To understand the significance of the Prestashop Add Sub-User Account for Buying module for your eCommerce shop, let me just quote a famous & popular Ethiopian saying.
When spiders unite, they can tie down a lion
The proverb is very much practical & keeps the importance in our everyday lives. It conveys a very simple meaning that a work performed by several people tends to complete faster. Whenever there are many people overlooking the completion of work, it completes at a significant rate. And, for such speedy rate of work only, we are bringing this module to you.
The module upon installation allows customers to add multiple sub-users under them. So that a customer can allow multiple sub-users to create multiple orders & the main user can accordingly place those orders. This thing is quite useful for:
- Customers who have a large number of family members with varying needs.
- An organisation having multiple departments with varying degrees of work.
Now, with this module, customers can allow their subordinates/other family members to create a cart & assign them. After analysing carts, parent users can easily place the orders of their sub-users from their account.
Features of the Prestashop Add Sub-User Account for Buying module
- Let your customer register as a parent user or sub-user on the shop.
- Helps to manage the ordering process if multiple users place orders for one organization/group.
- Allow parent user to add, edit or delete the sub-user.
- Notify parent user via mail when sub-user assigns a cart.
- Choose to make account approval & verification mandatory for a sub-user account.
- Choose whether you want to delete the customer account of the sub-user on deleting the sub-user or not.
- Allow or restrict the sub-user to create an order.
How to install the Prestashop Add Sub-User Account for Buying module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Add Sub-User Account for Buying module
After the successful installation of the module, you need to configure the module. There are multiple options in the configuration settings which allows you to manage the user & sub-users account.
In the following screenshots, the significance/working of each option is in front of them.
In the configuration settings, there are two options which I think needs some extra explanation. As you might notice, in the following screenshot two options are highlighted.
On enabling the above two options, a user can choose whether he/she wants to register as parent user or sub-user.
Create a Parent User
After the installation of the module, two new options add on the customer registration page at the back end.
Those two options are:
- Manage Sub User: If you enable this option, then the customer will register as a parent user. And, you can also add some sub-users under this parent user afterwards.
- Is Sub-User: If you enable this option, then a new user will register as a sub-user on the shop.
While creating a sub-user, you can also select under which parent user you want to keep this sub-user.
Create a sub-user from the front end of the shop
In order to create the sub-users, a parent user needs to sign in to his/her account on the shop.
After signing in to the account, a parent user can see two new tabs on the dashboard. The two new tabs are Sub-Users & Assigned Cart.
On clicking the Sub-Users tab, following page will open. In case, if the parent user has no Sub-Users then the list will be empty.
To add the new sub-user, you can click on the “Add New Sub-User” button.
On clicking the button, a page same as customer registration page open on the front end of the shop. Here, enter the details & click on the “save” button to create a new sub-user.
After saving the details, a new sub-user is added on the shop. You can also choose to edit the details or delete the sub-user upon requirement.
After the parent user creates a sub-user, the sub-user adds to the list of inactive sub-users at the admin’s end. The new sub-user add to the inactive sub-user list only when their account approval & email verification is made mandatory. Otherwise, these sub-user accounts will verify automatically.
The following screenshot shows the template of the email that sub-user receives to verify his/her account.
On clicking the verify account button in the email, user will redirect to the front end of the website again. And, the screen like the following screenshot will open to notify that account is verified.
After the approval of account, the name of the sub-user is also removed from the list.
Assigning the Cart
Now on proceeding to place the order, a sub-user gets an option to assign the cart to the parent user.
On assigning the cart, status will now show to “Assigned” in the sub-users account.
In the parent user’s account
Now, when a parent user wants to see all the assigned cart, he/she can go to the “assigned cart” tab.
Under “Assigned Cart”, a parent user also gets an option to proceed to checkout & place the order.
After clicking on the “Proceed to Checkout” button, the process is same as placing the order on PrestaShop.
After the parent user successfully places the order, the status also changes in the sub-users account.
The details of a order by parent user is also available at the admin’s end.
So, this was all about Prestashop Add Sub-User Account for Buying Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x