Introduction- Magento Mobile App GDPR Support
Magento Mobile App GDPR Support means that the Magento Mobile app is GDPR compliant. That keeps data of the customer safe and secure. Now, the basic question arriving is What is GDPR?
GDPR- General Data Protection Regulation is meant for data regulation of the citizens in the European Union (EU) countries. The GDPR sets a benchmark for the customer rights with regards to the customer data.
GDPR was adopted by the European Union on April 2016 and came into effect on 25th May 2018.
The act also exercises the right to forget the data. That means the organization must delete the personal data of the customer on their demand to do so.
The organization if found guilty, in any case, have to pay a heavy penalty.
Image source- http://www.artribune.com
Components Of GDPR
There are three bodies in case of management of data, which have been given specific names. They are-
- The Subject- The customer/client, user guide, employee- anyone providing personal data.
- The Data Controller- The organization that is offering goods or services that will be saving the data and inform the customer of the reason for the storage of data. The organization will be responsible for the safety of data.
- The Data Processor- These are the third party involved in the businesses such as payment gateway, shipping and other places in case of e-commerce.
How To Be GDPR Complaint?
The Apps/Website can be easily turned to GDPR complaint by following few of the below points-
- Right To Be Forgotten- Under GDPR the customer has got the full right to ask the organization to erase the personal data. Even a customer can prevent further publication of their data and forbid its processing by third-party service.
- Permission- The organization which is in storing the data must ask for the constant of saving the data. The customer can even withdraw the data saved with an ease.
- Data Privacy and security- Only the data which is necessary must be asked by the organization(in the app- while registration, and other places). It should be secured enough not to be published or hacked. The organization must not utilize the data to provide harm to the customer.
- DPO- The Data Protection Officers (DPOs) are appointed by GDPR, who are managing the data protection among the organizations.
GDPR In Big Data
The GDPR will reverse the big data trend where the companies were keeping the huge amount of data was saved for analysis. The GDPR regulation will restrict publication of such data which will share the personal details of a customer.
The analysis part can still be done but with limited data and in such a way that the data of the customer is not shared publically.
GDRP In E-commerce
E-commerce website/ app are the ones which collect the personal data of the customers in large number. This
All the website/mobile app needs to GDPR complaint which deals with the customer of EU. Ignoring the regulation can cause a heavy penalty of €20 million or 4% of annual revenue(whichever is greater) if a data breach occurs.
Major Points to make Mobile app GDPR Complaint
Mobikul offers applications which are GDPR complaint they follow the rules as per the regulation. They give the customers of EU the confidence of being secure and the data control is in their hand.
Mobikul and GDPR
The major reasons that create Mobikul Mobile apps GDPR compliant are-
- Transparency- In the app, the data of the data controller(app owner) must inform the subject about saving of data. It must involve the consent of the subject. The transfer of data with the third party must even involve the consent of the customer.
- Security- The security of personal data is the most vital component. In case of any data breach, the data controller needs to inform the subject party involved and DPO.
Thus, giving the subject(customer) the assurance and a secured feel.
Just enter your email below to subscribe and receive weekly updates about the most interesting similar articles.
Share article viaSignUp Again
- No Pre-filled Checkboxes-The term and condition acceptance are having a checkbox which is not pre-checked. This gives the subject an assurance of not clarity.
GDPR In Magento App
In the backend, under Mobikul Configuration,
Enable the GDPR in the mobile app.
Enter the terms and conditions on various pages-
- Sign Up page
- Account Information Page
- Address Page
- Shipping Page
- Payment Page
- Review Page.
GDPR On Frontend- Magento App
The GDPR forms are visible on the front end of the app, the customer can view the same to approve or disapprove with Terms and conditions.
Sign Up Page- The app user can view and needs to check the checkbox to agree to the Terms and Condition.
Account Information Page-The Account Page contains various personal details of the client which requires acceptance of Terms and Conditions. The customer can even download the data of Account information.
My Address Page-The customer on Address page can accept the terms and conditions stating the GDPR. The customers can even download the address details submitted on Address page.
Checkout Page-The billing address, shipping method, and payment information page will also have Terms and condition page as it saves personal details of the customer. Only when the customers accept to the terms and conditions they can move ahead.
Review Page- The customer need to read and accept the terms and conditions on this page also.
Further Actions In GDPR
We can make enhance a few more functionalities to implement the GDPR more effectively.
- Deletion Request Page- The app can have a page that will have deletion page. This page will contain the request option to delete the product.
- General CMS Page- A page having terms and condition that will state that the app has GDPR support.
That’s all for Magento Mobile App GDPR Support still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com/