Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is a cloud computing web service offered by Amazon through AWS(Amazon Web Service).
Moreover, Amazon S3 works on the basic principle of CDS(Content Delivery Network) which stores multiple copies of data on different servers. Also, it is a highly scalable, reliable, fast, inexpensive data storage infrastructure that Amazon offers.
It measures which server is closest to the requesting client and accordingly delivers data from that particular server.
Moreover, Magento 2 Marketplace Amazon S3 is a useful module for the downloadable products of your Marketplace store. The module enables the seller to upload files of downloadable products from their local disk to the Amazon server.
Forthwith, after uploading the files, the seller receives a link from Amazon S3 through which the customers can download the file from the Amazon server. And, through this, the customer can access the file much quicker without any traffic or lag.
- To use this module you must need to have Multi-Vendor Marketplace installed first.
- The module is supported by the marketplace versions 2.1.0 and above.
- To use the Magento 2 Marketplace Amazon S3 service, the user needs to have an Amazon AWS account. Users can register themselves here.
- The users can click here to understand how to get started with Amazon S3.
Multi-Seller Amazon S3 Features
- Working with Magento 2 Marketplace downloadable products.
- Even, flexible settings to configure the module settings.
- The seller can store and download the files from Amazon Server.
- Also, check the bucket availability in just a click.
- Customers can download the files from Amazon Server irrespective of time and place.
- Admin can allow access to Seller for uploading the product.
- Fully open-source and easy to use.
Installation of Multi-Seller Amazon S3
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command –
composer require aws/aws-sdk-php
Second command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Fourth Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
And, after running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
So, for Multilingual support, please navigate to Store>Configuration>General >Locale Options. And select your desired language from the Locale option.
For module translation, navigate to the following path in your system app/code/Webkul/MpS3amazon/i18n.
Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in the below screenshot.
Then replace the words after the comma(,) on the right in the file with your translated words.
Now, after editing and translating the CSV file, you need to save the translated file name according to your region language and country code such as – de_DE.CSV. Followed by uploading the translated file to the same folder from where you have obtained it.
Now your module translation is complete.
Multi-Seller Amazon S3 Configuration
After the module installation, the admin will configure the module settings by navigating to the Stores->Configuration->Amazon s3 as per the below image:
Here, the admin will:
- Allowed files to save on Amazon – To save the file on Amazon server, the user needs to click on YES else set it as NO.
- Access Key ID – After that enter, the Amazon server access key which you will get after the account is created on Amazon S3.
- Secret Key – Then, enter the Amazon server Secret key that will be provided by Amazon S3.
- Bucket Name – Now, enter the same Amazon bucket name from which you have created the Amazon account.
- Region – Then, enter the region of the bucket where you want the bucket to reside. The region name should be as you have mentioned the region while creating the bucket in the Amazon S3 account.
- Check Bucket Availability – Now, click the “check” button to check the bucket availability. If it would be available and exists in the Amazon S3, it shows the message “Available.
Else, will show the error message as per the below image:
Lastly, Click the Save button to save the module configuration successfully.
Add Downloadable Product(admin end)
After the module configuration is completed, the admin can now add a Downloadable Product. For the creation of a new Downloadable product, the admin needs to go to Products -> Catalog -> Add Product as per the below image.
Now, select the Downloadable Product from the Add Product drop-down list.
So, here, the admin needs to fill in all the required details of the downloadable product and upload the downloadable file and click on the Save button.
After save the downloadable product, the file gets saved on the Amazon Server and the amazon S3 link gets generated.
Note: The admin will get the Amazon S3 link only after saving the downloadable product successfully.
Add Downloadable Product(seller end)
Now, in order to Add a Downloadable product, the seller will navigate to Marketplace Dashboard->New Products->Product Type as shown in the image below:
Select the Downloadable Product Type from the dropdown list and click Continue. This will navigate the seller to the “New Product page” as per the below image:
Now, here, the seller will fill in all the required details of the downloadable product and upload the downloadable file and hit the Save button. After the product is saved, the Amazon S3 link will be generated. Note: The seller will get the Amazon S3 link only after saving the downloadable product successfully.
The customer will download the downloadable product from the Amazon Server just like any other downloadable product from the local Server.
Note: The customer can download the downloadable product after the seller has created the order invoice.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Marketplace Amazon S3 Add-on module.
Still, if u have any issue feel free to raise the issue and add a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x