This extension allows the admin to provide Canada Post shipping method for shipping products. This extension gets the shipping rates from the Canada Post’s API and now we have integrated it with the Magento2 Marketplace.
Magento 2 Marketplace Canada Post Shipping extension is an add-on of Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have installed first Magento 2 Marketplace module.
- The estimated delivery time shows for Canada, US, and some other International addresses.
- The shipping rates are based according to the delivery details and product weight.
- If the weight of the product is zero, this shipping method will not work.
- An active Business Purpose Canada Post account is required for getting the API credentials.
- Rates are calculated using 3 decimals. Examples: for 450 g, enter .45; for 175 g, enter .175; for 10.5 kg, enter 10.5
- Maximum weight for a parcel is 30 kg (66 lb.)
- Ability to enable/disable Canada Post Shipping method.
- The seller can print Canada Post Shipping label.
- Allowed multiple selections of Canada Post shipping method from admin.
- Set Shippers Details like name, phone number etc.
- Set Ship to applicable countries.
- Create a tracking Id for each order by the seller when an order is in processing state.
- The seller can add Invoice & Packing slip address, VAT, TAX information.
- Provide print for invoice of order at seller’s account.
- Ability to download Invoice and Shipping Slip easily.
- Provide accurate Canada Post shipping rates to customers for shipping.
- Allowed multiple selections of Canada Post shipping method that will be shown on the checkout page.
- This module can be used to ship the products from Canada to Canada, Canada to U.S.A, and Canada to other countries.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system.
The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento 2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
Second Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Configuration For Multi-lingual Support
If the user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/MpCanadapostShipping/i18n in their unzipped Magento Marketplace folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”. Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/MpCanadapostShipping/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on the server. The module will get translated in the German Language. It supports both the LTR and RTL languages.
The user can edit the CSV like the image below.
How To Get Canada Post Credentials
Before doing the module configuration, the admin needs to have the Canada Post credentials. The admin needs API Key, API Password, Customer Number, and Contract/Agreement Number (if any).
Please Note: – You need Business Purpose Canada Post account to get these credentials.
First, click here to visit the Canada Post homepage. The following page will appear, click Sign In.
After clicking the Register now, the following page will appear. Fill in the information as required. Please make sure to select Yes for Is this account for business purposes?
Now, Choose Profile Type as Small Business, and click Select and continue button.
In this step, enter your contact information- business address, phone, first & last name, job title etc. After filling in all the necessary information click Continue.
After providing the contact information, now you will get your Canada Post Customer Number. Please save this as it will be required for this module configuration.
Here, again click on Join Now –
How to get the Agreement/ Contract Number –
If customers wishing to apply for a Commercial Agreement with Canada Post.
For this customer need to meet certain conditions (ship at least 1,250 domestic parcels a year or 100 international parcels )must complete the appropriate Agreement Activation Form.
To apply, please call at 1-866-757-5480 or contact their Sales Representative.
Once all completed documentation is approved, Canada Post will provide the customer with a copy of all the required documentation, along with a Customer Number, an Agreement Number and any other identification number required. More details please visit here
After the successful installation of the Magento2 Marketplace Canada Post Shipping module, you will be able to see the configuration panel under Stores-> Configuration-> Sales-> Shipping Methods-> Marketplace Canada Post Shipping.
Here, the admin will –
- Enable the module for use by selecting Yes else select No to keep it disabled.
- Choose the mode of operation as Sandbox(testing mode) or Production(live mode) as required.
- Select the Agreement Type as the contract or non-contract type from the drop-down.
- Set the Title of the shipping method that is visible to the customers at the checkout.
- Enter the API User Id, API Password received after registering at the respective Canadapost website.
- Enter the Agreement and Client Number for your Canadapost account. The “Agreement Number” field will not be visible if select the “Agreement Type” field to “Non-Contract” option.
- Set the Delivery Time Offset as per requirement.
- Set the Weight units as – Pounds or kilograms.
- Set the Allowed methods (for contract and non-contract types) that will be available to the customers to choose from.
- Enable/Disable the free shipping threshold.
- Select a free shipping method from the list of methods.
- Set the value for the free shipping threshold.
- Choose to ship to – All Allowed Countries or Specific Countries.
- Enter the Error Message that is displayed if the method is not available.
- Choose to calculate the Handling Charges as – Fixed or Percentage.
