Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace:- We bring you the upgraded and modernized version of “Advanced Marketplace” module. With the help of this module, admin can convert the “Prestashop Store” into “Marketplace”. Sellers can add and manage their products in multi-language as well as manage their orders. Seller will get almost all the back-end catalog (Combination, Features, Shipping) functionality. Admin will have full control of their marketplace store.
NOTE- Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace Version 5.1.4 and above for PS 1.7.x.x is GDPR compliant.
Marketplace Change Log – To know the features added to the Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module according to the versions launched till date & migrating details, go to the link – http://webkul.com/blog/features-according-to-advance-marketplace-version/
Features of Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace
- Allow/Disallow custom CSS for Marketplace.
- Admin can customize the display of seller details.
- Admin can change the background and text color of marketplace page title at front end.
- Both admin and seller can view their earnings of payment accepted orders or of confirmed orders on transaction page.
- Admin can enable/disable the display of user friendly URL.
- Admin can specify the SEO friendly prefix for the seller’s profile, shop, and all reviews page.
- Display “Become a Seller” option on navigation bar, footer bar, and bottom info bar at the front end.
- Allow/Disallow sellers to update their orders.
- Display the selected order statuses to sellers to update order.
- Admin can enable/disable the multi-language functionality.
- The marketplace sellers can select their default language.
- Seller can add seller details and product details in different languages.
- Seller can provide a unique shop name for the shop URL. This unique name will be same in every language.
- Admin can also add seller details and product details in different languages.
Seller Profile Management
- Admin can enable/disable automatic approval of seller request as well as seller reviews.
- Admin can activate/deactivate the seller’s shop.
- Allow sellers to activate/deactivate their shop.
- Sellers can add tax identification number on their profile.
- Allow/disallow sellers to add, edit, and delete attributes/features and their values.
- Sellers can change the display settings as per the options provided by admin.
- Sellers can contact admin via email from edit profile page.
- Admin can add rewrite URL for seller’s profile and shop page.
- Added YouTube ID option for seller’s social channel in profile.
- Admin can enable/disable the automatic approval of seller products.
- Admin can activate/deactivate the seller’s products.
- Allow/disallow the sellers to activate/deactivate their products.
- Admin can also assign the existing admin products to the sellers.
- Admin can also add products on behalf of the seller.
- Set whether to show the admin commission to the seller or not.
- Admin can assign multiple products to a single seller.
- Sellers can add taxes to their products based on rules provided.
- The seller can add SEO to their products
- Sellers can duplicate their products if enabled by admin.
- Admin can also duplicate the seller’s product on behalf of the seller.
- Added edit product button on seller product details page.
- Configure whether a duplicate product will be created with Zero quantity or original product’s quantity.
- Admin can set prefix title for duplicate product.
- Allow/Disallow sellers to apply admin added shipping methods to their products.
- Admin can also allow sellers to add delivery time and apply additional shipping costs on their products.
- Allow sellers to add low stock level for notification on their products or combinations.
- Sellers can add EAN-13, UPC barcode, ISBN, and reference code to their products.
- Option to create combinations for the products using admin added attributes and values.
- Sellers can add minimum quantity, wholesale price, and price per unit on their products.
- Admin can allow/disallow the sellers to manage the visibility of their products.
- Seller ratings summary will display on the Product page and Seller Profile page.
- Sellers can also select the availability preferences for their out-of-stock products.
- Enable sellers to display “On sale!” flag on their products.
- Customers can give reviews to the sellers and view their ratings and reviews.
- Also, customers give feedback on seller’s review that the review is helpful or not.
- Admin can set the order in which the reviews will display on seller’s profile page.
- Admin can also specify the number of reviews to display on seller’s profile page.
- Add rewrite URL for seller’s all reviews page.
Event Based Notifications
- Email notification to the seller on approval of seller request or creation of seller by admin.
- Mail to seller on the disapproval of seller’s request.
- Mail to seller on the approval/disapproval of seller’s product.
- Email notification to the seller on deletion of seller’s account by admin.
