What is Vue Storefront?
Vue Storefront is a PWA storefront for an eCommerce platform. That lets you connect with any eCommerce backend like Magento, WooCommerce, and Shopware using an API.
Why We Need Vue Storefront?
Quicker Page Load For Your Ecommerce Store
Vue Storefront helps to load pages quicker through Server Side Rendering (SSR). That is the ability of a program to contribute by displaying a web page on the server rather than rendering it in the browser.
Vue storefront Magento integration helps with page speed and affects not only customer experiences but also your SEO rankings. So, by improving your eCommerce store’s page load times. You can unlock more features with a single solution.
Fetch On-Demand data
Vue Storefront provides the data or content that is relevant only. APIs will display the content of the particular page that the client asks for.
Magento 2 Company ? Find out More
So, it saves time to understand the exact details and is fast to reload the page. You can call the APIs according to your requirements.
Vue Storefront reduces developer costs as it is separated from the backend of the platform.
Easy to Upgrade
One of the additional benefits of the Vue Storefront is its easy upgradeability. Developers need to spend less time updating any new functionality or version.
It means less investment (both time and money) in the maintenance and upgrades of your business. Suppose you make any changes to a storefront that will not affect the backend. You can upgrade things for the storefront using API.
Using API Supports Multiple Platforms
Using API, you can create the same storefront for multi-platforms. Like for Magento 2 mobile apps, web apps, and different platforms.
You can use the same API on multiple platforms to develop the storefront for any eCommerce website. Unlike other platforms that need to develop a backend for every platform for the same product or service.
How Do APIs Work in Vue Storefront?
In Vue Storefront, APIs are used to access and upload data from the backend eCommerce platform such as Magento 2, WooCommerce, or Shopify. Here’s how APIs work in Vue Storefront:
Vue Storefront makes API requests to retrieve data from the backend eCommerce platform. For example, when a user goes to a product page to select any product. Then Vue Storefront development makes an API request to the backend to retrieve the product data. It can include the product name, description, price, and images.
Vue Storefront also uses APIs to manipulate data in the backend eCommerce platform. For example, when we add a product to the cart. Vue Storefront makes an API request to the backend to update the cart’s content.
Vue Storefront uses APIs to receive real-time updates on the backend eCommerce platform’s data. For example, when a product goes out of stock, the backend eCommerce platform sends an API request to Vue Storefront. Then it updates the product’s availability on the storefront.
Vue Storefront Integration with Magento 2
Vue Storefront to create a storefront view that decouples from the backend using an API. It helps eCommerce businesses with complex themes or errors.
The Magento 2 users felt that the Luma front-end is complex, and people are disappointed while facing the number of bugs in Magento 2 itself.
But the people who already had a solid experience with Vue stated that it was better than working with Luma.
- To set up Vue Storefront with Magento 2, you will need to install and configure the Vue Storefront API. Which acts as the middleware between the front end and the Magento 2 backend. You will also need to configure Magento 2 to allow access to its REST API.
- Vue Storefront is a technology for storefront solutions that can use with various eCommerce platforms including Magento 2 headless commerce.
- When used with Magento 2, Vue Storefront acts as a middleware between the Magento 2 backend and the front end. And it provides a fast and responsive storefront experience for customers.
- Vue Storefront uses Magento 2’s REST API to fetch product data and other information from the backend and caches it in the front end. This allows Vue Storefront integration to provide a fast and smooth browsing experience, even with slow internet connections.
- You can hire Magento developers who are well-skilled in vue.js and who have developed multiple websites based on the Vue storefront architect.
How Vue Storefront Improves Customer Experience Using Magento 2?
- Improved frontend performance: Vue is a lightweight framework that enables the faster rendering of web pages. By integrating Vue with Magento 2, you can improve the performance of your front end.
- Improve page loading speed: Using Core Web Vitals in Vue Storefront, developers can create a fast, reliable, and engaging online shopping experience for their customers.
- Better user experience: Vue is known for its interactive and intuitive UI components. By integrating Vue with Magento 2, you can create a better user experience for your customers.
- Simplified development: Vue Storefront simplifies the Magento 2 development process by providing a clear separation between the view and the data logic. This makes it easier for developers to build and maintain complex frontend components.
- Customizability: Vue Storefront provides a high range of customization. which allows you to design the front end of your Magento 2 store to meet the specific needs of your business.
- Increased productivity: With the Vue Storefront, Magento 2 developers can write less code. And using Vue Storefront developers can achieve the same functionality.
Headless Commerce for Magento 2 can be used as the best combination with Vue Storefront to build modern eCommerce websites. With Magento 2 as the backend and Vue Storefront as the front end. Developers can create fast, responsive, and mobile-friendly websites that are optimized for SEO and can handle large volumes of traffic.