- Set the Handling fee that will be applicable according to the prior selection of the Handling Charge.
- Select Yes to allow the sellers to save their Canada post shipping details else select No.
- Select Yes to show the error message if the method is not available.
- Select Yes to generate a debug log in the system back-end else select No to not generate a debug log.
Note – You also need to set same weight unit(lbs/kgs ) for the store view(Locale) from the path Store> Configuration>General>Locale Options as shown below image.
For proper working of Magento2 Marketplace Canada Post Shipping, you need to set Canada shipping origin address and store information.
For Canada shipping origin address, please follow this path Stores> Configuration > Sales > Shipping Settings > Origin. Here the admin can enter origin address for Canada shipping.
For store information, please follow this path Store> Configuration>General>Store Information. Here the admin can fill store information as shown below.
How To Use – Magento2 Marketplace Canada Post Shipping
If Magento2 Marketplace Canada Post Shipping module is enabled and the admin has set the setting “Allow Sellers to Save Canada Post Details” to “Yes” then the seller can save his “Canada Post Configuration” as shown below in the snapshot.
Here, the seller will:
- Canada Post User Id: Enter the Canada Post User Id.
- Client Number: Enter the Client Number.
- Password: Enter the password for the Canada Post User Id.
- Agreement Type: Select the Agreement Type as the contract or non-contract type from the drop-down.
- Agreement Number: Enter the Agreement Number for your Canada Post account. The “Agreement Number” field will not be visible if the “Agreement Type” field is set to option “Non-Contract” option.
The seller can also set the Invoice & Shipping address, VAT, TAX information under account menu Marketplace >Manage Print PDF Header Info as shown below in the snapshot.
When a buyer will place an order of seller’s product, the buyer can see Magento2 Marketplace Canada Post Shipping method at the shopping cart page like the below snapshot.
The buyer will select the Canada Post shipping method as per the choice.
Buyer can see selected shipping method under Order Review.
Note: In Magento2 Marketplace Canada Post Shipping module, the Shipping rate will be calculated according to the Seller’s Origin Zip Code, Product Weight and the Buyer’s Destination Zip Code.
Seller End – Management
If admin sets the “Allow Seller to Manage Order” option “yes” then the seller can manage the orders from front-end. Now the seller can generate invoices for their ordered products, generate the tracking number and shipment for the orders of their products. Even the seller can notify the customers by sending them emails, cancel/refund the order and even print the order.
Note : You need to set up the allowed currency under Stores->General->Currency Setup. Here you will have to select the Canadian Dollar under the Allowed Currencies as per the screenshot below.
Also you will have to import the currency rates under Stores-> Currency-> Currency Rates as per the below screenshot.
- Canada to India Shipping label:
2. Canada to Canada Shipping label :
3. Canada to USA Shipping Label :
The seller can download the Shipping and Invoice slip very easily. In the shipping and invoice slips, you can also see the company logo and address, vat, tax information which is enter by the seller under Manage Print PDF Header Info.
Shipping Slip –
Invoice Slip –
The seller can also download the PDF of shipping and invoice slip under Marketplace > My Order History.
After clicking on Download All Invoice Slip option a pop-up window will be open up. Here you will enter the date up to which you want to download Invoice slip.
Similarly, the seller will click on the Download All Shipping Slip option and a pop-up window will be open up. Here you will enter the date up to which you want to download Shipping slip.
After clicking the “Ship” option, shipment generation page will open up. Here the admin will check the “Create Shipping Label” and then click the “Submit Shipment” option as shown below in the snapshot.
Now after clicking the Submit Shipping, the admin will first check the products that are to be added to the package and then click the button “Add Selected Products To Package” as per the below snapshot.
Lastly, the admin after clicking the “Add Selected Products To Package“, will click the button “Add products To Package” to add the products to the package and then enter the dimensions(length, width, and height). After you need to click the save button as shown below in the snapshot.
Note – If the product weight is too low then you might get some warnings –
1.Weight-related warnings –
Then you will have to slightly increase or decrease the total weight to create the shipping label. For more information click here.
2. Non-delivery handling related warning –
If you get the above-mentioned warning then you will have to select one content value out of three (Return at seller’s Expense, Return to Seller, Abandon) for which shipping label will generate as shown below.
That’s all for the base Magento 2 Marketplace Canada Post Shipping still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better webkul.uvdesk.com.
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x