Magento 2 Reward Points module allows the admin to reward their customers with points. The admin can allocate reward points to the customers based on their purchases (product wise/category wise/cart amount wise) or activities (registration/product reviews) they perform in the web store. The customers can redeem their points at the checkout.
- The module can be enabled or disabled by the admin.
- Reward points for customer activities managed by the admin.
- Shopping cart rules add/manage by the admin.
- Admin can add/manage reward points for all or certain products/categories.
- The Admin can credit/debit reward points to a customer.
- The admin can export the reports in Csv & XML.
- The admin can create a reward for the attribute as well.
- The admin can create a reward for the time interval as well for product and category.
- Reward points for the customers for their purchases, posting a new product review and registering on their web store.
- Admin can track the reward points transaction history of all the customers.
- Customers can redeem their points at the checkout page for their new orders.
- Customers can track their reward points via their accounts and email notifications.
- Admin can set reward points for customers on their birthday.
- Notify customers on point of expiration in advance.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
For module translation, navigate to the following path in your system app/code/Webkul/RewardSystem/i18n/en_US.csv.
Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in the below screenshot.
Then replace the words after the comma(,) on the right in the file with your translated words.
After editing and translating the CSV file, you need to save the translated file name according to your region language and country code such as – de_DE.CSV. Followed by uploading the translated file to the same folder from where you have obtained it. Now your module translation is complete.
After the successful installation, the admin can configure the module by navigating to Stores>Configuration>Webkul>Reward system.
Here the admin can:
- Enable Reward System Module: Enable/disable the “Magento 2 Reward System” module by selecting either “Yes” or “No”.
- 1 Reward Point Value is Equals to: Set the value of one reward point in terms of money for the customer.
- Maximum Reward Points can Assign to a Customer: Set the maximum limit for allocating the reward points to the customer.
- Maximum Reward points can use by a Customer: Set the reward points limit for the customers which they can use at a time.
- Allow Reward Points on Registration: Enable/disable the reward points allocation to the customer while registering.
- Reward Points on Registration: Set the reward points allocated to a customer for registering themselves.
- Allow Reward Points on Product Review: Enable/disable the reward points allocation to the customer for submitting the product reviews.
- Reward Points on Product Review: Set the reward points allocated to a customer for submitting the product reviews.
- Order Placed Reward Points Applied When: set the order event at which the reward point for the order will be applied.
- Order Placed Reward Points Calculation Based on: Set the Cart/Product/Category as the basis for the reward points calculation for the order placed from the drop-down list.
- Enter Attribute Code: Set the rewards points according to the attribute code.
- Manage Email Settings: Default email template for transaction purpose.
- Allow Reward Points on Customer Birthday: Customer can get reward points on their birthday.
- Configure Reward Point on Birthday day(s): Reward Points credit to the customer after/before days of the customer birthday if you want to credit reward before the birthday then write days (-) sign for eg: -3 or if you want to credit reward after birthday then only write number of days for eg: 3 or if you want to credit on the day of birthday then write zero (0).
- Reward Points on Birthday: Set the reward points for the customer birthday.
- Reward Points expire after days: Set the reward points expiration day after the birthday.
- Send notification before points expiring (in days): Set the notification days before expiring reward points.
NOTE: “Rewards Applied Product’s quantity Wise” option becomes visible when “Order Placed Reward Points Calculation Based on” option set to “Product Based”.
If “Rewards Applied Product’s quantity Wise” option set to “Yes” then reward will apply the product’s quantity wise else not if selected “No”.
Registration Reward Points
This module allows the customers to easily avail the registration reward points if “Allow Reward Points on Registration” set to “Yes” from the backend by the admin. For this, the customers first need to get themselves registered on the store site if they are the guest users.
The customers can view their allocated reward points for registration by clicking on the “Reward Points” once they are logged in to their accounts as per the image.
The customers will be notified for their registration reward points on their registered email id which they would have provided while registering themselves.
NOTE: The already registered users will get the following display page when clicking on the “Reward Points” once they are logged in to their accounts.
The customers can view their birthday reward points by clicking on the “Reward Points” once they are logged in to their accounts as per the image.
The customers will be notified for their reward points on their email id.
NOTE: The users will get the following display page when clicking on the “Reward Points” once they are logged in to their accounts. “Reward Points” credit to the customer after/before days of the customer birthday.
The customer can get notification regarding the expiration of reward points.
NOTE: The user can see their reward points expiration day after the birthday or even they will notified as well.
How can Customers use their Reward Points?
This module enables customers to earn Reward Points by:
- Registration on the web store site.
- Submitting/posting product reviews( approved by admin required)
- Specific product purchase.
- Customer’s total purchase.
- Specific product category purchase.
Customers can easily use their allocated Reward Points while placing an order. For this, the customers will navigate to the checkout page as per the image.
Here, customers can use their reward points if they want to. Under the “Reward Points” section the customers will enter the rewards points they want to use while placing an order.
Before applying their reward points, the customers can check the amount equivalent to their entered reward points value as per the image.
Then, the particular amount equivalent to the entered reward points will get deducted from the customer’s cart total amount.
However, the entered reward points value should be less than or equal to reward point limit set by the admin for the option “Maximum Reward points can use by a Customer” else will get an error message.
- For every debit and credit of Reward Points, the customers will get an email notification on their registered email id.
- Customers can check their reward points by clicking on the “Reward Points” through their accounts.
Product Based Reward Points Calculation
The admin can set the product based reward points calculation if “Order Placed Reward Points Calculation Based on” option set to “Product-based” while configuring the module by the admin.
For this, the admin will navigate to Reward System>Manage Reward Points on Product as per the below image.
To manage the reward points based on Product, the admin will follow:
- Select one or more than one product for which the admin wants to update the reward points.
- Enter Points: Enter the reward points.
- Reward Point Status: Enable/Disable the reward points for the selected product.
- Proceed by clicking on the “Update Points” button.
The customers can get the reward points on the basis of the product they carry in their cart while checkout.
If the admin has set “Rewards Applied Product’s quantity Wise” option to “Yes” then reward will be applied product’s quantity wise. For example, if the customer has purchased 2 quantity of P1 product and the reward point per quantity for product P1 set to 25 reward points by the admin. Then, the customer will get 2 x 25=50 reward points.