- Mail to seller when admin assigns a product to the seller.
- Mail to seller when its product gets sold.
- Email notification to admin when a new seller request is placed.
- Mail to seller when admin deletes the seller’s product.
- Mail to admin when seller adds a new product.
- Admin can set global commission which will be applicable on all the marketplace sellers.
- Set seller wise commission.
- Admin can choose to keep the whole tax amount, distribute tax to the seller, or distribute between him and the seller proportionally.
- Add admin commission and admin tax in percentage, a fixed amount or Both (Percentage and Fixed Amount).
- Set commission rate on shipping while order carrier distribution is set to Both.
- Admin can add payment modes through which he can transfer seller’s amount.
- Seller can choose any payment mode provided by admin to receive payment.
- By default shipping price goes to admin.
Order Management & Transaction Details
- Seller can view top 5 orders on the seller’s dashboard.
- Seller can update order status.
- Admin can view seller details on orders page.
- Seller can view the total amount of the order as well as admin commission summary on order details page.
- Sellers can add the tracking number, URL & can also send these details via mail to the customer.
- Sellers can also manage the display of tracking details on order details page as per the configuration settings.
- Admin can set configuration in order settings whether a seller can add tracking details or not.
- An admin can choose to update the tracking number on PrestaShop order’s tracking number if the order has products of the single seller.
- Admin can choose to display tracking number in tracking URL.
- Admin can also show or hide tracking number and URL to customer on order history page.
- Voucher details will be available to sellers on order details page.
- Total earnings detail from all the sellers will be available to admin on “Manage Seller Orders” page.
- Admin can view the number of pending orders on “manage seller orders” page if earnings are displayed on the basis of payment accepted orders.
- Seller can view the total earnings made on marketplace store.
- Admin can view the total earnings of each seller separately.
- Once payment for the order is accepted, then seller can view their due amount that has to be paid by admin.
- Admin will also have the information of due and paid amount at their end.
- Admin can settle seller amount and manage the transaction details on marketplace from backend.
- Sellers can view their earnings and admin commission summary, currency wise in transactions section.
- Also, sellers can view their due amount as well as the amount that has been settled by admin in transaction detail.
- Rollback seller transaction data if admin/seller changes the status of an order to canceled.
NEW FEATURES IN CURRENT VERSION (5.3.1)
- A new column named “Seller Shipping” is added to the Transactions tab.
- Shop logo displayed along with the shop name on the product page even if the seller does not have any ratings on the marketplace.
- Admin can set distribution from the carriers list whether shipping cost will go to admin, seller or both. He/she can distribute shipping amount of seller products only.
- An admin can enable/disable shipping distribution settings from Backoffice approval settings.
- Admin can configure whether shipping will be distributed between admin & seller or not in case If admin product exists with any seller product in the same order and that order carrier distribution is set as Seller/Both.
- Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module does not support the Prestashop Multistore Functionality.
- Module translations available in these languages – Arabic(ar), Bulgarian (bg), Catalan(ca), German(de), Spanish(es), Finnish (fi), French(fr), Hungarian (hu), Italian(it), Japanese(ja), Dutch(nl), Polish(pl), Portuguese (pt), Romanian (ro), Russian(ru), Slovak (sk)
Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace supports a standard way of Prestashop Installation.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload zip file of “Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace” module
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop
After successful installation, admin can configure the module as per the need. Configuration of Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace is divided into four sections and marketplace flow will depend on these settings. Admin can configure these sections as per their need one by one.
Admin can manage the general settings from here. Both admin and seller can view their earnings of payment accepted orders or of confirmed orders on the transaction page.
Note – This configuration is not for any calculation purpose but only for display purpose on “Manage Seller Orders” Page at Backend.
The multilanguage functionality allows marketplace sellers to add details such as profile information, product details, etc in desired language. If admin disables multiple language then he has the option to select whether marketplace will be managed on basis of:
- Admin’s default language or
- Sellers default language
Admin can manage their marketplace page title and background color from here. Also, Admin can select to use the customize CSS instead of Default Bootstrap.
