shipping module.
NEW FEATURES IN CURRENT VERSION (5.2.0)
- Sellers can add tax identification number on their profile.
- Seller ratings summary will be displayed on Product page and Seller Profile page.
- Admin can allow sellers to add delivery time on their products.
- Admin can allow sellers to apply additional shipping costs on their products.
- Admin can allow sellers to add low stock level for notification on their products or combinations.
- Admin can allow sellers to display “On sale!” flag on their products.
- Admin can set the order in which the reviews will be displayed on seller’s profile page.
- If enabled by admin, then Only registered customers can contact the sellers otherwise all the customers whether registered or unregistered can contact with the sellers.
- Customers can give reviews to the sellers and view their ratings and reviews.
- Customers give feedback on seller’s review that the review is helpful or not.
- Rollback seller transaction data if admin/seller changes the status of an order to canceled.
- Our marketplace module does not support the Prestashop Multistore Functionality.
- Module translations available in these languages – Arabic(ar), Bulgarian (bg), Catalan(ca), German(de), Spanish(es), Finnish (fi), French(fr), Hungarian (hu), Italian(it), Japanese(ja), Dutch(nl), Polish(pl), Portuguese (pt), Romanian (ro), Russian(ru), Slovak (sk)
Prestashop Advanced Marketplace supports a standard way of Prestashop Installation.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload zip file of “Marketplace” module
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop
After successful installation, admin can configure the module as per the need. Configuration is divided into four sections and marketplace flow will depend on these settings. Admin can configure these sections as per their need one by one.
Default section has separate configuration settings.
Admin can manage the general settings from here. Admin/Seller can view their earnings of payment accepted orders or of confirmed orders on the transaction page.
Note – This configuration is not for any calculation purpose but only for display purpose on “Manage Seller Orders” Page at Backend.
Admin can select whether can view payment accepted
The multilanguage functionality allows the marketplace seller to add the details such as its profile information, product details etc in the desired language. If admin disables the marketplace multiple language functionality then admin has the option to select whether the marketplace will be managed on the basis of “Admin’s default language” or “Sellers default language”.
Admin can manage their marketplace page title/background color from here. Admin can also select to use the customize CSS instead of Default Bootstrap.
Admin can manage the prefix for their URL.
With the help of this admin can advertise the conversion of the Prestashop store into a marketplace. Now, the sell button will be highlighted to attract more sellers on the store.
Display Seller Details Settings
From here admin can manage the display of seller details.
Allow Order Status To Sellers
From here admin can allow/disallow sellers to change the order status and can even select the statuses which will be available to the sellers.
From here admin can manage various approval settings which will provide different functionalities to sellers.
Seller Request Approval Settings
From here admin can decide whether the seller request needs to be approved by admin or it gets automatically approved.
Seller Profile Settings
From here admin can configure the settings for seller profiles, seller profile requests etc. From here admin can have sellers social profile links to display on seller detail box, seller profile etc.
Seller Product Approval Settings
In Prestashop there are various options related to the products such as combinations, features, shipping etc. From this setting panel, admin can decide whether the functionalities related to products will be available to sellers or not.
In case admin has enabled combination option for sellers and “Prestashop Combination Activate/Deactivate” module is installed, then admin can also provide the functionality of activation/deactivation of combination to sellers.
Under “Customer Settings”, admin can configure the “review and ratings” settings and decide in which order the review will be displayed on seller’s profile page.
Admin can manage the marketplace mails from here.
Under “Commission Settings”, admin can set the commission it wants to charge for each product sold. Admin can set the commission in two ways:
- Seller Wise – Different commission to be charged from different sellers.
- Global Commission – Default commission rate which will be applicable on all the sellers.
- Tax Distribution – Admin receives all the amount that the buyer pays. The module calculates the tax amount according to the configuration set by admin for tax distribution. Admin can keep the whole tax amount, distribute tax amount to the sellers, or distribute tax amount between it and the sellers proportionally.
In the marketplace, all the payments made by the buyers go to admin and then admin transfer the seller’s amount at his own end. In this case, it is necessary for admin to have seller account details saved so that it can transfer the amount into the seller’s account using these details. Admin can add various payment modes so that each seller can provide their account details in order to receive the payment.
Let’s have a look at the workflow of the marketplace from seller request to order management. In the marketplace a customer can become a seller, a user has to register as a customer first and then it can request to become a seller.
New Seller Request
If enabled by admin from the backend, then “Become a Seller” option will be displayed in navigation bar, footer bar, and bottom info bar.
On clicking the tab, a seller request form will appear in which a seller has to fill the required details and send the seller request to admin.
As soon as seller submits the seller request, admin can view the seller request by navigating through Marketplace-> Sellers-> Seller Profile. If admin has enabled the auto-approval of seller request under “Approval Settings” tab, then admin does not have to approve each seller request individually.
Once admin has approved the seller’s request, then a seller can view the marketplace account at front end.
