Odoo Website Product Stock, your partner in stock management!
Odoo Website Product Stock simplifies your stock tracking and management issues on the go. It’s beneficial for your business because sometimes when your customer tries to buy a certain product they come to know that the product is out of stock.
Through this module, you can reflect your stock unit to your customers. Along with that, you can specify which product is in stock and which one is out-of-stock.
Further, it helps keep track of your stock and you can also set the module to display a message when the product falls below a certain unit.
Let’s discuss some of the major features which Odoo Website Product Stock provides.
- Display product stock to visitors and customers.
- The owner can customize the message as well as the color of each type of product update (In stock, out of stock, or limited stock).
- Setting to allow/disallow customers from placing orders for out-of-stock products.
- Write a customized message for out-of-stock products or low-stock products.
- Choose the stock type to show on the website.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_stock’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_stock’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Firstly, configure the Odoo website Product stock on your website through the Website Addon option.
2. Now, click the Configuration and set the options as per your requirement.
- Through the Edit button, you can choose the default stock location and set it as per your convenience.
- You can select the stock type.
- Extra message for conditions like last in stock or limited stock.
- Custom message for in-stock product and out of stock message along with color option.
- Order accept/deny when product is out of stock.
3. You can also change the stock status message for a particular product through the Edit button for a particular product in the Product Variant section.
4. You can enable/disable product stock on the website through Show Stock Information present in the Customize option of the website.
5. Website view of how the Odoo Website Product stock will look to visitors of the site.
The number of remaining units is listed next to the price of the product. Also, in-stock and out-of-stock products both are listed in different colors.
6. For each type of product user will see different messages:
- In-stock product- Users will be able to buy them following the standard procedure.
- Out-of-stock- Users won’t be able to add these products to their cart as the button will be disabled.
- Limited Stock or Last in Stock- Users will be able to order these products till the unit lasts. Suppose if there is only 1 unit left in stock then the user won’t be able to add any more than that. Also, if they try to add 1 more unit then they will be shown a custom message that you wrote.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 22.214.171.124
Supported Framework Version - V14, V13, V12