Opencart Hotel Booking System will allow the admin to create an efficient hotel booking website using Opencart Hotel Booking Extension. This Hotel booking module is designed with advantageous features for setting up a well-proficient hotel reservation system, featuring multiple facilities, and review system. This module helps in managing the rooms of a hotel or other lodging facilities and you can display a number of available rooms with facilities. Admin can also add bookings. Customers, after reaching the site, can instantly start searching for hotels based on ‘Location’, ‘Check-in’ and ‘Check-out’ date.
Opencart Hotel Booking System is also available as a Marketplace Hotel Booking System.
- Add and manage multiple hotels without any limitations.
- Enter name, description, meta title, check-in and check-out dates for hotels.
- Add and manage multiple rooms without any hassle.
- Add and manage fixed facilities for the rooms.
- Add and manage optional facilities which will be paid services.
- Admin can enable or disable customer reviews from the admin panel manually.
- Admin can book the room from their end too.
- Admin can see the list of all bookings and also can export the list to Excel and CSV form.
- Customized search option for hotel booking with a location, Check-In Date and Check Out Date.
- Search rooms based on categories like price, room amenities, optional amenities.
- The customer can search nearest hotels too.
- The customer can submit their own ratings and reviews for hotels and rooms.
- The customer can also take advantage of optional room facilities (paid services).
- Admin can cancel the bookings.
- This module supports the Multi-language feature.
- If you have multi-store then you can use a hotel booking in one of them.
- The admin can send an invoice to the customers at the time of booking.
Installation of Opencart Hotel Booking System for Opencart is very simple. After extracting the zip file, choose your Opencart Version Folder and in that, you will find folders admin, catalog, fpdf, and system. Copy these four folders into the root directory of your Opencart website. Please view the screenshot below.
Once you have copied the folders in the previous step, then login to admin and from the main menu go to Extensions->Extension installer and upload the XML file. The XML file can be found inside the ocmod folder of the downloaded zip. Please choose the correct Opencart Version Folder.
After uploading the wk_hotel_booking.ocmod file, go to the Extensions > Modification and click on refresh field.
After that in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and click on select all for both Access and Modify Permission and save it.
After that under Extension > Module, install the Hotel Booking and Reservation Module. Also, you will have to install and enable the Advanced Layer Navigation and Hotel booking And Reservation Search modules.
After the successful installation of the extension, you will have to make a few module configurations for –
- Advanced layer Navigation.
- Hotel Booking and Reservation.
- Hotel Booking and Reservation Search and
- Layout Setting.
1. Now navigate to Extensions->Modules->Advanced Layer Navigation and then click on the edit button for the module “Advanced Layer Navigation” and another page opens up. Here the admin will enable the module and the “Attribute Group List” named price as shown below in the screenshot.
For creating the Attribute Group list – “Price“, navigate through Catalog->Attributes->Attribute groups and click on the add new button as shown below in the screenshot.
2. Now navigate to Extensions->Modules->Hotel Booking and Reservation and then click on the edit button for the module “Hotel Booking And Reservation” and another page opens up. Here the admin will manage the time zone, status, store and send invoice options as shown below.
3. Now navigate to Extensions->Modules->Hotel Booking and Reservation Search and then click on the edit button for the module “Hotel Booking And Reservation Search” and another page open up. Here the admin will enable the module, set the main heading that will be visible at the front end, and the background image for the frontend as shown below.
4. Now navigate through Design->Layouts->Product to set the layout for all these above modules. We are going to set the layout on the product page. You may select any other place for the layout as per your requirement as shown below in the screenshot.
As this Opencart Hotel Booking System module supports multiple languages so this section will describe how to make the module work in different languages. Please check this link for language translation.
Admin will first navigate to Hotel Booking and Reservation->Manage Hotels to add the hotels to the hotel booking system. Here under the General menu tab admin will enter the general details for the hotel like the hotel name, hotel description, etc, as shown below in the screenshot.
After this admin will navigate to the Data menu tab. Here the admin will set the image for the hotel, enable or disable the hotel as shown below in the screenshot.
Now the admin will go to the last menu tab Hotel Details, where the admin will input the Address, Email, Website, Contact number, Fax number, Check–In and Check–Out time for this hotel. After filling in the required fields admin will click the save button to save and create this hotel entry.
Manage Fixed Facilities
To manage the fixed facilities for the room being added, the admin will navigate through Hotel Booking and Reservation->Manage fixed Facilities.