Once admin has approved the seller’s request, then it can view seller’s profile page.
This way the seller can register on the marketplace.
Seller Profile Management
While registering on the marketplace, the sellers provide relevant information required to become a seller. Sellers can update the information and add more information from Edit Profile tab under “Your Shop”.
Under edit profile page, the seller has an option of sending email directly to admin.
Deactivating/Reactivating the shop
If enabled by admin, then the seller can reactivate or deactivate its shop. A button “Deactivate Your Shop” gets added on edit profile page by clicking on which the seller’s shop gets deactivated.
Note: Once the seller has deactivated its shop, then all of its products on the marketplace gets automatically deactivated.
Once the seller has deactivated its shop, it gets redirected to My Account” page where it can view a tab “Re-activate Your Shop” by clicking on which a seller can reactivate its shop.
Admin has full access to the marketplace sellers and can manage them by navigating through Marketplace-> Sellers-> Seller Profile. Under Seller Profile, admin can:
- View/Edit/Delete seller’s profile
- Add new seller
- Accept/Decline seller’s request
Add New Seller/Update Seller Page
Admin can add a new seller by clicking on the “Add new seller” button.
If enabled by admin from backend, then while deactivating the seller admin needs to specify the reason for the seller’s deactivation. While deactivating a seller, a popup appears on the screen where admin has to mention the reason for deactivating the seller.
View Seller’s Profile
Admin can see the details of a seller by viewing its profile.
In this way admin can manage seller profile from back-end.
Now, the seller needs to add products to the marketplace. Seller will go to the “Products” tab to add products in their shop.
The Seller can add product details in multi-language. If configured by admin from the backend, the seller can add the following details to the products:
- Condition of a product
- Minimum Quantity for sale
- Low Stock Level
- Wholesale Price
- Price per unit
- “On Sale!” flag
Note: Tax inclusive product price will be calculated on the basis of customers address and will not be shown here.
After adding the product, a seller can view it under the “Product” tab.
Once the product is added, the request is sent to admin for the approval. Admin can approve/disapprove the request by navigating through Marketplace-> Products-> Seller Product.
Now, as soon as admin approves the seller product the status of the seller’s product gets changed from Pending to Approved.
Note: The seller can change the status of newly added product only when the product gets added to catalog at backend i.e the product gets approved by admin.
Once the seller has added the product, then it can proceed and add more details to the product.
After adding the basic information of a product, seller need to add product images.
If admin has not approved the product, then the image uploaded by the seller will be in inactive state until the product gets activated by admin.
Once admin has approved the seller’s product, then the status of product images will change from inactive to active.
Once the product gets activated, then the seller can change the product cover image and postion of the images.
If enabled by admin from backend, then the sellers can create their own attributes and values. A new tab “Product Attributes” gets added when admin allows the sellers to manage the attributes and their values.
Admin can disallow the sellers to create their own attributes and values, however, it can allow sellers to create combinations for their products using admin added attributes.
If enabled by admin from backend, then the sellers can create their own features and values. A new tab “Product Features” gets added when admin allows the sellers to manage the features and their values.
Seller can create their own features and values.
Admin can disallow the sellers to create their own attributes and values, however, it can allow sellers to add admin added features on their products.
Adding features to a product
If enabled by admin from the backend, then sellers can:
- add shipping methods added by admin to their products.
- add delivery time on their products.
- apply additional shipping cost on their products.
Under SEO, sellers can add meta title and meta description to their products.
Under Options, sellers can
- Add EAN, UPC barcode, and ISBN to their products.
- Manage the visibility of their products and
- Select availability preferences of their products
This is how the seller can easily add or update the products with the desired information as per the access provided by admin.
Product Page Preview
Seller can see the preview of a product by clicking on the product’s name under “Product” tab
Product Management – Backend
Admin can view the products added by the sellers by navigating through Marketplace-> Sellers -> Seller Product. under Seller Product, admin can:
- Add new product on seller’s behalf
- Assign admin product to seller
- Approve/Disapprove the seller’s product
- Edit/View/Delete the seller’s product
- Preview the seller’s product
Adding Seller’s Product
Admin can add product on behalf of a seller by clicking on “Add new product” button.
After saving the product’s information, admin gets redirected to “update product” page and add more details to the product.
Assigning products to sellers
Admin can assign its products to the sellers just by selecting the seller’s name and the product(s) it wants to assign to the particular seller.
- Admin can assign multiple products to one seller.
- Admin cannot assign multiple products to multiple sellers.
- Admin cannot assign the same product to multiple sellers.
Deactivating Seller Products
Admin can specify the reason for deactivating the seller’s product. When admin deactivates a seller’s product, a popup appears on the screen where admin can submit the deactivation reason.
Sellers can view all the orders received in “Orders” tab.
A seller can view the complete list of orders received by clicking on the “Orders” tab.
