The Magento 2 Business Directory will add business directory feature to your Magento 2 store. The users will be able to add the directories, as well as they will be able to search and filter the directories using the standard searches like alphabetical search, extended search, and keyword search.
The user can add the directories with various attributes like categories, maps, and locations with search engine friendly URL. This module will enhance your eCommerce store with a business directory.
Features Of Business Directory
- Very Suitable for your vertical industry.
- Subcategories for the business directory’s root category can be created by the admin.
- Auto approval of directories can be enabled or disabled by the admin.
- Reports and claims of the directories can be seen by the admin.
- The admin can enable/disable/delete directories created by users.
- Reasons for reporting a directory can be added by the admin.
- The admin can also delete the reason which is already used in the reports.
- The admin can enable/disable/edit/delete reasons.
- The registered user can create directories with multiple attributes like categories, location, website title, etc.
Multiple images can be uploaded for each business directories.
- The user can easily reach to any directory by multiple search options like alphabetical search, advanced search, extended search, and a general search.
- Claim and report on the directories can be made by the users.
- The user can contact the directory owner.
Installation of Business Directory
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run the command on Magento2 root directory-“php bin/magento setup:upgrade”
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory:
Second Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After moving the app folder you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Business Directory Configuration
After the complete installation of Magento 2 Business Directory module, the admin will configure the module by navigating through Store -> Settings -> Configuration -> Webkul -> Business Directory.
- Enable: The admin can choose ” Yes” to enable the module else ” No“.
- Automatically directory approve: Auto approval of the user created directories from the admin side can be enabled or disabled by the admin. “Yes” for enabling and “No” for disabling the auto approval.
- Admin Email-id: Here the admin will enter the email id used for this module’s email transaction including the admin.
- Google Map API Key: Here the admin will provide the API key of the google map. It will allow users to use google maps while creating their directories for the location purpose.
- Manage Records: If the admin select ” Yes” then the admin can delete the reasons even they are assigned to a report and select “No” then the admin cannot delete the assigned reasons.
Please Note: The admin email id is used to send email to the admin when a user creates/claim/report a directory. The vice versa process is done for the approval of the directory from the admin.
The admin can create subcategories under the root category of Business Directory. The subcategories of the root categories can be added by navigating through Products -> Categories -> Business Directory -> Add Subcategory.
After clicking “Add Subcategory“, the admin will be redirected to the subcategory setting page. The admin can add new subcategory by doing the following essential settings :
- Enable Category: The admin can enable or disable the subcategory.
- Include in Menu: Enable or disable can be done for including menu in a subcategory.
- Category Name: The admin can set the name for the subcategory.
- Category Image: Here the admin can set an image for the category.
- Description: Subcategory description can be added from this field.
- Display Mode: The admin can set the display mode for the subcategory.
- Anchor: Here admin can make the subcategory eligible for the anchor.
- Products in Category: In this section, the directory can be added to the subcategory via a directory check box or mass selection checkbox for selecting all products at once.
- Use Parent Category Setting: The admin has to enable it for inheriting root category display setting or the “Business Directory” theme in the Theme filed.
- Theme: If the “Use Parent Category Setting” is not enabled then the theme has to set to “Business Directory”.
Please Note: Selecting the “Use Parent Category Setting” or the Theme as “Business Directory” is necessary to view the directory in the proper manner. If these settings are not made then the directories will appear as normal products on the front view for the users.
User Directory Management
After all the above Magento 2 Business Directory module configuration and settings, the registered user can add a directory. To add the directory the user will navigate through Login(The user will first login) -> Add Directory.
- Directory Category: Here the admin can choose the categories for the product.
- Company Name: The admin will provide company name.
- Contact Person: Name of the contact person of the company.
- Email: Email id of the contact person.
- Street: Street name where the company is located.
- Postcode: Postal code of the company.
- City: City name where the company is located.
- Country: Country name of the company.
- Location: Latitude and Longitude for setting the location on the map view.
- Phone: Phone number of the contact person.
- Fax: Fax number of the company.
- Website Title: The user will give the website URL in this field.
- Business Days: Here the user will set the working days of the company by selecting the weekday names.
- Description: Set Description of the company.
- Short Description: Set Short description of the company.
- Company Logo: The user can provide the company’s logo.
Lastly, the user will save the directory via Save Directory button.
Manage Directory – User
The registered user can see their created directories by navigating through Login(The user will first login) -> My Directory List.
- The user can edit/ delete any directory.
- The user can select directories and delete the directories via “Delete Directory‘ button.
- Filtered search for better reachability to any directory.
- Status of approval of directories can be seen in the Status column.
- Reports, claims, and contact owner count can be seen in Total Report, Total Claim, and Total Contact columns respectively. The user can see the details of each by clicking on the counts.
