Reduce queues, double bookings, mismanagement, staff overload and overpacked office space with Odoo Booking & Reservation Management module.
The Odoo admin can now create a product type as ‘Booking Product’ in the Odoo backend for any product or service that may require advance bookings from the customers. Say a movie, dentist appointment, etc.
The customers can click on the product to book if they wish to book a slot. They can select the day, time slot and plans (if any) to place the request to book a slot. Once the order is confirmed by the admin from the backend, the slot gets reserved.
Odoo Booking and reservation Management module also saves the precious time of your customers by allowing them to book the appointment at their convenience directly from the website. For the admin, it eliminates the need to mark appointments manually, thus resulting in better resource management.
- The module allows the customers to book appointments and reservations using Odoo website.
- The Odoo admin can now create products- ‘Available For booking’ which allow the customers to book reservations and appointments with the business from the Odoo website. These products appear as a time-based service product.
- The Odoo admin to include a start and end date for the booking while creating the product.
- Time slots can be added as per the availability for the customers to book their slots.
- Moreover, the maximum limit for the number of bookings/reservations from one account can be set in the Odoo backend.
- These booking type products are displayed on the Odoo website.
- The customers can choose the available date, time slots and the number of bookings as per his choice and place the order to confirm his booking/reservation.
- Once the order is processed from the Odoo backend the booking is confirmed for the customer.
- The module is AJAX powered so the page changes dynamically as the changes occur This means that it is possible to update parts of a web page, without reloading the whole page. The customers can see real-time availability for the slots making the process highly flexible and user-friendly.
1.) Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_booking_system’.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_booking_system’.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1.) A new title appears at the top of the Odoo App page. ‘Booking & Reservation’. Click on it.
Configuring various elements
2.) Under configuration, click on plans to create various plans for your bookings say the premium plan, supersaver silver, platinum plan, etc. Click on create.
3.) Enter the name of the plan and write the description or details about it. Hit Save. You can create as many plans as you want as per the requirement.
4.) Now, to create available time slots, click on time-slots menu below plans. Here, enter the start and end times for a time slots. Slots can be used to manage appointments, movie timings. Etc. Click Save.
Creating A Booking Product In The backend
5.) Now, click on Products >> Create
6.) Fill in the name of the product- say concert name, movie name, etc and other Details.
7.) Here, you can see a new product type- ‘Available For Booking’. Tick this option to allow the customer to book an appointment for this product or service on the Odoo website.
8.) One selected, a new field would appear on the product form- ‘Booking&reservation’. Click on it.
9.) Now, select the start and end dates for your booking product. These may mark the duration of any event.
10.) You can also limit the number of bookings per order. Enter the number next to the filed- Max Booking Quantity’.
11.) Then, click on ‘Add An Item’ tab under Configure Day Slots.
12.) Here, choose the day as per your dates. After that, select the status for booking as open or closed.
13.) Next, you would need to assign the time slots and plans available during the day. Click on Add an Item under Booking Slots.
14.) Now, select the ‘Time Slot’ and plan. Enter the total number of bookings available for this time slot and the price per booking. Click Save.
15.) Click save to create a booking product.
On The Website
16.) Go to the Odoo website. Click on Shop.
17.) Find and open the booking product and click on the ‘Book Now’ tab.
18.) On the pop that appears, select the available date and time slot.
19.) Then choose the plan and enter the number of slots you wish to book.
20.) Click on BOOK NOW.
21.) Proceed with the checkout and place the order.
22.) The booking orders show up in the Odoo backend. Click on orders under Booking&reservation to view the placed order.
23.) Once the admin confirms an order, the booking slots are confirmed for that customer.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V11