When a seller clicks on order, the “order details” gets opened and a seller can view the product details in the order. Also, the seller can view commission summary under which admin commission and amount earned by a seller are mentioned.
On the dashboard, the sellers can view sales graph and the list of latest orders placed. Admin can select whether the seller dashboard graph will be displayed:
- once the order is confirmed
- once the payment is accepted
On the dashboard, the seller can view five latest orders received.
Note: Sales and order statistics will be displayed in default currency only.
Admin can view the number of orders received by the marketplace sellers by navigating through Marketplace-> Orders-> Seller Orders. Admin can also view the list of orders received by each seller.
Admin can view the complete list of orders received by a seller.
When admin click on the “View” button, a popup appears on the screen where admin can view order details such as product name, seller amount, seller tax, admin commission, and admin tax.
Sellers can view the transaction history and their earnings from the “Transaction” tab in seller panel.
Under “Transaction” tab, the sellers can view transaction history and their earnings product wise.
When a seller clicks on the action button, a popup appears on the screen on which the order details are mentioned.
If a seller changes the status of an order to canceled then a new record for canceled order will be created and there will be a rollback of the transaction.
Admin can view transaction details by navigating through Marketplace-> Transactions-> Seller Transactions. Under “Seller Transaction”, admin can view summary of total commission earned and seller earnings. Admin can also view seller wise transactions.
Admin can view the list of the transactions of all the marketplace sellers by clicking on “View Transaction” button.
When admin clicks on the “View Detail” button, a popup appears on the screen where admin can view the order details for that particular transaction.
Admin can view the transaction summary, total earnings, and a list of all the transactions of a particular seller by clicking on “View Transaction” button under Manage Seller Transaction. Admin can settle the pending dues of a seller.
If admin changes the status of an order to “canceled” then a new record for canceled order will be created and there will be a rollback of the transaction.
When admin clicks on “settle” button, a popup appears on the screen where admin has to specify the payment mode, transaction ID, and the amount it wants to pay to the seller.
In the marketplace, all the payments made by the buyers go to admin and then admin transfer the seller’s amount at its own end. The module calculates the admin commission and tax amount. Admin will use the account information collected from the “payment detail” tab to transfer seller share to his account manually.
The sellers can view payment modes added by admin under “Payment Detail” tab. Under Payment Detail, the seller can select the payment method and provide the details to get payment from admin for its orders.
If enabled by admin from backend, then only registered customers can contact the sellers from the seller’s profile and shop page. When a visitor tries to contact the seller from either profile or shop page, then a popup appears in which the visitor is asked to login.
If disabled, then a visitor can contact the seller on profile and shop page. When a visitor clicks on the “contact seller” a popup appears on the screen where the visitor has to enter its email id, subject, and the query it wants to ask from the seller.
Customers can give review to the sellers, view ratings & reviews on the seller’s profile page if enabled by admin from the backend. To give a review the customer has to click on “write a review” button.
When a customer clicks on “write a review” button, a popup appears on the screen where a customer can give ratings and reviews to the seller.
After the submission of a review by the customer, its status depends on whether admin has enabled the auto-approval of review or not from the backend. If admin has enabled the auto-approval of seller review then it will be shown as approved on seller’s profile page otherwise it will remain in pending state.
Admin can view the seller reviews by navigating through Marketplace-> Sellers-> Seller Reviews. Under “Seller Reviews”, admin can view ratings and reviews given by the customers to the shop.
Once the review has been approved by admin, the status of a review will get changed from Pending to Approved.
If enabled by admin from backend, then customer can give feedback on seller’s review otherwise not.
The order in which the seller reviews will be displayed depends on the settings configured by admin from backend. Either the “most recent reviews” or “most helpful reviews” will be displayed as configured by admin.
Custom CSS Functionality
Admin can customize the view of “Marketplace Account” of sellers by enabling custom css in the front end. It will improve the default view of marketplace. The CSS is compatible to all the themes developed on Prestashop standards as well as selection of color has been made in such a way that it fits with all the themes color combination.
GDPR Compliance The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR ) has applied to all the Organization in all over the world. It is effective from May 25th’ 2018 by European Union Regulations. With the help of this law, customers can view/update/delete their data from the website, whenever they want. To make the Advanced Marketplace GDPR compliance you need to install “Official GDPR Compliance ” module which is free for Prestashop 1.7.
Note– Prestashop is GDPR compliance from version 22.214.171.124 and above.
Configuration of “Official GDPR Compliance module”
In the Advanced Marketplace, GDPR has applied on the seller request form.
After the installation of the module, a new tab My Personal Data gets added on the front end from where the sellers/buyers can manage their personal data.
That’s all for Prestashop Advanced Marketplace still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
To enhance the marketplace functionality we have developed various add-ons for our marketplace module. To view various addons visit the link- https://store.webkul.com/Prestashop-Advanced-Marketplace.html
Current Product Version - 5.2.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x