Now the admin can add or delete the fixed facilities that are available with the hotel rooms. Admin will click the add button to add the fixed facilities that the hotel provides for its rooms.
Add Fixed facilities –
To add the facilities click the add button and on the page that opens up enter the name of the facility, add the image for the facility, set the status as enabled or disable and enter the sort order for this facility as shown below in the screenshot.
Manage Optional Facilities (Paid Facilities)
To manage the Optional facilities for the room being added, the admin will navigate through Hotel Booking and Reservation->Manage Optional Facilities.
Here the admin can filter the facility which is enabled or disabled by entering the facility name and its status and clicking the filter button as shown below.
Add New Optional facility –
To add a new optional facility click the add button after which a horizontal tab comes up to add a new facility. Here the admin will enter the facility name, icon and sort order for the optional facility.
After that click the save button at the top right corner to save the new optional facility as shown below.
How To Add A Room Type
To add the Room Type admin will navigate through Hotel Booking and Reservation->Add Room Type as shown below in the screenshot.
Here the admin will click on the add button after which another page comes up where an admin needs to fill in the room info. under the General menu tab. Admin will enter the name of the room, description of the room and the meta tag title for the room as shown below in the screenshot.
Now the admin will navigate to the next menu tab that is the Data tab. Here the admin will enter the price per night, Quantity, Prefix for Room Number & Booking Id, No. of maximum adults & children allowed, booking from & till and the status of the room type a shown below in the screenshot.
Now the admin will assign this room type to the earlier created hotel under the Hotel menu tab as shown below in the screenshot.
Now the admin will select the Optional facilities for this room type. Here admin can add price for the optional facilities and can enable or disable them as shown below.
How Admin Can Book The Hotel Rooms For Customers
Admin can book the hotel for customers by navigating through a Hotel Booking and Reservation->Book hotel.
Here the admin will enter the details – Select from Date, Select to Date, select the Hotel, select the Room Type, Number of Rooms, No. of Adults and Children.
After filling all the required information admin will click on the Check Availability button as shown below in the screenshot.
After clicking the “Book Room” button admin will fill in the customer details and click the “Save” button to make the booking as shown below in the screenshot.
After clicking the save button the booking will be saved and the admin can check all the bookings under all bookings menu item.
Manage All Bookings
After clicking on the “booking“, the admin will be able to see the different bookings that have been made for the room type selected.
Admin can see all the bookings for a particular Room by clicking on the Bookings option available.
Manage Hotel Reviews
Admin can manage the reviews that the customers have posted for the hotels on the front end as shown below in the screenshot.
Here the admin can edit the reviews posted by the customers and can enable or disable them.
After clicking on the edit review button, admin can edit the review, can enable or disable the review and change the ratings to show on the frontend as shown below in the screenshot.
Frontend Display & Workflow
After the installation and configuration (admin rooms and hotels), you can see a wonderful page on the front-end like below image.
Here you can search the hotel rooms by selecting the check-in date, check-out date, select the hotel and clicking the “Search Rooms” button as shown below in the screenshot.
After clicking the “Search Rooms” button, you will be redirected to another page.
Customers can also search for the nearest hotels that are available. After clicking on the “Nearest Hotels” button, the list of the nearest hotels will populate.
After clicking on the “See More” button the customer will be taken to the hotel page having the details of the hotel – like description of the hotel, room type description, room amenities, available amenities, customer reviews, and leave response where the customer can write their review about the hotel and can check other customer reviews as well as shown below.
After clicking the “Book Now” button, another page will open up with all the details about the room like – the extra amenities available, specification, description, reviews and details about the hotel room as shown below in the screenshots.
This section has details about the free amenities available with the booking room.
This section has a description for the hotel.
In this section, customers can see the reviews and ratings given by other customers to this hotel. Customers can even write their own reviews for the hotel with the ratings.
Here the customers will find the details about the hotel like – its address, email, website, contact number, Check-in and check-out time and the booking from and booking till dates.
On the shopping cart page, customers can find all the details regarding the booking room as shown below.
Customers will be able to see the order details under “My Orders ” as shown below.
An invoice will be sent to the customer automatically at the time of booking. Here a sample invoice pdf attached in the email:
That’s all for the Opencart Hotel Booking System module still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at webkul.uvdesk.com.
Current Product Version - 22.214.171.124
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x