The Magento 2 Marketplace Seller Categories can help the seller to create the category from seller panel. The default Magento 2 will not allow the seller to manage the categories.
This module will allow the seller to create categories for the collection page. These categories are created by admin or seller. Thus, giving them efficient category management.
This module is helpful for the seller to introduce the seller category as per the products. Thus, this will help in the inclusion of the categories apart from that of the Magento default catalog.
Features of Magento 2 Marketplace Seller Categories
- The seller can create and manage the categories from seller panel.
- Admin can configure the module for the seller by allowing them to manage the categories.
- The customer can filter the products as per seller categories in seller collection page.
- Admin can create seller categories on behalf of the seller.
- Introduction of independent categories from that of Magento default catalog.
Note- This module is an add-on of the Magento 2 Marketplace module. To use this module, you must have installed first Magento2 Marketplace.
Step 1: Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system.
Step 2: The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run the command on Magento2 root directory-“php bin/magento setup:upgrade”
Now, run this command in the Magento 2 Root -“php bin/magento setup:di:compile” as shown below in the snapshot.
Also, run this command into the Magento2 Root- “php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy” You can refer the below screenshot.
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration for Multi-lingual Support
If a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/MpSellerCategory/i18n in their unzipped Magento Marketplace folder and will get a csv file with name “en_US.csv”.
Now they will rename that csv as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/MpSellerCategory/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on the server.
Now, the module gets translated in the German Language. It supports both the LTR and RTL languages.
The user can edit the CSV like the image below.
The admin can configure the module to allow the seller to set the categories by navigating through Store>Configuration>Marketplace seller category.
The admin can enter the details in following fields-
- Allow Seller Categories– The admin needs to set it, ‘yes’. So as to allow the seller categories to appear in the navigation panel on the collection page.
- Allow Seller to Manage Category– The admin will allow the seller to manage the categories. For this, the admin needs to set this field as ‘Yes’.
- Display Name For Filter in Layered Navigation– The name of the filter as visible in the layered navigation.
Admin Category Creation
The admin can create a category on behalf of the seller. For this, the admin can follow the navigation as- Marketplace Management>Seller Categories.
The admin can click on ‘New Category‘ to create a new seller category. So, for this, the admin here can enter the details like-
- Name- The name of the seller category which will be visible on layered navigation.
- Position- The sort order of the category as it appears on the collection page.
- Status- The admin can enable the category to make the category visible.
- Seller- The admin can associate the category with the seller from here.
The seller can even edit/add the categories from the seller panel. For this, the seller needs to navigate through My Account>Manage Categories.
Thus, from here, the seller can either edit/add categories. This will give the seller the power to manage the categories in a better way.
Thus, the seller can enter the following details-
- Name- The seller can enter the category name.
- Position- The sort order of the category as it will appear in layered navigation of the collection page.
- Status- The admin can set the category as enable to make it visible in the collection page.
- Product in the Category- In this section seller can mention those products which are part of the category in bulk.
Here, the seller can even go to the Product edit option in My Product List. Then assign the Seller Category to each product.
So, after entering all the details the seller will save the category. This will make it appear on the collection page as below-
Admin Configuration- ‘Allow Seller to Manage Category’ Is ‘No’
Till now, we were discussing- ‘Allow Seller To Manage Category’ is ‘Yes’. However, the admin will set the field as ‘No’.
This will disable the functionality of management of the categories by the seller. Thus, the seller can only view the categories created by admin for the seller and assign it to a product.
The seller can assign the category to a product by editing a product in My Product List.
Thus, here, the seller can select the desired categories to be associated with the product.
Note– This functionality will avoid bulk product assignment to the category by the seller.
So, that’s all for Marketplace Seller Category for Magento 2 still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views at HelpDesk System to make this module better.
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x