Note: The User Guide describes the workflow of Odoo Marketplace Pre-Order only. To know how the base module: Odoo Multi-Vendor Marketplace, Odoo Website Product Stock, and Odoo Website Pre-Order work; kindly refer to the User Guide Of Odoo Multi-Vendor Marketplace, Odoo Website Product Stock, and Odoo Website Pre-Order.
It happens many times that a customer wants to buy a prodct that is out of stock. In that case, customer leaves the site without any purchase therefore, loosing the sale. To avoid that, ou can provide them the facility to pre-order a product that is out of stock. Odoo Marketpace Pre-Order lets your seller to set out of stock products for preorder. It deals with the pre-order of all the products that are out of stock.
Now, let your customers order products before availability!!
With the help of this module, you can allow your customers to pre-order the products that are out of stock and after restocking, you will be able to deliver the products. Manufacturers can gauge how much demand there will be, and sellers can be assured of minimum sales. Additionally, high pre-order rates can be used to increase sales. This basically helps you to retain your customers and maintain your sales and profits even when you are running out of products.
- The Odoo Marketpace Pre-Order Module allows your sellers to increase their sale by pre-ordering their products.
- A seller can set out of stock products for preorder from the backend.
- The sellers can set either full amount or percentage of the amount to be paid for preorder.
- A seller can set minimum and maximum quantity that can be preordered by a customer.
- You can create multiple configuration settings from the backend, but only one will be active at a time.
- The module lets you and your sellers set custom messages, Pre-Order conditional messages, warning messages accordingly at the time of creating configuration setting.
- You can even set the minimum and maximum quantity of the products for the pre-order.
- The module lets you set Payment Type and percentage of amount in case of Partial Pre-Order product.
- You can send the mail manually to notify the customer for the availability of the Pre-ordered Product.
- You can even customize the products for which you want enable the pre-order option accordingly
- Non-registered customers can Pre-Order but they need to pay full amount at time of placing an order.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘marketplace_preorder’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘marketplace_preorder’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Once the installation is finished, visit the Odoo website app from the backend. Here click on the Webkul Website addon tab.
- After that, you will see the website pre order option, Beside that, click on the Configuration button.
- Here, a new window will open and you will be able to see a pre-setting done for the website pre-order. You can customize it or you can even create a totally new configuration setting. But, remember, only one will be active at a time.
- Since you have the authority to approve and edit the seller’s product, therefore, you can change the pre-order settings for a seller’s product by following the path Products>>Approved Products.
- You can also override the default pre-order configuration of the seller’s approved product.
- When the complete payment option is selected the complete amount of the pre-ordering product is to be paid.
- Since there are two payment options available in this module, percentage payment and complete payment.
- In percentage payment, you, as well as the seller, can set the percentage amount to be paid when the customer will Pre-order the product.
- When creating a new product Available for Pre-order icon is to be checked to make that particular product available for Pre-ordering.
- Also, Pre-order Tab will be introduced at the Seller’s end from where pre-order settings can be edited. From the pre-order tab, the Seller can set a pre-order date which will determine when the product will be available for pre-order.
- To override the default pre-order setting seller needs to check the Override Default Pre-order Configuration field after which you will be able to set pre-order payment type and pre-order maximum quantity is that quantity up to which the customer can order, exceeding this quantity a warning message will be displayed
- In percentage payment, the seller can set the percentage amount to be paid when the customer will Pre-order the product.
- If the product is set for pre-order by the seller or you, the message will be displayed under the product in the grid view of the shop despite being out of stock.
- Like this, you will be able to provide seller’s products for pre-order to your customers.
OTHER RELATED MODULES FOR ODOO
- Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager
- Marketplace Advance Commission
- Odoo Marketplace Custom Product Tabs
- Odoo Marketplace Seller Slider
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0