Opencart Helpdesk module provides the support to their customers. It is a software suite that enables customer support to receive, process, and respond to service requests. Help desk builds on the definition to serve their customers by creating a powerful ticket-management platform that allows you to centralize all tickets with ticket status, priority, types and many more. We can easily increase the productivity by automating our ticket management via SLA, Events & Triggers, Ticket Rules etc. Help desk enables the support with web, email.
Opencart helpdesk module is the best helpdesk module for the Opencart store owners and admins. With the help of this module customers can generate tickets for the store and the store owner/admin can easily manage those tickets in this module.
UVdesk : Cloud-based helpdesk system
Webkul is proud to announce our cloud-based helpdesk system “UVdesk“. UVdesk is super handy to use with tons of features like ticket generation via email, knowledge-base, online form builder, automatic actions or workflow, reports, customizations and much more.
- Working with All the Templates ( Including Responsive Themes) and source code is Open so can be easily customized.
- Allow admin to create ticket status, ticket priority, ticket types, ticket custom field.
- Allow to Merge tickets.
- Allow split thread as new ticket.
- Allow admin to create customers.
- Allow admin to create organization and manage tickets based on Organization level.
- Allow admin to create multiple Agents and agent level.
- Admin can create unlimited agent group.
- Allow admin to create roles.
- Admin can define business hours and holidays based on SLA’s.
- Allow admin to prepare responses with action.
- Allow admin to create support center category.
- Email tickets fetch support.
- Reply by email.
- Admin can create Service level agreements (SLA).
- Complete Agents management system.
- Event Triggers support found.
- Custom fields support for tickets.
- Complete and flexible ACL system.
- Ticket Lock feature support.
Installation of the Opencart Helpdesk module is very simple. In the zip file you should find 3 folders admin, catalog and ocmod folders. You just need to move admin and catalog folder into the root directory of your opencart website.
Once you have uploaded the file then login to admin and from catalog section go to Extensions> Extension installer and upload the xml file. The xml file can be found on ocmod folder under module directory.
After that in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and select all for both Access and Modify Permission then save it.
After that under extension>module install the Hepldesk module like this way-
Admin can edit Helpdesk configuration setting by clicking option and below page will be open.
- Admin can set Helpdesk’s status enable/disable.
- Admin can set date format i.e Y-M-D or D-M-Y as per the PHP, so that the helpdesk will show dates in this format.
- ACTIVITY LIMIT DASHBOARD– Admin can limit the number of activity to be shown in the dashboard. Number of activites can be refered as the activites perfomed by Agents or Admin on the tickets like- status change, priority change etc.
- GENERATE ACTIVITY– Admin can select option for which the activity to be generated.
- SELECT ACTIVITY PRIORITY– Admin can set priority for the activity.
- SHOW HEADER– Helpdesk header will be shown in selected pages.
- INFORMATION LIMIT– Enter numbers of information(s) will display at support center page with categories.
- CATEGORY INFORMATION ORDER– Information will be show by “old to new” or “new to old”
Here the admin enters the details as required.
Name – Enter the name of the status as per the requirement.
Description – Enter the description of the status.
Status – status whether “Enable” or “Disable”.
- Ticket open– Set status when ticket is open.
- Ticket new– Set status when ticket is new.
- Ticket pending– Set status when ticket is pending.
- Ticket solved– Set status when ticket is solved.
- Ticket closed– Set status when ticket is closed.
- Ticket spam– Set status when ticket is spam.
Admin can set default values for those tickets which are not complete.
- Default status– Show selected default status when status is not defined.
- Default ticket type– Show selected default ticket when type is not selected.
- Default group– Set selected default group when group is not selected.
- Default priority– Show selected default priority when priority is not defined.
ADMIN TICKET VIEW
- Ticket thread limit– Admin can set ticket thread limit. e.g-1,2,3. So that customers can see only that number of tickets and if they want to see all the tickets they can expand it.
- Draft saving time– Admin can set draft saving time. So that whenever any agent or admin will be typing a message it will automatically save after that specified interval of time.
- Lock view time– Admin can manage the lock view time.
- Lock expire time– Admin can manage lock expire time.
- Note for action– Admin can set the note for action. If admin sets YES then note will be added to the ticket based on any condition or events&triggers, If NO then note will not be shown.