Admin can manage the prefix for their URL.
With help of these settings, admin can advertise the conversion of Prestashop store into a marketplace. Now, the sell button will be highlighted to attract more sellers on the store.
Display Seller Details Settings
From here admin can manage the display of seller details.
Allow Order Status To Sellers
From here admin can allow/disallow sellers to change the order status. Also, admin can select the statuses which will be available to the sellers.
From here admin can manage various approval settings which will provide different functionalities to sellers.
Seller Request Approval Settings
Admin can decide whether the seller request needs to be approved manually or it gets automatically approved.
Seller Profile Settings
Admin can configure details such as social profile links, fax no., etc which a seller can add in his profile. Also, admin can allow/disallow sellers to add attributes/features and activate/deactivate their shop.
Seller Product Approval Settings
Admin can configure various details which the sellers can add on their products. Admin can allow/disallow sellers to set SEO, product visibility, and availability preference for their products. Also, seller can create combinations for their products using admin added attributes and values if enabled by admin.
If admin has enabled combination option for sellers and “Prestashop Combination Activate/Deactivate” module is installed. Then, in this case, admin can also provide the functionality of activation/deactivation of combination to sellers.
Admin can configure “ratings and reviews” settings and decide order in which reviews will be displayed on seller’s profile page. Also, admin can set the number of review to display on seller profile page.
Shipping Distribution Settings
An admin can choose whether he/she want to distribute the shipping or not.
Admin can configure various events on basis of which the email notifications will be sent to him and the sellers.
Under “Commission Settings”, admin can set the commission he wants to charge for each product sold.
Admin can set the commission in two ways:
- Seller Wise Commission – Different commission to charge from different sellers.
- Global Commission – It is the commission applicable to each seller only if their individual commission is not set. You can keep this in percentage, a fixed amount or both.
Seller wise commission
There are three types of commission which an admin can assign to a seller.
1. Percentage Commission: In this case, say admin assigns 20% commission on a seller. Then, admin will get the 20% of the product price as a commission from the seller.
2. Fixed Amount Commission: Suppose admin assigns a fixed amount of 10$ as commission for seller’s products. Then, an admin will get the 10$ if the product price is more than 10$. Otherwise, the admin will get full price of the product, if the amount is less than 10$. And, in this case, seller gets zero amount.
3. Both (Percentage & Fixed Amount): Here, let’s say admin assigns commission rate of 20% & a fixed amount commission of 5$. Now, when a customer orders a 40$ product. Then in this case, admin will get 8$+5$=13$ as a commission.
You can also set the global commission which will be applicable on products of all the sellers. But, please note that the global commission will work only if the seller wise commission is not set. It simply means that the priority is of seller wise commission. You can choose to assign commission in percentage, fixed amount or both in the global commission too.
There are mainly 3 options for the global commission. Although I explained each of them above, let’s see them again.
1. Percentage-wise commission: This type of commission will provide a set percentage of the product price to the admin as commission.
2. Fixed Amount: In this case, an admin can get only a set amount of commission. In case the commission is greater than the product price, then admin will get the total product price as commision.
3. Both (Percentage & Fixed Amount): Here, an admin will get both i.e a set fixed amount along with the set percentage part of the product price as commission.
Apart from this, you can also decide who will get the product tax. You can also choose to distribute this product tax between yourself & seller.
If the tax distribution is set to either seller or admin. Then it becomes very easy and the tax will go to either admin or the seller as per the settings. And if the commission is set to percentage and distribution is between seller and admin for tax. Then, in this case, tax will also distribute as per the set percentage. Let’s say percentage commission of the admin was 10% & the seller is getting 90%. And a tax on the product was $10. Then the admin will give only $1 as tax & seller will give $9.
But in case, if you set the commission to fixed or both. Then you will need to specify the amount of tax separately i.e. The fixed amount of commission on product tax. please refer to screenshot:
Manage Admin Commission on Shipping
Under this section, you can set seller wise admin commission on shipping. Suppose, an admin enters a 10% commission rate on shipping & shipping charge on any order is 10$. Then, in this case, the admin will get 1$ as a commission on shipping. Apart from this, you can also set a global commission on shipping applicable to every seller.
