Jenkins installation & setup on Ubuntu is very easy. You just need to follow some simple steps.
1. Download Jenkins WAR file to an appropriate directory on your machine:
2. Now open a terminal and navigate to the location, where jenkins.war file is located and run the WAR file of Jenkins:
- Note: Java is required to run jenkins.war file. So Java must be installed on the system.
java -jar jenkins.war --httpPort=12000
Leave this command in running state in the terminal until you don’t want to shut down Jenkins & if you want to start the Jenkins again then run the same command.
3. Go to browser & hit the URL your_localhost_ip:httpPort:
For ex: 192.168.03.100:12000
4. You will get initial password authentication page. Now get your initial administrator password from defined path :
Now input Administrator Password & continue.
5. You will get Jenkins setup wizard
You can proceed with default suggested Jenkins plugins or you can select plugins as per your requirement. Here I have selected Install suggested plugins.
All suggested plugins get install automatically, it will take some time.
6. Now set your credentials.
Then click on Continue as admin or Save & finish.
Now all Done.
If you have any doubt then please leave us a comment here.