Opencart Cache System module uses the phpFastcache caching system to store cache. Using this cache system you can increase the performance of your e-commerce website.
Also, this module stores the cache for different pages and layouts of the Opencart store. After saving the cache on the system the page will open lightning fast.
The admin can define the time frame for each module individually after which the cache is automatically deleted from the system.
- This module will work with the PHP version above 5.6.
Features of Opencart Cache System
- Increases the performance of the store.
- Creates cache files for the product page of Opencart.
- Creates cache files for various modules (Category, Latest Product, Featured Product, store location, Information, Category Filter).
- Can enable the load from CDN which will provide a faster upload of the file(CSS & JS).
- The image compression quality can be set as desired by admin(from 0-100).
- Creates cache files for the various list(Manufacturer, Category Menu List).
- Creates cache files for Banner Module (SlideShow + Banner + Carousel).
- The admin can set the cache to expire time for each module.
- The admin can enable or disable the cache of each module separately.
- Also, the admin can show the cache panel on the website with a countdown which will show the cache deletion time.
- Can optimize the images and convert them into WebP file format.
- Reduces page loading time by using leverage cache for the users who are visiting again and again.
- Admin End option to compress xml, xml-xhtml, xml-rss file formats automatically.
- Reserving option is available to serve the compressed content.
Installation Of Opencart Cache System
After purchasing the module you will receive a zip file. After unzipping the files you will receive the following folders- admin, catalog, ocmod, system, and composer.json. First of all, you need to upload admin, catalog, system, and composer.json folders to the root directory of the website.
After uploading the files, run the following commands in the terminal for installing the composer.json file.
curl -s http://getcomposer.org/installer | php
php composer.phar install
1. You have to increase post_max_size to 200M.
2. Please note that if you have not installed the composer then only follow these steps. If you have already installed the composer then you just need to run a single command i.e ” php composer.phar install “
Once you have uploaded the folders then login to admin and navigate to Extensions> Extension installer and upload the XML file. The XML file can be found on the ocmod folder.
On uploading the XML file go to the Extensions > Modification and click on refresh field.
After that in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and select all for both Access and Modify Permission then save it.
After that you also need to go under Extension>Extenstions > Modules install the Opencart Cache System Module like this way.
As this Opencart Cache System module supports multiple languages so this section will describe how to make the module work in different languages.
Please check this link for language translation
Configuration Of Opencart Cache System
After the installation of the module, the admin can click on edit to configure the module. From here admin can enable/ disable the module and set the default time zone for the module under the setting tab.
Under the setting tab, admin can also set the cache to expire time for each layout and set their status individually. Admin can also particularly clear the cache of each layout.
Under the Combine+Minify section, if the admin enables the Combine CSS (Combine all CSS files to a single CSS file) and if the Minify CSS is also enabled then the CSS files which is combined into a single file will minimize in term of size thus reducing the time in opening it.
Disable combine CSS will separate the files as shown below
After enabling the Combine and Minify CSS files, the file will get combine and minimized as shown below
As content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that will load the file and delivers pages to a user, based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage, and the content delivery server.
The admin can select the loading for Bootstrap and Font Awesome.
Also, it will minimize the size of the files to load them in a faster way.
The image tab view is as shown under-
- Convert Image in .webp Format – By enabling this the file format of all the images will get converted in .webp.
- Image Lazy load – This will allow the store owner to enable lazy load for the images. Now by using this the content will load before loading the image.
- Image Compression: The admin set Enabled against this field.
- Image Compression Quality: The admin can define the image compression quality.
- WebP is an image format like PNG, this will decrease the size of the image without affecting its quality losslessly.
- This feature will work only when the WebP is enabled on the server.
Image optimization is the most important part of any e-commerce web store as the major part of the web stores is covered by the images.
So to increase the performance of the website image optimization is a must.
This will allow the store owner to enable leverage browsing cache. After that, the store owner can add time period for the leverage cache.
This will reduce the page loading time for the repeate visitors on any e-commerce webstore. It will follow the below format for setting the caching parameters. Here the file type will change accordingly.
Note: For setting the caching parameters you need to go the .htaccess file.
ExpiresByType image/jpeg “access plus 1 years”
ExpiresByType image/gif “access plus 1 years”
For Videos the code will be like –
ExpiresByType video/mp4 “access plus 1 years”
For CSS the code will be like –
ExpiresByType text/css “access plus 1 years”
For others the code will be like –
ExpiresByType application/pdf “access plus 1 years”
ExpiresByType pplication/x-shockwave-flash “access plus 1 years”
The admin can enable/disable the Compression of the pages.
CSS Compression – The admin can enable/disable the CSS file compression which will reduce the file size.
HTML Compression – The admin can compress the Html files by enabling the compression.
Image Compression – The enable/disable compression of the images for faster upload.
XML Compression – By enabling this the store owner can compress all the XML file format.
xml-xhtml Compression – This will help in the compression of xml-xhtml file format.
xml-rss Compression – This will compress xml-rss file format.
Serves the Compressed Content – The store owner can enable this for using the already compress file again and again.
If it is disabled then the file needs to be compressed before using it every time.
Full Page Cache
The admin can clear the full page cache by clicking on the Clear Cache button.
Page Cache Status – The admin can enable/disable the full Page cache status.
Expiry Time –The admin can set the expiry time(in seconds). Once the time is complete, it will clear the cache and reload the page.
On Customer Login – The admin can set the cache to save whenever the customer login by enabling the Customer Login
Ignored Route – The admin can add the routes of the pages. This route will not save the cache.
For example:- If the admin does not want to save cache for the order page, then the admin can set the route for the Order list(account/customerpartner/orderlist).
Under the cache panel tab, admin can enable the cache panel on the front end and configure its property. Here, admin can provide the option to the customers to clear the cache. Admin can set the panel position. Admin can set the color of the panel and font.
The cache panel is visible to the customers like this.
Cache Countdown – It is the countdown on the front end that shows the time after which the cache will clear automatically.
Clear Cache – Clear cache button is also present on the frontend using this the customer can clear the cache instantly.
After that admin can check cache system information and cache file information under the information tab. Here admin can click on ‘Cache System info’ to check Cache Driver Type, Total cache file size, Total number of cache files, Global Expire Second, and Expire DateTime.
Admin can click on the ‘cache file info’ to see the file path of the layout cache files.
Under clear cache tab, admin can clear the cache of the Opencart store for various options(Ocmod, Long File, Image, All Store).
Working Of Opencart Cache System
In our Live Demo home page, you can check the featured and latest product layout. The latest product layout contains 500 products and once it saves on the home page with more than 500 products, it will open lightning fast.
On the category page, you can check the category menu list, Category page, product, and banner layout. If you will visit the category Fashion->Dresses you will see that there are 3989 products in this category and the page shows 100 product in one pagination. Once it saves the cache the page loads lightning fast.
In the same way, the product page opens lightning fast once it saves the cache.
The information module and the pages of the information module uploads through caching. For e.g. you can open the contact us page.
That’s all for the Opencart Cache System module still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views at HelpDesk Support to make the module better.
Current Product Version - 184.108.40.206
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x