Magento 2 Booking Reservation SMS Notification module provides the most convenient moreover liable way of notifying the customers. It also informs customers about the booking events that occurred in the Magento store via SMS.
These SMS are sent to the customers at the time of booking created, booking canceled, automatic reminder alerts. Additionally, the admin can also send custom messages to the mass customers manually.
Furthermore, customers do not require an internet connection or compatible devices to receive the SMS. Therefore, this module helps the customers to get fast and quick SMS notifications.
Note – This module requires Magento 2 Booking and Reservation System to be installed first.
Booking Reservation SMS Reminder Features
- Shoppers will receive SMS notification message right on their phone.
- Buyers will receive SMS at the time of invoice creation.
- Consumers will receive SMS at the time of booking cancellation.
- Customers will receive SMS for alert/reminder messages for the booking.
- Configure the booking alert/reminder message to send to the customers.
- Define the days for the alert/reminder message to be sent prior to the actual booking date and time.
- Cron auto sends reminder/alert messages to the customers.
- The admin can also send custom SMS to the mass customers manually.
Booking Reservation SMS Reminder Installation
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system.
The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
Next the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
composer require twilio/sdk
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Post running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel. Navigate through->System->Cache management as shown below:
Additionally, during module translation, navigate to app/code/Webkul/BookingNotification/i18n/en_US.csv.
Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in the below screenshot.
Then replace the words after the comma(,) on the right in the file with your translated words.
Later on, editing and translating the CSV file, you need to save the translated file name according to your region language and country code such as – de_DE.CSV.
Followed by uploading the translated file to the same folder from where you have obtained it. Now your module translation is complete.
How To Get API Credentials?
Forthwith, the admin can get the Account SID, Auth Token, and Twilio Phone Number. follow the steps:
Step 2: Now after clicking on the SIGN-UP button, below page will be open. Here, the admin will enter all details to get registered and will tap the Get Started button to proceed further.
Step 3: Instantly, enter your mobile phone number and tap the Verify button to verify the number.
Step 4: Then, you will receive a verification code on your mobile phone. Enter that verification code and tap the Submit button.
Step 5: Later on, the page that comes up, on the top right-hand next to your name tap the down arrow and then click the User Settings menu option.
Step 6: Now go to the Dashboard menu option in the left panel. Here, you will find the Account SID, Auth Token.
Step 7: Moreover, to get the Twilio phone number, go to the dashboard again, plus tap the Phone Numbers link.
Step 8: Furthermore, click on the phone numbers link it will bring up the below-given page. Here, click on the Get Started button.
Step 9: Now, the section that comes up, click the Get your first Twilio phone number button.
Step 10: Clicking the Get your first Twilio phone number in the previous step brings up a pop-up window. Click Choose this Number button to proceed further.
Step 11: Momentarily, you can see your new phone number, click done to go back.
Step 12: Presently, to check your phone number click the Phone Numbers link under the dashboard section. As shown in step 7 and you will be redirected to your phone number section.
Booking Reservation SMS Reminder Module Configuration
After the module installation, the admin will configure the module settings. Navigating to Stores -> Configuration -> Webkul -> Notification Setting as shown below:
Here, the admin will:
- Auth ID: Enter the Auth ID which the admin receives from the Twilio account.
- Token: Enter the Token which the admin receives from the Twilio account.
- Sender Mobile: Enter the mobile number which the admin has got from the Twilio for sending the messages.
- Booking Reminder(Days Before): Set the days to auto-send alert/reminder message to the customer prior to the actual booking date
- (Minutes Before) Booking Reminder: Define the minutes for the alert/reminder message to send to the customers prior to the actual booking time.
- ISD Codes API URL: This API is pre-configured in the module. This API will automatically append the ISD codes with the customers’ phone numbers.
- Default Message: This message will go to the customer when the field is empty.
- Message (Days Before): Configure the booking alert/reminder message to be sent to the customers prior to the actual booking date.
- (Minutes Before) Message: Configure the booking alert/reminder message to be sent to the customers prior to the actual booking time.
- (Invoice Create) Message: Configure the message to be sent to the customers when the invoice gets created.
- (Cancel Invoice) Message: Configure the message to be sent to the customers when the invoice gets canceled.
The Booking Reservation SMS Reminder module is an absolute solution to keep your customers informed about their bookings like –
When the admin generates the invoice from the backend, the Invoice Generated notification will be sent to the customer as shown below.
If the admin cancels the booking from the backend, the Booking Cancellation notification will be sent to the customer as per the below image.
Booking alert messages will be sent to the customers on configured date and time. And, this configured date and time should be prior to the actual booking date and time. These messages will remind the customers about their booking date and time.
Note: A cron is set for this module. So, the alert messages will be sent to the customers automatically.
The admin can also send custom messages to the customers manually as shown below. For this, the admin will navigate to Booking System -> View Bookings as shown below.
This will navigate the admin to the bookings list.
Now, the admin can-
- View the complete list of the customers.
- Select the bookings for which the admin wants to send the custom messages to the customer.
- Then, select the “Send Notification” option from the “Action” drop-down list.
Clicking the Send Notification option will display a pop up as shown below:
The admin enters the custom message which will be sent to the customer and hit the Continue button.
That’s all for Magento 2 Booking Reservation SMS Notification module.
Still, have any issue please feel free to add a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x