This post will show you how to add and update products in mass using the XLS file and will provide you an overview of the structure of the XLS file.
- You can add multiple options, special, discounts, custom fields for the multiple products.
- You can add the product description, attributes in multiple languages.
- Back up files can also be used as Demo XLS file to add the products in bulk.
- Image path should be correct else the image will not get uploaded.
- Export products in Bulk.
Mass Upload Products (XLS File)
For importing products via the XLS file –
- Just select the File type as “XLS“.
- Then select to Add New Upload New product.
- Upload the XLS file having the Product Information.
- Select the Column Separator(Separator for Multiple Values in the Option.).
- Click on the “Category” to assign category if no category has been assigned to the product.
- Now, click on the “Next” option to go to the next step.
After entering all the information click the “Next” button to go to the next step, now you will have to match the product and in file column values under the different tabs. Lastly, after mapping all the fields for all the tabs click the “Save” button to save the products, after which you can see the success message that the products have been uploaded.
You can create a new XLS for uploading new products very easily. In XLS file, the first row defines the column name. You can write it in both small or capital letter and also in multi-languages. You can write anything in the column name, but you have to match this correctly in the later steps.
Defining Description, Meta-Description, Keywords, & Title
How To – Define A Category
How To – Define Attributes
How To – Define Options
How To – Define Special Entry For Product
How To – Define Discount Entry For Product
How To – Define Product SubImage(Thumbnail)
How To – Define Custom Field
You can add multiple custom fields for the single product. For adding the custom field in XLS file – name, type, and value is mandatory. Custom field type must be in small letter and custom field value must be same as the product option created in the admin side.
**Note – Custom field is applicable for OC version 2.0.X
How To – Update Products(XLS)
Select “Update Old Product’s” as shown in the below screenshot and enter valid parameters.
After that, you have to select Model under a General tab for updating the product. Otherwise, you can’t update the product. It is the mandatory field for updating the product.
How To – Update Attributes in XLS File
How To – Update Option in XLS File
How To – Update Discount Entry in XLS File
That’s all for the Opencart Marketplace Version2 Product Mass Upload XLS File Demo. Still, have issues or want to give your suggestions to make this module better just raise a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 188.8.131.52