Libraries play a crucial role in the education sector. It is regarded as the central system of any educational institution, whether it is small or large, colleges or universities. A transparent web-based library management system offers students, librarians, and faculty members full accuracy. There are few problems caused by library mismanagement, it creates difficulty in searching book titles, borrowing books from the library. Mismanagement creates difficulties in computing penalties and creating an accurate report.
Library Management System in Odoo is a systematic management that concentrates on particular problems encountered by librarians and experts in library management. A Library Management System in Odoo allows you to integrate and control your library resources digitally. Library Management System in Odoo includes standard administrative activities, and also responsible for academic freedom and outreach.
Library Management System in Odoo Provides you with an organized book management system, manages library members, issues books, and receives them. An appropriate computerized book management system will make any library more functional.
Automating your daily process would make you more productive and more successful. We have therefore launched a module Odoo Library Management System which eliminates the manual process involved and simplifies the way books are published, saving time and efforts.
- The library management framework offers an easy way to use the interface. Easy, transparent search users for all user interfaces.
- Library Management Program offers an improved check for books from a customer viewpoint, handles library members, issues books and receives them. A quick way to log in and out.
- Also, include the features of measuring the penalty and maintaining the account information.
- Library Management system is an improved program designed to handle books, Authors, Publishers, Issuing and receiving books.
- Full system for handling library stock listings, distributions, and transactions. Checking who has what things, and when they are due.
1.) Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘wk_library_management’.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘wk_library_management’.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Odoo Company ? Read More
Create a new Book Entry:
1) Firstly login to the Odoo database to go to the ‘Library Management’ module.
2) In the Library Management module go to ‘Books’. You can create new books and edit books that are already created. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create new books.
3) Add the ‘Book name’, ‘Book image’, ‘Book category’, and other details while creating the book. Click on the ‘Save’ button to save the book.
Assign Book Stock:
4) Once you have created the book you need to add the stock available for the book. To update stock for the new book go to Stock>> Book Stock.
5) Click on the ‘Create’ button to create stock for the book.
6) Add the ‘Book name’, ‘Type’, and ‘Quantity’ to create the stock for the book.
7) Click on the ‘Save’ button to save the book stock.
8) After saving the book stock click on the ‘Confirm’ button to confirm the book stock.
9) After confirming the book stock, click on the ‘Approve’ button to approve the book stock.
10) Once the book stock is approved, click on the ‘Done’ button to add the book in stock.
11) As soon as you add book stock you will be able to see the book stock when you open the book.
Issue Book in Stock:
12) Once the stock is visible in the inventory section of books the books can be issued. Click on the ‘Issue’ button to issue the book in stock.
13) You will get a pop-up once you click on the ‘Issue’ button. This says that your request to issue the book in stock has been sent to the librarian.
Request to add new Book:
14) In the ‘Book Request’ tab, the librarian will be able to see all the requests for new books, and the librarian can accept or reject the book request.
The librarian can check the requested books from the books and add the book if the book is not in stock. Once the book is added in stock a mail will be sent to the user regarding adding the book in stock.
The librarian can accept the request to add the book by clicking on the button ‘Done’ whereas to reject the request to add the book click on the button ‘Reject’.
Available Book Stock:
15) You can check the available books in the stock in ‘Book copy’.
16) The status of the book will be visible in the ‘Register’ tab.
17) You can create a ‘Return policy’ by clicking on Configuration>> Library Configuration.
18) Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new Configuration for Return Policy.
Create New Category:
19) To create a new Category go to Configuration >> Category. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new category.
20) Click on the ‘Save’ button to save the new category.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V8, V10, V11, V12, V13