Magento 2 Marketplace Custom Attribute module allows the admin to create a custom attribute from the admin panel and can select them to display/hide on the front end.
The vendors can use those attributes during product upload and those attributes are displayed on the seller’s product page.
- This module is an add-on to the Webkul’s Multi Vendor Marketplace Module.
- To use this module, you must have installed first Webkul’s Multi Vendor Marketplace.
- Fully dynamic custom attribute creation.
- It support input types i.e Text field, Text area, Date, Yes/No, Multiple select, Dropdown , Price, Media Image, Visual Swatch, Text Swatch as of now it does not support Fixed Product Tax.
- The admin will create the attribute and can select them to display/hide on the front end.
- The vendor can choose those attributes during the product upload.
- Attributes may be required or optional as the Magento admin attributes.
- The codes are open source so it can be customized as per your requirement.
- It supports the multi-store view.
- The custom attribute can be used in Layered Navigation for filtering products based on the custom attribute.
- The custom attribute can be used as a searchable option for customers at the front end.
- With the help of custom attributes, customers can compare products at the front end.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
If you have downloaded the module from Magento Connect then unzip the respective extension zip and create Webkul(vendor) then Custom attribute(module) name folder inside your magento root directory as app/code/Webkul/Customattribute and then move all module’s files inside /app/code/Webkul/Customattribute/ folder in magento root directory.
After the upload, you can see the folders in your Magento2 Root Directory.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration – Multi-lingual Support
If a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/Customattribute/i18n in their unzipped Magento2 Customattribute folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”.
Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/Customattribute/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on the server. The module will get translated into the German Language.
It supports both RTL and LTR languages.
Admin Management –
If the attribute does not exist then it can be created as follows –
Here the admin can set-
- Default Label: Enter name for new product attributes.
- Catalog Input Type for Store Owner: Choose Input type for storeowner.
- Value required: Choose Yes or no option. If the admin Select Yes option then the value required is compulsory.
- Then click the “Save Attribute” button as shown in the screenshot below.
In the Catalog Input Type for Store owner field, select the type in input control to be used for data entry as shown in the screenshot given below.
It support input types i.e Text field, Text area, Date, Yes/No, Multiple select, Dropdown , Price, Media Image, Visual Swatch, Text Swatch as of now it does not support Fixed Product Tax.
The admin can Manage Labels for the custom attribute.
Enter a title to be used as a label for the field. If your store is available in different languages, you can enter a translated title for each view.
Here, The admin can
- Use in Search: Select “Yes” if you want customers to search the product based on the value of the attribute. Options include: Yes or No
The following attributes appear when Search is enabled:
Search Weight: To weight the search results, set search weight to a number from 1 to 10.
Visible in Advanced Search: Gives shoppers the ability to enter search criteria through a form. Options include: Yes or No
NOTE: Using too many attributes can slow down the search.
- Comparable on Storefront: Select “Yes” option to include the attribute in Product Compare.
- Use in Layered Navigation: Select “Yes” option if you want to use the attribute as a filter in layered navigation.
- Use in Search Results Layered Navigation: Select “Yes” option if you want to use the attribute in layered navigation on search results pages.
- Position: Set position of attribute in the layered navigation block.
- Use for Promo Rule Conditions: Set to “Yes” to use the attribute in price rules.
- Allow HTML Tags on Storefront: Set to “Yes” to allow the text to be formatted with HTML.
- Visible on Catalog Pages on Storefront: Set to “Yes” to include the attribute in catalog page listings.
- Used in Product Listing: Set to “Yes” to include the attribute in product listings.
- Used for Sorting in Product Listing: Set to “Yes” to use the attribute as a sort parameter for product listings.
Now, to assign this attribute to an attribute set navigate to Stores->Attributes-> Attribute Sets. Here, drag the attribute into the attribute set you selected and then click the save button.
Note: “Media Image” type attribute doesn’t work for this module.
After the successful installation of the Magento 2 Marketplace Custom Attribute module, the admin will see the menu under Marketplace Management > Manage Custom Attribute.
Now, after the admin has created the attributes from the admin backend panel and assigned those attributes to the selected attribute set, the added attributes will be visible on the Manage Custom Attribute page.
When the admin will click on “Manage Custom Attribute“, then a new page appears. Here, the admin can select the custom attributes which they want to provide to the sellers while the seller is adding new products.
Seller Management –
The sellers can now navigate under their account panel to the New products/ Edit Product page. Here, on the product creation page, the seller can see the custom attributes which are enabled by the admin. An example of the product creation page is shown below.
Now, the customer can see the custom attributes on the product page as per the image below.
Customers can use custom attribute for searching the products.
For eg- Customers use “black” custom attribute option for searching all black color items as shown in the screenshot given below.
Customer can use custom attribute option to search product in layered navigation as shown in the screenshot given below.
Comparable at frontend
With the help of custom attribute option we can compare products as shown in the screenshot given below:
Multi Store Support
It supports multi-store view.
Here the customer can see the attribute option name can be written in desired language.
Note- The codes are open source so it can be customized as per your requirement.
That’s all for Magento 2 Marketplace Custom Attribute still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com/
Current Product Version - 2.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x