Magento 2 CRM will allow the management of customer data. It helps the store owner to retain customers.
It even helps in the creation of new customers under a streamlined process. However, these new customers evolve from prospective customers which are known as Leads.
Once the customer starts showing interest in the product or service. They are converted to Opportunities.
The CRM solution tends to capture the customer visiting the website. Henceforth, making them a permanent customer.
Watch the video tutorial below to understand the module workflow better:
Features Of Magento 2 CRM
- The admin can mention the configurations for the mail.
- Auto lead creation from the wishlist, abandon cart and contact form.
- Additionally, the admin can state the time difference post which the wishlist and add cart product will be part of lead.
- Quick Assignment of leads to other users for systemized management.
- Build a seamless experience for both B2B and B2C structure.
- Lead, Opportunity and Quote management by both admin and Users.
- Saving of customer details for the generation of sales and building of a good customer base.
- Recording of sources from where leads can be gathered.
- Quick quote sharing once the leads are converted to Opportunity to avoid delay.
- Customer Activity tracking to allow admin and user to generate more sales by convincing customer rightly by knowing their interests.
A cron is set for this module for the auto-creation of leads. Herein, the time duration will depend on the set cron.
Customers will get one zip folder and they have to extract the contents of the zip folder on their system.
Henceforth, the extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
First command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Hence, after running the commands, you have to flush the cache. This is done from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration For Multi-lingual Support
For the multilingual support, the admin will navigate through
Store->Configuration->General ->Locale Options
Then select the locale as German (the language into which admin wants to translate his store content).
If the user wants to translate their module from English to German.
Then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/CRM/i18n in their unzipped Magento 2 CRM folder and will get a CSV file with the name “en_US.csv”.
Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language.
After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/CRM/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on the server.
The module will get translated into the German Language. It supports both RTL and LTR languages.
The user can edit the CSV like the image below.
After the module installation, the admin will configure the module by following the path- Stores > Configuration > CRM Setting.
- CRM Admin Email Sender Name- The admin mentions the name which will appear in the mails ‘From’ section.
- CRM Admin Email- The admin will even mention the mail id via which the mail will be shared with customers.
- Auto Lead Generation from WishList- Two options will be available: manual or auto. The admin may select any of these.
- Generate lead time difference for Wishlist- However, the admin can set the time duration after which the products in the wishlist will become ‘a lead’ for the sales team.
- Auto Lead Generation from Abandon Cart- There will be two available options: manual or auto. Any of these can be selected by the admin.
- Generate lead time difference for Cart- Additionally, the admin can define the time difference after which the product in ‘abandon cart’ will be part of the lead for the sales team.
- Auto Lead Generation from Contact Form- By enabling this field the admin can auto convert the contact information to lead.
Email Templates Settings-
- Quotation Email- The admin can select the mail template for the quotation which the customer receives via the CRM system.
- CRM Agent Account Creation Email– However, this template will be shared whenever User/Agent account creation.
Terminology Stack Of Magento 2 CRM
Customer Relation Management is a scalable solution to save customer data. Henceforth, it is having multiple parts and areas which must be known beforehand-
This section contains information about those customers who are willing to purchase the product. Thus, allowing the store owner to save the data to allow take in regular follow up with them.
For instance, if an organization is operating in banking sector contacts via official website an IT-based company for software. Then the banking company is a lead for the software organization.
Whereas here the Official Website would be a lead source. Now you must be wondering- What is a Lead Source?
Lead Source- These are the places from where the store owner will receive leads. It can be anything like Advertisement, website, telemarketing, Wishlist and more.
Those customers among the leads who actually willing to purchase the product are part of Opportunity.
The admin or Users will share them various Proposals as per requirement.
User Management by Admin
The store owner can never manage multiple leads on there own if the business structure is large. For this, the admin needs to navigate through CRM Management>User Management.
Herein, the admin can create new Users who manage the CRM system.
The user management involves the creation of the new users or editing the information of existing ones.
Thus, the admin can enter the above personal details of the user to accomplish the registration.
Herein, the username and password will be used by the user to log in to the application.
Henceforth, the users will receive the mail on registered mail id that contains username and password information.
Leads Management By User
The user can manage the leads by login it from the backend with the details which the user shares. The admin can follow the navigation as CRM Management>Leads Management.
On clicking the “Create Leads from Wishlist” button leads are generated from the wishlist section. On clicking the “Create Leads from Abandon Cart” button leads are generated from the Abandon cart. Admin can able to generate the leads from this button only when he selects the manual option for lead generation from the configurations.
Now here the User can create a new lead or edit the existing once. For new leads, the customer can click on Add New Lead.
It contains information about interested customers like there name, mailing id and alternative mail id.
Then the user will enter the details about the lead which will comprise of-
- Status- The leads which come for the first time is having the status as New. However, it appends accordingly like Pending and
- Referred By- This section will contain the information if there was a recommendation from someone.