Note: This particular commission setting will work only if shipping distribution between seller & admin both is on.
In marketplace, all the payments made by the customers goes to admin and then he transfer the seller’s amount. In this case, it is necessary for admin to have seller account details saved so that he can transfer the amount into the seller’s account. Admin can add various payment modes so that each seller can provide his account details in order to receive payment.
Workflow at Seller’s End
Let’s have a look at the workflow of the marketplace from seller request to order management. In order to become a seller, the user has to register as a customer first and then he has to request to become a seller.
New Seller Request
If enabled by admin from backend, then “Become a Seller” option will be displayed in navigation bar, footer bar, and bottom info bar.
On clicking the tab, a seller gets redirected to “Seller Request” page. On this page, a seller has to fill the required details and send the seller request to admin.
As soon as seller submits the seller request, admin can view the seller request by navigating through Marketplace-> Sellers-> Seller Profile. If admin has enabled the auto-approval of seller request then he doesn’t have to approve each seller request individually.
Once admin has approved the seller’s request, then a seller can view the marketplace account at front end.
Once admin has approved the seller’s request, then he can view seller’s profile page.
Shipping Distribution Cases
You can choose to distribute shipping between seller, admin or both. To do so, please make sure that the shipping distribution between seller & admin is active in the approval setting.
Now, admin can decide on whether to distribute shipping to seller, admin or both.
Go to Shipping -> Carriers -> Select the shipping method -> Shipping distribute to -> Set the value(seller/admin/Both).
Shipping distribute to admin
In this case, whole price of shipping will go to admin. It will go to admin only even if the product is of seller.
Shipping distribute to seller
If its set to distribute the shipping to seller. Then the whole shipping amount will go to seller. However, there are following cases in case distribution of shipping to seller.
1. Customer ordered a seller’s product “Printed Summer Dress”.
2. Shipping method “Express exports” is applied to the product.
Now at the carriers page in back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to Seller” on Shipping.
Here, in this case, full shipping charges will go to the seller.
Now at the carriers page in back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to admin” on shipping.
Then in this case, full shipping charges will go to the admin.
1. A customer ordered from 2 different sellers. “Printed Summer Dress” from ‘Mary Jones’ and “Hummingbird Notebook” from ‘Jane Doe’.
2. Shipping method of admin i.e. “Go Express” is applied on the product.
Now at the carriers page in the back-office, admin has set “shipping distribute to Seller” on admin shipping. Now we will check if shipping is set according to total price or total weight.
When shipping is set according to total price:
Then following a ratio based on price of seller 1 and seller 2 product, shipping charges will distributed between sellers as follows:
Shipping to seller 1: ((seller 1 product price/total price of both the seller product)*total shipping)
=0.1556 * 10
Shipping to seller 2: ((seller 2 product price/total price of both the seller product)*total shipping)
=0.844 * 10
If a customer has ordered from 2 different sellers. “Demo product (3 kg)” from seller 1 and “demos prod(8 kg)” from seller 2.
When shipping is set according to total weight:
Then following a ratio based on weight of seller 1 and seller 2 product, shipping charges will be distribute between sellers as follows:
Shipping to seller 1: ((‘Mary Jones’ product weight/total weight of both the seller product)*total shipping)
=0.2727 * 57
Shipping to seller 2: ((‘Jane Doe’ product weight/total weight of both the seller product)*total shipping)
=0.7272 * 57
Please note that this case is only applicable when distribution of shipping between admin & seller is enabled from the configuration settings.
1. A Customer ordered a product of seller and a product of admin.
2. Admin shipping method “Go Express” is applied on the product.
Now at the carriers page in back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to Seller” on admin shipping.
And approval setting “distribute shipping between seller and admin both” under configuration is Enabled.