TICKET GENERATE / VIEW SETTING
- Required login for tickets– Admin can set login required for ticket (yes/no). If admin set login require YES then customer have to log in by their accounts and then can generate tickets. If NO then any customer can generate ticket without logging in to the helpdesk.
- Ticket fields– Selected fields will display to customers at time of ticket generation.
- Required ticket fields– Validation will work for only selected fields at the time of ticket generation.
- No. of files allowed– Admin can limit allowed number of files to be uploaded. This feature can give a facility to those admins who have shortage of disc space.
- Allowed file size– Admin can limit the file size to be uploaded by the customers.
- Allowed file extensions– Admin can allow all or limited file extension for customers.
- Allow editor– Admin can set allow editor to- YES/NO. If admin sets YES then customer can use editor or admin sets no then customers can’t use the editor.
Customer can delete tickets
- Customer can delete ticket thread– Admin can allow or restrict the customer to delete the ticket thread.
- Can update status– Admin can allow or restrict the customer to update status.
- Can add cc– Admin can allow or restrict the customer to add cc.
After the installation and configuration help desk will be displayed under the admin panel.
Under Helpdesk there are various menus we will explain them one by one.
In Helpdesk dashboard admin can view the Ticket status and Recent activity.
Under dashboard admin can see the ticket status and recent activities.
TICKET STATUS: Here admin can see different status of various tickets like- Pending, New, Open, Closed, Resolved, Spam. By clicking on any status admin can see all the tickets under that status.
RECENT ACTIVITY: This section shows list of all the recent ticket activities which has been performed.
After dashboard there is ticket management option.
1.Ticket:– Under ticket management there are various options for the admin to view and manage the ticket, status, type, priority and customs fields of the ticket.
In this menu admin can see various tickets and their priority, status, assigned to agent, type. Admin can search any ticket using filters provided in ticket menu.
- Assign agent:Admin can select any ticket and can assign agent directly
- Assign group:Admin can select various tickets and can assign group to them.
- Status:Admin can select various tickets and can change their status.
- Bulk action: Admin can also choose the bulk action to update various ticket’s features in a single platform.
- Merge: Admin can easily merge 2 or more ticket just admin have to select the primary ticket and then have to click on save then those tickets will show into the primary ticket.
Edit Ticket: In this admin can reply ticket or can assign it to a particular agent and group, so that the ticket will be resolved and closed as soon as possible.
- Reply: Admin can reply tickets from this screen.
- Add cc/bcc: Admin can add cc bcc for the reply, if enabled from backend option.
- Forward: There is a feature that Admin can forward the ticket, by clicking on the forwrd button the ticket content will appear in the reply text field.
- Ticket note: This ticket note can be add by one who will be working on the ticket. Admin/Agent can add note for future references.
- Ticket tags: This ticket tag can be added by the one who is working on the ticket. Tags helps the Agent/Admin to search the tickets in future using filters.
- Lock view: This feature indicates one or more agent is viewing that particular ticket. If only one agent is viewing or doing some work in that ticket then the marker will be blue and if more than 1 agent are viewing that particular ticket then the marker will turn into red and show a pop-up with the name of the agent working on that particular ticket.
- Add note: Admin can add internal note to the ticket which will be visible to the agents only.
- Mark spam: Admin/agent can mark the ticket as spam by clicking mark spam button.
- Delete: Admin/Agent can delete ticket by clicking on delete button.
- Previous/Next button: Here Admin/Agent can easily go to the pevious or next ticket by clicking on those buttons.
- Response: In this agent will choose a response from the list of responses which have made earlier for the ticket, response will include various actions like-Group update,Priority update,reply added, etc so that it will be easy for the agents to add a response to a ticket.
2.Status: In this menu admin can manage ticket’s status, admin can create, delete or enable/disable the status. Admin can update/edit the existing tickets. admin can search tickets by using various filters like- Date-updated,Status,Name.
Add Status: In this admin can add status, admin have to set NAME and DESCRIPTION of the status, after that admin have to enable or disable it from the radio button.
3.Priority: In this menu admin can manage the priority status list. Admin can create new priority status, delete, enable/disable or can edit the existing priority status.
Add priority: In this admin have to set the name and description of the Priority, after that admin have to enable or disable the priority from a radio button provided under and save it.