Total Report Detail Page
Just enter your email below to subscribe and receive weekly updates about the most interesting similar articles.
Share article viaSignUp Again
2. Total Claim Detail Page
3. Total Contact Owner Request Detail Page
Admin Management for Business Directory
The admin can manage the user created business directories by approving, disapproving, deleting, and viewing directory information or by creating/managing reasons.
Directory management can be done by navigating through Business Directories -> Directory.
- It has various informative columns of user-created directories like :
- Id: It shows the system Id for any directory.
- Directory Name: It shows the name of the directory.
- Owner Name: It shows the name of the owner who has created the directory.
- Number of Report: It gives the count of the reports done on the directory.
- Number of Claim: It gives the count of the claims of the directory.
- Status: It shows the approval status of the directory.
- Created At: Date and time of the creation of directory are shown in this column.
- The users can delete or update the status of the selected directories to “Enable” or “Disable” via “Actions” drop-down.
- Directory selection checkboxes can be used to select specific directories on which the admin has to take the action.
- Mass Selection checkbox can be used to select all directories at once.
- The user can click on “View” to see directory information. The following information is :
Claim: This can be navigated by Business Directory -> Directory -> View -> Directory Information -> Claim.
Contact: This can be navigated by Busienss Directory -> Directory -> View -> Directory Information -> Contact.
Report: This can be navigated by Busienss Directory -> Directory -> View -> Directory Information -> Report.
The admin can manage the reason by navigating through Business Directory> Reason.
- It has various informative columns of user-created directories like :
- Id: It shows the system Id for reasons.
- Reason: It shows the name of the Reason.
- Status: It shows the approval status of the reason.
- Created At: Date and time of the creation of reason are shown in this column.
- The users can delete or update the status of the selected reason to “Enable” or “Disable” via “Actions” drop-down.
- Directory selection checkboxes can be used to select specific Reasons on which the admin has to take the action.
- Mass Selection checkbox can be used to select all Reasons at once.
The user can click on “edit” to edit a reason.
- The admin can edit the reason text content via “Reason“.
- Status of the reason can be edited via “Status” drop down.
- The user can delete the reason from the “Delete” button.
- “Reset” can be used to reset the settings of a reason.
- The user can save the edited reason via “Save Reason” button.
- “Add New Reason” button is used for adding new reasons for reporting any directory. When any user reports a directory then a reason for reporting is required, this reason is created by the admin via “Add New Reason”.
- Reasons: Here the admin will set the reason content.
- Status: The admin can enable or disable the created reason.
- Save Reason: After setting the two fields the admin can save the Reason.
After all the above configuration setting and directory addition, any user can view the directory under Directory Category. Any logged in or a guest user can navigate to the directories by clicking on the “Business Directory“.
- Create New Entry: The user can create a new directory by clicking this button. The user will be redirected to Add Directory page. If the user is not logged in or registered then, the user will be redirected to sign up/login page.
- Keyword Search by category filter: Directory can be searched via category search filter. The user can choose a category and search the directory by entering a keyword.
- Alphabetical and Numeric Search: The user can search a directory by selecting its first starting alphabet or a numeric digit.
- Advance Search: The user can search by keywords of directories with much-advanced options like:
- Searching keywords by entries that have “All Words“: All the words of the given keyword will be used together to search the directory by name. For example- If the keyword is “Human rights” then the whole keyword “Human rights” together will be used for searching a directory by name.
- Searching keywords by entries that have “Any Words“: All the word of the given keyword will be used independently to search the directory by name. For example- If the keyword is “Human rights” then “Human” and “rights” both will be independently used for searching a directory by name.
- Searching keywords by entries that have “Exact Words“: All the word of the given keyword will be used exactly word by word to search the directory by name. For example- If the keyword is “Human rights” then exact word by word keyword will be used for searching.
- Extended Search: The advance search can be extended for better search options including searching by location, category, and country.
- Just below the business directory description, all the subcategories of the root category is displayed with their subcategories. Posts count shows the count of the directories enabled by the admin under a subcategory of the root category.
- Short Description View of the directories is provided with Category filter drop-down.
- On clicking the title of the directory, the detail view of the directory opens with all the details of the directory including Street name, Postcode of the location, City name, Country name, Phone number of the contact person, Website URL, Business days detail, About company along with the map view of the company.
- The user can also report/claim a directory to the admin. Any user can contact the owner of the directory.
Claim Directory: The user can claim on a directory to the admin.
Report Directory: The user can report a directory by selecting it for a particular reason.
Please Note: The reason selected are created by the admin.
Contact Owner: The user can contact the author of the directory.
That’s all for Magento 2 Business Directory module. If you still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at HelpDesk System.
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x , 2.1.x , 2.2.x, 2.3.x