Then following a ratio based on price of admin’s and seller’s product, shipping charges will be distributed between seller and admin as follows:
Shipping to admin: ((admin product price/total price of admin and seller’s product)*total shipping)
Shipping to seller: ((seller product price/total price of admin and seller’s product)*total shipping)
Now at the carriers page in the back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to Seller” on admin shipping.
And approval setting “distribute shipping between seller and admin both” under configuration is disabled.
Then in this case, full shipping charges will go to the seller.
Now at the carriers page in back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to admin” on admin shipping. And approval setting “distribute shipping between seller and admin both” under configuration is Enabled.
Result of which the entire shipping will go to the admin.
Note: Admin can also view the shipping for every seller separately under “Manage seller order” page.
Shipping distribute to both(Admin/Seller)
This distribution takes place on the basis of commission rate(percentage). In this particular scenario, all the above cases of seller will also follow. However, in addition to shipping amount, admin will also get the commission on shipping. You can manage this commission on shipping from “Manage Admin Commission on Shipping” Section.
If admin product exists with any seller product and “distribute shipping between admin and seller both” is set to “No”, then full shipping for that order will be assigned to seller. If set to “yes” the shipping distribution will follow a ratio based on either price or weight of admin and seller’s product.
Manage tracking URL
There is additional functionality to add & update the tracking URL. Now, sellers can add the tracking number, URL & can also send these details via mail to the customer. Apart from this, they can also manage the display of tracking details on order details page as per the configuration settings.
Note: In case, if an order has a product of a single seller, then the tracking number will be updated on the Prestashop order too(if allowed from configuration settings). Whereas, if the order contains the product of multiple sellers, then the tracking number will not be updated on the Prestashop order.
After saving the tracking details, a seller can also send these details to the customer via mail.
After updating them here, it will be updated at customer’s end too. Now, the customer’s can also view the tracking details on the order details page. Please refer the screenshot below:
If you want, you can also choose to show tracking number in the tracking URL.
In order to show the tracking number in the tracking URL, you need to add “@” in your URL. So that this “@” will be replaced by the tracking number. You can notice this in the below screenshot. Now, at the customer order details page, the tracking number is also showing in tracking URL.
The tracking details of the customer’s order are also available on the admin order details page.
Seller Profile Management
While registering on the marketplace, the sellers has to provide relevant information required to become a seller.
Under edit profile page, the seller can:
- Information such as his name, shop name, contact details etc.
- Provide his address details.
- Add profile image & banner and shop logo & banner.
- Add social profile user ID’s
- Select the details to be displayed on seller’s profile page and shop page.
Also, sellers can send email directly to admin from edit profile page.
If enabled by admin, then the seller can reactivate or deactivate its shop. A button “Deactivate Your Shop” gets add on edit profile page by clicking on which the seller’s shop gets deactivated.
Note: Once the seller has deactivated its shop, then all of its products on the marketplace gets automatically deactivated.
After deactivating the shop, seller gets redirected to “My Account” page. On this page, seller can view “Re-activate Your Shop” tab by clicking on which a seller can reactivate its shop.
Admin has full access to the marketplace sellers and can manage them by navigating through Marketplace-> Sellers-> Seller Profile. Under Seller Profile, admin can:
- View/Edit/Delete seller’s profile
- Add new seller
- Accept/Decline seller’s request
Add New Seller/Update Seller Page
Admin can add a new seller by clicking on the “Add new seller” button.
If enabled by admin from backend, then while deactivating the seller admin needs to specify the reason for seller’s deactivation. While deactivating a seller, a popup appears on the screen where admin has to mention the reason for deactivating the seller.
View Seller’s Profile
After entering the profile information, seller now needs to add the products. Seller will go to the “Products” tab to add products in their shop.
The Seller can add product details in multi-language. If configured by admin from the backend, then the seller can add the following details to the products:
- Condition of a product
- Minimum Quantity for sale
- Low Stock Level
- Wholesale Price
- Price per unit
- “On Sale!” flag
Note: Tax-inclusive product price will be calculated on the basis of customers’ address and will not be shown here.
After adding the product infomration, a seller can view it under the “Product” tab.