4.Types: In this menu admin can manage types of tickets. Here admin can add new type of ticket, delete, edit, enable/disable the existing types of ticket.
Add type: In this admin have to set the name and description of the type, after that admin have to enable or disable the type from a radio button provided under and save it.
5.Ticket’s custom fields: In this menu admin can add new custom fields to get additional data & information about the ticket from the buyers. So admin can add any number of custom fields and admin can also edit the existing custom fields.
Add ticket custom field: In this admin have to fill the information like name location to make a custom option.
Then admin have to set the field dependency on any ticket type then custom field will displayed to that ticket type only.If the Admin wants to show it to every ticket then just have to leave it blank.
For example: If there is a custom field named Order i.d so order id will be needed in some specific ticket type like- support ticket so we will set field dependency to that ticket type only then it will only show to support tickets. If there is another ticket which is for pre sale then the custom field- order i.d will not be displayed.
Admin will select a group to show this custom option to that customer group
After that admin will configure the custom field like enable/disable and sort order of the custom field.
After ticket management the customer management dropdown occurs under this there are two options-
Customers: In this Admin can add customers and can delete or edit the existing customers. Admin can also find the customers by using the filter.
Why to make customers?
By making customers it will merge the data of store’s customers with the same customer of helpdesk and by merging the data synchronisation will be easy.
Add customer: In this admin creates a customer by filling all the information about the customer like Name, Email, OC customer, Organistaion and add it.
Organisations: In this Admin can add organisations and can delete or edit the existing organisations. Admin can also find the organisations by using the filter.
Why to make Organisation?
By making an organisation the admin/agent can add various customers in a organisation so that handling the customers of the same organisation will be easy.
Add Organisation: In this the Admin creates an Organization and fill its details in the form and save it.
Admin have to fill the organisations name and description at first then-
Domain: Admin have to fill the domain details of the organistaion.
Notes: Admin can add notes for this specific organisation for the future references.
Customers: Admin can easily add customers for this particular group.
Customer role: In this the admin can enable or disable the customer role. Customer role gives the option to the customer to edit the tickets of the particular Organisation.
Groups: Admin can add groups to this organisation to define a way for this organisation, ticket assign process.
Agents: In this Admin can add Agents and can delete or edit the existing Agents. Admin can also find the Agents by using the filter.
Agent can reply to tickets assigned by the admin.
After defining the roles of the agent. They can do various task defined to them like- Can edit ticket, Update the status, set priority,etc.
Add Agent: In this the admin creates a new agent fill all the details about the agent like who will be the agent(only user of that opencart can be a agent).
Admin can set the agent alias name.
Admin can define a group to agent and save it.
Admin/Agent can set there signature so that they can add it in the reply.
Role:The roles which have been created by the admin will be displayed and admin have to select from those role for the agent.
Ticket access level: Admin will select the Ticket access level like- Own ticket access, Group access, global access.
Own ticket access: In this admin can restrick the agent to repliy and edit his own tickets only which have been assigned by the admin.
Group access: In this agent have the access to the tickes of every agents in a particular group. Agent can reply and edit any ticket of that particular group.
Global access: In this the agent will be able to access all the tickets of the helpdesk and can reply or edit any ticket.
Agent level: Admin can even devide the agents upto a few levels like Expert, High, Low. In this Admin can add Agent level and can delete or edit the existing Agent level. Admin can also find the Agent level by using the filter.
Add Agent level: In this admin creates a new agent level by filling all the information about the agent level like Name and Description then have to select from Enable/Disable and save it.
Groups: Admin can organise the agents into different groups so they could focus on one kind of problem, and get to know the solutions and customers better. In this Admin can add Groups and can delete or edit the existing Groups. Admin can also find the Groups by using the filter.
Add Groups: Here admin wiil create new group by entering information i.e Name & description and then select enable or disble and then save it. While adding the group Admin can choose agents for that particular group.
Admin will also select the business hour for the group.
Agent’s roles will specify what an agent can see and do within the helpdesk system. Admin can use filter to search a role and can add or delete various roles.By creating a new role with various tasks and responsibilities the admin can change the roles of any agents.
Add role: In this admin will add new role by filling all the information about the role and selecting various work from the menu.In this after adding various tasks and responsibilities in it admin can assigin that role to any agent.
At first Admin have to set the name and description of the role.