- Assigned To- In this section the lead creator can assign a user.
- Source Id- The place from where the lead generation has taken place.
- Additional Note- This section contains any specific information with regard to the lead.
- Opportunity Amount– The cost which the organization will receive when the product in the lead is sold.
- However, the admin can even select among multiple Currencies in which the above amount is chargeable.
The admin will enter the customer addresses for processing shipments and transactions in the future.
Admin Lead Management- Magento 2 CRM
The admin can even manage the Leads as the User. For this, the admin needs to follow the navigation as CRM Management>Leads Management.
Herein, the admin can either Add New Lead or Edit Lead just like the users.
Lead Source- User
The User can even add the lead sources from where the lead generation takes place.
Here the user can either add the lead source, edit or delete.
The user will enter here the information of the leads as-
- Source Name- The user will enter the name of the lead source generation.
- Source Code- The identification code for that particular lead source.
Admin Lead Source Management
The admin can even enter the Lead source as User can do.
For this, the admin needs to follow the navigation as- CRM Management>Lead Source Management.
The admin can edit or add or delete a new lead source from this section.
Thus, allowing the admin to enter detail- Source Name and Source Code.
Whenever the customer shows more interest in the purchase of the products the customers will be Opportunity. Thus, allowing those leads to convert to Opportunity in the Magento 2 CRM
The user can click on the leads where they are having the option of Create Opportunity.
This will allow the user to send the Quote and addition of the lead to the Opportunity and Quote Management section.
To find the Opportunity the user can navigate through CRM Management>Opportunity Management.
The user will enter the appropriate information about the customer which was unclear at the time of lead creation.
The user will now add the following information to make it Opportunity-
Status- Now the lead will have the status as Pending.
Below information is inherited from the leads-
- Referred By- The user will enter by whom the lead was referred to initially.
- Associated Lead Id- The lead which is now turned to the opportunity.
- Assigned To- This will contain the user name who is handling the lead/opportunity.
- Source id- The origin of the lead/opportunity is part of this section.
- Additional Information- This will contain a brief detail about the lead.
However, there are few additional fields in the Opportunity-
- Close Date- Here user will mention the date by which the lead will close.
- Opportunity Amount- The prospective costing of the product which the organization will receive.
- Next Step- The user will mention the step which they will take next on the opportunity.
- Probability- This section will contain the approximate chances by which the opportunity will convert to sales.
- The user can also enter the Currency in which the product amount in the lead will be measured.
The User can even edit customer addresses in the Addresses Information if required.
The user can share the customer with the costing of the product as per-requirement in the lead.
For this, the user can either click on the Create Quote in Create or Update Opportunity.
Else the user can navigate through CRM management>Quote Management.
Here the user can even edit or add the personal information of the customer.
Now, in the Magento2 CRM, the user can add the details in the Quote Information Section.
These details include the following-
- Status-The user can set the status of the Quote as New, Pending or dead. New is set when the quote is sent for the first time.
After that, the quote is having status as Pending. When it declines it is set as Dead.
- Referred By- This is inherent information that will come from lead.
- Associated Opportunity– The user can select the relative Opportunity to the Quote.
- Assigned To– Here the manager’s name is mentioned who is handling the customer.
- Source id– This inherent information will contain the detail of the lead generation.
- Additional Information– This is also inherent information from leads/opportunity section which contain the details of customer requirement.
- Opportunity Amount– The monetary benefit which the organization will receive on sales of the product in the quote. This information will extend from Opportunity.
- The user will again have the ability to select the Currency.
This section in the quote management will contain the costing chargeable on each product.
Thus, it contains-
- The facility to add products by searching it.
- Product List- Henceforth, the selected product will be listed in this section with the advantage to add the desired quantity and discount. Finally, the complete transaction is visible in the subtotal section with the deduction of the discount.
This will contain the address details of the customer. However, this information is the same as in the lead/opportunity section.
Thus, once the quotation is saved the customer will receive an e-mail with the details of the product.
Admin- Quote Management
As the user, the admin can also manage the quote.
However, the admin here can see the customer who they are handling and being handled by other users.
Thus, the admin and user can share multiple quotes to a customer. When the quotes get finalized the product is sold at the same rate.
The extension can help the store owner and its user to keep a record of customer activities. Thus, the admin or users can follow the navigation as CRM Management>Customer Activity Tracking.
Hence the admin can view-
- ID– This is the identification number given to the activity log of the customer.
- Customer id- The identification number of customers.
- Product id- If the customer visits a product page then its subsequent id is restored.
- Customer Email- The customer registered contact mail id is visible in this section.
- Record of URL and Page Type which customer has visited
- Event Type- Thus, this records the resultant which triggers on the action taken.
- Total Time- The record of time duration for which the customer was on the respective page.
Moreover, here only those customer activity logs are saved who are registered in the store.
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x