Once the product is added, the request is sent to admin for the approval. Admin can approve or disapprove the request under Manage Seller Product.
Now, as soon as admin approves the seller product the status of the seller’s product gets change from Pending to Approved.
Note: The seller can change the status of newly added product only when the product gets approved by admin.
Once the seller has added the product, then he can proceed and add more details to the product.
After adding the basic information of a product, seller need to add product images.
If admin has not approved the product, then the image added by the seller will be in inactive state.
Once admin has approved the seller’s product, then the status of product images will change from inactive to active.
Once the product gets activated, then the seller can change the product cover image and postion of the images.
If enabled by admin from backend, then the sellers can create their own attributes and values. A new tab “Product Attributes” gets add when admin allows the sellers to manage the attributes and their values.
Admin can disallow the sellers to create their own attributes and values. However, he can allow sellers to create combinations for their products using admin added attributes.
If enabled by admin from backend, then the sellers can create their own features and values. A new tab “Product Features” gets add when admin allows the sellers to manage the features and their values.
Seller can create their own features and values.
Admin can disallow the sellers to create their own attributes and values. However, admin can allow sellers to add admin added features on their products.
Adding features to a product
If enabled by admin from the backend, then sellers can:
- add shipping methods added by admin to their products.
- add delivery time on their products.
- apply additional shipping cost on their products.
Under SEO, sellers can add meta title and meta description to their products.
Under Options, sellers can
- Add EAN, UPC barcode, and ISBN to their products.
- Manage the visibility of their products and
- Select availability preferences of their products
This is how the seller can easily add or update the products with the desired information as per the access provided by admin.
Product Page Preview
Seller can see the preview of a product by clicking on the product’s name under “Product” tab
A duplicate button gets add under Product tab of seller panel if enabled by admin from backend. seller can duplicate the product by clicking on this button.
If admin has enabled the creation of duplicate product without stock, then duplicate product will be created with zero quantity as shown above.
If creation of duplicate product without stock has been disabled, then duplicate product will be created with original product quantity as shown above.
Product Management – Backend
Admin can view the products added by the sellers by navigating through Marketplace-> Sellers -> Seller Product. under Seller Product, admin can:
- Add new product on seller’s behalf
- Assign admin product to seller
- Approve/Disapprove the seller’s product
- Edit/View/Delete the seller’s product
- Preview the seller’s product
Duplicate Seller Product
Admin can also duplicate seller’s product on behalf of seller by clicking on “Duplicate” button as shown below:
Adding Seller’s Product
Admin can add product on behalf of a seller by clicking on “Add new product” button.
After saving the product’s information, admin gets redirected to “update product” page and add more details to the product.
Assigning products to sellers
Admin can assign its products to the sellers just by selecting the seller’s name and the product(s) he wants to assign to the particular seller.
- Can assign multiple products to one seller.
- Cannot assign multiple products to multiple sellers.
- Cannot assign the same product to multiple sellers.
Deactivating Seller Products
Admin can specify the reason for deactivating the seller’s product. When admin deactivates a seller’s product, a popup appears on the screen where admin can submit the deactivation reason.
Sellers can view all the orders received in “Orders” tab.
A seller can view the complete list of orders received by clicking on the “Orders” tab.
When a seller clicks on order, the “order details” gets open and a seller can view the product details in the order. Also, the seller can view commission summary under which admin commission and amount earned by a seller are mentioned.
On the dashboard, the sellers can view sales graph and the list of latest orders placed. Admin can select whether the seller dashboard graph will be display:
- once the order is confirmed
- once the payment is accepted
On the dashboard, the seller can view five latest orders received.
Note: Sales and order statistics will be displayed in default currency only.
Admin can view the number of orders received by the marketplace sellers by navigating through Marketplace-> Orders-> Seller Orders. Also,Admin can view the list of orders received by each seller.
Admin can view the complete list of orders received by a seller.
When admin click on the “View” button, a popup appears on the screen where admin can view order details such as product name, seller amount, seller tax, admin commission, and admin tax.