Default roles: After adding the role’s name & description their will be a default roles i.ethose roles which are defined for everyone and can’t be changed.(Dashboard, notes)
Ticket: Using these roles admin can give permission to the agents to access tickets, so that they can manage tickets.
Agents Using these roles admin can give permission to agent to manage other agents i.e add new agent, edit agents and delete agents.
Admin can add business hours. Using business hours you can customize the work timings based on when you are actually working. Admin can also set up holidays as exceptions to the business hours set in their schedule.
In this admin can see the list of business hour and can also search by the help of the filter. Admin can also add new business hour or can delete the existing.Admin can add Holiday list.
Add business hour: In this admin can add new business hour by filling all the information and details to it and then save them.
At first admin have to fill the name & description of the business hour.
After fill the above Admin have to set the time zone on which they are working.
Then admin have to set the times of the week days. Like- we have mentioned 9am to 6pm timing which is the statndard working time in India
Holiday:Admin can add holiday list by adding various holidays.
In this admin can see all the responses and can edit those responses.admin can also add new and delete existing response.
Add response: In this admin will add new responses by filling all the information about the responses
At first admin have to define the name and description of the response.
Action: Admin then will set the action i.e by using this response what action will be performed to the ticket.
For example: If admin/agent will define the action of a response to set priority, set status, set type. Then by choosing that response at EDIT TICKET page it will work the same as defined.
Can use: In this option admin can select that who can use the response i.e Only me, all agents or groups. If admin selects groups then admin have to select the various groups which can use priority from a dropdown menu.
In this the admin can see all the support centers and can edit the existing support centers. Admin can also add new or delete the existing support centers.
In support center the admin will create some predefined questios and their replies so that when ever a customer have a query or needs a support in some common issue they can easily read the solutions from those support center templates.
Add support center: In this admin will add new support centers by filling all the information about them and save them.
At first admin have to set the name and description of the support center template
After that Admin have to select for which category this support center will be displayed.
Then admin will set it enable or disable.
Admin can configure settings as per the need of the helpdesk. so that it can perform all the tasks perfectly. Under settings there are various sections like connect email(s), activity, SLA, event triggers, ticket rules, email templates.
Email is a medium for customers to submit tickets to the Helpdesk and have conversations with agents to resolve their issues. When a customer sends an email to email address, the email creates a ticket in Helpdesk. If an agent updates the ticket in Helpdesk, a notification email is sent to the person who sent the original email.
Webkul helpdesk system is one and only helpdesk system in the world provides email piping feature that means your customer can reply directly from their email and they don’t need to login to the ticket system.
Add email: In this the admin can add email by filling up all the required areas and then can save it.
At first admin have to set the Name and Description then admin has to write the email i.d so that it can be configured further for Email piping.
After the above details admin has to fill Username, Password, Hostname, Port, Protocol to configure the Email piping.
Then admin has to set the Email fetching time so after that intervals the emails will be fetched.
After setting the time to fetch, Admin has to set no. of emails to be fetched.
HELPDESK Action: In this admin will set the action to be taken for the fetched mails.
After that admin has to set default values for the Emails/tickets i.e Default Group, Default type, Default Priority.
At first you have to fill the basic information of the email.
Name: In this you have to write the name of the email which you want to connect.
Description: In this you have to write the description of the email or you can write anything about that mail.
Email: Here you have to enter the full email address which you want to connect. For example the complete email address(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Next you have to configure the email piping (IMAP/POP)
Username: In this you have to enter your username of the email. For example- Your full Gmail address (email@example.com).
Password: In this you have to enter the password of the above account.
Hostname: After entering the basic information you have to enter the Host name of your mail provider. You can see various details for configuration of different email providers.
Port: In this you have to fill the port number of the email. Please refer the below screenshots.
Mailbox:In this you have to write the name of the mailbox.
Protocol: In this you have to select the protocol which you want to select.(IMAP/POP)
POP and IMAP are protocols which allows you to download messages from (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook or Thunderbird, even when you aren’t connected to the Internet.
Email services setting for Gmail
if you are using Gmail then you have to enter imap.gmail.com as hostname, 993 as port. For more details visit https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en
For configuring IMAP
For configuring the POP
Here’s how to enable POP in Gmail:
Sign in to Gmail.
Click the gear in the top right .
Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
Choose what to do with your messages after your POP client or device receives them.
