Using Magento 2 Marketplace Blog Manager module, the admin can enable the marketplace sellers to add blogs and share their views or opinions about the various topics that are relevant to the store. The post can be related to the product reviews, shopping tips, shopping experiences, etc.
The module provides a functionality where marketplace sellers can publish a blog post on the store which will be visible to the customers. The customers can share their views and opinions on the seller blog using the comments section.
The admin can manage the blog posts and blog comments from the back-end panel.
Note: This module is an add-on of Magento 2 Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have installed Webkul Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Marketplace first.
- The admin can enable or disable the module whenever required.
- The admin can set the limit of words to be displayed on a particular blog on List view page of blogs.
- The seller can add any number of blog categories.
- The seller can add an unlimited number of blogs for their products.
- The sellers can view customer comments added to their blog.
- Even the sellers can add comments to their blog.
- Proper blog management like add/edit/delete from seller’s account.
- A separate page to view the particular seller blogs.
- The logged in customers can add comments to the seller blogs.
- The guest users can view the blog and can add comments as well.
- The admin can fully manage the blogs and its comments by approving/un-approving or by deleting them.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration For Multi-lingual Support
If a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/MpBlog/i18n in their unzipped Magento2 Blog folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”. Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/MpBlog/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on the server. The module will get translated into the German Language. It supports both RTL and LTR languages.
After the module installation, the admin will configure the module settings. For this, the admin will navigate to Stores -> Configuration -> Webkul -> Marketplace Blog as per the below image.
Here, the admin will-
- Enable Blog Manager: enable the module by selecting “yes” else select “no” to disable the module.
- Set Display Character Limit: define the character limit of the blog content as per which the blog content will be displayed on the blog list page.
- Comments Approval Required: enable or disable the comments approval requirement.
- Blogs Approval Required: enable or disable the blog approval requirement.
Manage Blog Email Settings
- New Blog Approval template: set email template for the mail notification to the admin whenever the new blog is created by the seller.
- Blog Notification Template: set email template for the mail notification to the seller whenever the admin approves the seller blog.
- Comment Notification Template: set email template for the mail notification to the seller whenever the customer adds a new comment on the seller blog.
- Comment Approval Request template: set email template for the mail notification to the admin whenever the customer adds a new comment on the seller blog.
- Comment Approval Template: set email template for the mail notification to the user whenever the admin approves the customer comments.
NOTE: Create the mail templates by navigating to the Marketing -> Email Templates.
Once the admin has enabled the module from the backend, the seller will be able to see a menu option “Manage Blog” along with the other sub-menu options as per the below image-
- Add New
- Add Category
- View Post
Clicking on “Add Category” option will navigate the seller to the category list page as per the below image.
Here, the admin can:
- View the list of categories created under the section “Blog Category List”.
- Edit the categories by clicking the edit icon.
- Delete the categories by clicking the delete icon.
- Add new categories under the section “Category Details”. Enter the category name and set the status to enable followed by hitting save button.
Clicking on “Add New” option will navigate the seller to the Add New Post page as per the below image.
Here, the admin will:
- Category: select the category for the blog.
- Title: enter the blog title.
- Meta Keywords: enter the meta keywords of the blog.
- Meta Description: enter the meta description of the blog.
- Content: type the blog content and even add images to the blog.
- Tag: enter blog tags.
And proceed further hitting the Save button. This will navigate the seller to the blog list page and gets the success message as per the below image.
Clicking on “View Post” option will navigate the seller to the View All Posts page as per the below image.
Here, the seller can view the complete list of the blogs. To view the complete blog, the seller will click on the blog Title.
On the home page, the customer can view all seller’s blogs by clicking on ” View Blog” under header and footer section as shown below image –
On the product page, the customers can view the “View Blog” link as per the below image.
Note: “View Blog” link will only be visible if the admin has set the “Display Seller Profile” field to Yes in the backend.
Clicking on this link will navigate the customers to blog list page of that seller.
Here, the customers can view the complete list of the posts of that seller and will click on the blog title to view the complete blog.
Here, the users can view the complete blog details and can even add their comments on the blog post.
Upon the successful post of the comment, the customer can view their comments.
Comments – Seller End
Manage Blog – Admin End
To manage the blogs, the admin will have “Manage Blog” menu option as per the below image.
Clicking on “Manage Blog” option will navigate the admin to the Blog List page as per the below image.
Here, the admin can
- View the complete list of the seller blogs.
- Review the content of the blogs.
- Approve or disapprove the seller blog from the Action drop-down list.
- Delete the seller blogs from the Action drop-down list.
- View the blog comments by clicking on the View Comments link.
Clicking on View Comments link will navigate the admin comment list page as per the below image.
Here, the admin can:
- View the complete list of the customer comments for a particular blog.
- Approve or disapprove the customer comments from the Action drop-down list.
- Delete the customer comments from the Action drop-down list.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Marketplace Blog Manager module. Still have any issue, feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views at https://webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 2.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x