The Magento 2 Product Question and Answer extension will allow the admin to set up a Q & A section for his products. In this section, the customers can ask the admin queries regarding his products and the admin as well as customers will be able to respond to these queries. The customers can also Upvote or Downvote the responses as required.
- The customers can ask questions/queries to the admin on his product.
- Admin, as well as customer, can respond to queries.
- Admin will manage all the questions and answers.
- The customers can Upvote or Downvote the responses.
- Email notifications will go to customer and admin for questions and responses.
- Customers can search the questions.
- Customers can use their nickname to protect their privacy.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento 2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through ->System->Cache management as shown below in the snapshot.
If you need to do the module translation, please navigate the following path in your system. app/code/Webkul/ProductQuestionAnswer/i18n. Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in below screenshot.
After the successful installation of the module, the admin will navigate to Stores -> Configuration->Webkul-> Product Question Answer. Here, the admin will configure the – General Settings & Email Templates.
Here the admin will configure the settings for –
- Question Approval Required(when a customer asks a question if selected as “Yes“, then the admin will have to approve this question first to make it visible at the frontend).
- Email notification to Customer(If selected a “Yes” then the customer will receive the email notification on responses to his question).
- Email notification to the Admin(If selected a “Yes” then the admin will receive the email notification when the customer asks a question else select “No“).
- Email Notification to Admin Template – Here, select the email notification template that will be used to send the respective email notifications to the admin.
- Email Notification to Customers Template – Here, select the email notification template that will be used to send the respective email notifications to the customer.
After configuring the above settings, tap the Save Configuration button to save the changes.
Workflow at Frontend
Here the customers can –
- Click on “View All” to see all the question and answers.
- Click on “Most Helpful” to see the most helpful answers that have been upvoted the most by customers.
- Click on “Most Recent” to see the most recent questions that have been made by the customers.
- See a total number of questions that are asked and answered.
- Click on “Give Answer” to add an answer to a question.
- Upvote or downvote an answer.
- Search or Ask a question.
First, the customer must be logged-in in order to ask a question or to make an answer. After logging in, the customer will click on the “Ask Question” button to ask a question to the admin for this product. This brings a pop-up as shown below.
Now let’s see how the admin replies back to the questions asked by the customers. For this, the admin will navigate to the admin panel then go the side menu option – Webkul Product Question Answer ->Manage Product Question Answer.
Here, the admin will find all the questions asked by various customers and can make a reply from here.
Here the admin can enable, disable, or delete a question and can also make responses to the questions asked by the customers. To make a response, tap the “Click To Response” button, that brings up a new page to make a reply back.
Here the admin will type in the response for the asked question and click the “Submit” button to make a reply. After the reply has been made the customer gets notified of the response through email notification.
The customer can also post an answer by clicking the “Give Answer” button on the product page, after which a pop-up appears. Here the customer can type in the response and click the submit button to send the response.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Product Question and Answer still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 2.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x