Click Save Changes.
Email settings for Yahoo
For configuring the IMAP
For configuring the POP
Email settings for Hotmail
Fetch time: In this you have to set a time for fetching the emails from the mailbox to the helpdesk.
Fetch Emails (No.): Here you have to set the number of email to fetch on a single time in helpdesk.
Helpdesk action: Here you have to select the action of the helpdesk for the emails to be fetched.
After configuration you have to set the default values for the mail for this particular mailbox.
Default Group: Here you have to choose default group in which these mails to be assigned.
Default Type:Here you have to select a type as default for the email of this mailbox.
Default Priority:Here you have to select the default priority which will be assign to the mails of this group.
Status: You have to set the status as enable or disable of this mailbox.
Admin can see the activities in this section. Admin can also delete the Activities.
Admin can create SLA Policies from here. With the help of these SLA policies Customers want to know when they can expect a response and resolution from you when they submit a support request. A service level agreement (SLA) policy lets you set standards of performance for your support team. You can set SLA policies for the time within which agents should respond to, and resolve tickets based on ticket priorities, and set up automatic escalation rules to notify specific agents about SLA violations.
Add SLA: At first Admin have to set the name and description of SLA
SLA Ticket priority: In this admin have to set Ticket Respond Time, Ticket resolve time, Working hours and status in respect to ticket’s priority.
Atleast one condition for SLA to apply: In this admin have to select various conditions, so that if any one of those condition will apply then the SLA will work.
All conditions for SLA: In this admin will select various conditions and of all the condition will apply to a single ticket then this SLA will work.
Sort Order: In this admin have to select the sort order because SLA policy will work according to sort order.If one will match condition then that policy will work not the next one.
SLA policies have a set structure. Each SLA policy has:
-A set of conditions that a ticket must satisfy in order for the SLA policy to be applied.
-The target time for each desired condition and priority value.
-One or more condition that you choose to measure.
-Whether targets will be measured in business or calendar hours.
Triggers contain conditions and actions. You can use it to modify status, change priorities and even send out notification alerts as soon as certain conditions are met. For example, a trigger can be used to notify the customer when a ticket has been opened.
Add event & trigger: In this admin add new event and trigger from here. There are two types of conditions – all conditions and any conditions. In all condition, Events & trigger will work only if all conditions are true. If any of the condition statements fail (are not true), the trigger will not act on the ticket. Whereas in Atleast condition, Events & trigger will work if atleast one condition is true in selected condition.
At first admin have to set the name and description of the event&triggers.
Events: Admin have to select a event or various events for the Events&Triggers.
Select event(s) Performer: In this the admin have to select the performers for the event that who will perform for the event.
Atleast one condition for events&trigger to apply: Admin have to select various condition. If atleast a single condition matches with any ticket then this Event&Trigger will work.
All condition for events&triggers: Admin will select various conditions from the list and if all the condition matches then this Event&trigger will work.
Action: Admin can add various action which will happen to the ticket.
At the end admin can set it enable or disable.
The ticket rules apply on every new ticket coming in and perform actions based on conditions specified. You can use the ticket rules to
- Assign ticket to right agent.
- Set status, priority and type.
- Send email notifications to agents and groups.
- Delete tickets or mark them as spam.
These actions can be performed on a ticket, if it matches certain condition. Admin can see the list of ticket rules from this menu and can edit the existing ticket rule. Admin can also add new ticket rule or can Delete the existing.
Add ticket rule: In this admin can add ticket rules from here.
Admin can see various template and can edit the existing template. Admin can make new templates or can delete the existing template
Add email template: In this admin can add new template for email by adding various information about the new template.
Customers can generate ticket from this page here all the required field has to be filled by the customer to generate a new ticket. Customers can see their existing tickets from ticket status. At the customers end the help desk screen will display
After generating the ticket customers can see their all tickets from Ticket status option.
Customer can easily add replies to the tickets and also can add attachments if the admin have enabled it from the back-end.
Customer can go to previous or go to the next ticket by clicking on arrow buttons.
Customers can expand the ticket threads by one click only.
In this field, the customer can see the Support Center Category added by the admin.
If you still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better https://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
Current Product Version - 126.96.36.199
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x.x, 2.1.x.x, 2.2.x.x, 2.3.x.x, 3.x.x.x