Sellers can view the transaction history and their earnings from the “Transaction” tab in seller panel.
Under “Transaction” tab, the sellers can view transaction history and their earnings product wise.
When a seller clicks on the action button, a popup appears on the screen on which the order details are mentioned.
If a seller changes the status of an order to canceled then a new record for canceled order will be created and there will be a rollback of the transaction.
Admin can view transaction details by navigating through Marketplace-> Transactions-> Seller Transactions. Under “Seller Transaction”, admin can view summary of total commission earned and seller earnings. Admin can also view seller wise transactions.
Admin can view the list of the transactions of all the marketplace sellers by clicking on “View Transaction” button.
When admin clicks on the “View Detail” button, a popup appears on the screen where admin can view the order details for that particular transaction.
Admin can view the transaction summary, total earnings, and a list of all the transactions of a particular seller by clicking on “View Transaction” button under Manage Seller Transaction. Admin can settle the pending dues of a seller.
If admin changes the status of an order to “canceled” then a new record for canceled order will be created and there will be a rollback of the transaction.
When admin clicks on “settle” button, a popup appears on the screen where admin has to specify the payment mode, transaction ID, and the amount it wants to pay to the seller.
In the marketplace, all the payments made by the buyers go to admin and then admin transfer the seller’s amount at its own end. The module calculates the admin commission and tax amount. Admin will use the account information collected from the “payment detail” tab to transfer seller share to his account manually.
The sellers can view payment modes added by admin under “Payment Detail” tab. Under Payment Detail, the seller can select the payment method and provide the details to get payment from admin for its orders.
If enabled by admin from backend, then only registered customers can contact the sellers from the seller’s profile and shop page. When a visitor tries to contact the seller from either profile or shop page, then a popup appears from where visitor can login.
If disabled, then a visitor can contact the seller on profile and shop page. When a visitor clicks on the “contact seller” a popup appears on the screen where the visitor has to enter its email id, subject, and the query it wants to ask from the seller.
Post Ratings and Reviews
Customers can give review to the sellers, view ratings & reviews on the seller’s profile page if enabled by admin from the backend. To give a review the customer has to click on “write a review” button.
When a customer clicks on “write a review” button, a popup appears on the screen where a customer can give ratings and reviews to the seller.
After the submission of a review by the customer, its status depends on whether admin has enabled the auto-approval of review or not from the backend. If admin has enabled the auto-approval of seller review then it will be shown as approved on seller’s profile page otherwise it will remain in pending state.
Admin can view the seller reviews by navigating through Marketplace-> Sellers-> Seller Reviews. Under “Seller Reviews”, admin can view ratings and reviews given by the customers to the shop.
If enabled by admin from backend, then customer can give feedback on seller’s review otherwise not.
The order in which the seller reviews will display depends on the settings configured by admin from backend. Either the “most recent reviews” or “most helpful reviews” will display as configured by admin.
Custom CSS Functionality
Admin can customize the view of “Marketplace Account” of sellers by enabling custom css in the front end. It will improve the default view of marketplace. The CSS is compatible to all the themes developed on Prestashop standards as well as selection of color has been made in such a way that it fits with all the themes color combination.
GDPR Compliance The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR ) has applied to all the Organization in all over the world. It is effective from May 25th’ 2018 by European Union Regulations. With the help of this law, customers can view/update/delete their data from the website, whenever they want. To make the Advanced Marketplace GDPR compliance you need to install “Official GDPR Compliance” module which is free for Prestashop 1.7.
Note– Prestashop is GDPR compliance from version 126.96.36.199 and above.
Configuration of “Official GDPR Compliance module”
In the Advanced Marketplace, GDPR is now applicable on the seller request form.
After the integration of the GDPR module, sellers can check their personal data from “My Personal Data” tab. Also, this tab is shown under the account section only after the installation of the “GDPR” module.
That’s all for Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module.
In order to enhance the functionality of the marketplace module, we have also developed various add-ons for it. To know more about those addons, visit the link.
Current Product Version - 5.3.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x