Amazon S3 or ‘simple storage service’ is the cloud storage service provided by AWS. It is a one-stop storage solution for your organization which offers high durability, scalability and reduced latency.
The users can store any type of data in form of objects organized in buckets. The bucket is like a storage folder where the user stores its files i.e. objects.
The data can be then accessed by the appropriate user anytime and from anywhere around the world. Amazon S3 storage is the solution to overcome shortcomings like Storage limitation, database corruption and latency issues due to load on your server.
BENEFITS OF USING AMAZON S3 STORAGE SERVICES
The benefits of using Amazon S3 Storage with Odoo are multifold. Such as:
Amazon S3 offers high scalability on demand so you can scale up and down as per your requirements.
2.) Cost Effective
The cost to handle a private server is eliminated by using Amazon S3. The service is offered on the basis of the Pay-for-what-you-use model which allows you to scale up and down as per your data needs.
The AWS offers 99.9% of Up-time in a month.
4.) Data Access
Amazon s3 storage acts as portable storage for your organization. The data can be accessed from anywhere around the world.
5.) Data backup and Recovery
Amazon S3 automatically making copies of your object on multiple devices across multiple facilities so you don’t have to worry about data loss.
- You can configure your Odoo App to access Amazon S3 cloud storage.
- The module facilitates uploading the Odoo attachments to S3 Cloud.
- Once, configured the data is synced in real time from Odoo to Amazon S3
- The attachments will be uploaded to S3 Cloud.
- TIt will reduce the attachment load on your server.
- The module restores your attachments when your Database is crashed.
- The attachments are saved in S3 Cloud even when they are deleted from Odoo.
- It reduces the load of file store in Odoo.
- The admin can set the access rights for the Amazon bucket/object.
- Only the appropriate user will be able to access and modify data on the cloud.
- Amazon S3 can be used as external storage for any number of databases.
- It overcomes the shortcomings like Storage limitation, database corruption and latency issues due to load on your server.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘amazon_s3_storage’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘amazon_s3_storage’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Prerequisites For Using The Module Odoo Amazon S3 Cloud Storage
Here is the list of things you would need to configure the Odoo with Amazon S3 storage:-
1.) An AWS account.
2.) Subscription to Amazon S3 storage service.
3.) You would also need to create a bucket in the S3 storage to store the Odoo data. Click here to see how to create a bucket.
1) Login to your Odoo Instance and go to the Settings.
2) Click on Configuration Button under Amazon S3 Cloud Configuration
3) From here, you can set the Default Amazon S3 Configuration, you need to add Secret Key, Access Key Id, Bucket Name, and Bucket Location. Moreover, you can also activate or inactive the the configuration.
4) Now, you need to Activate the developer mode. Then, go to settings >>> Technical >> System Parameters. Here, click on Create button.
5) Here, you can add the string as key >> ir_attachment.location
Other Odoo Cloud Storage Module User Guides
Hope you find the guide of Odoo Amazon S3 Cloud Storage module helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - ODOO V10, V11, V12