Now the vendors at your CS-Cart Multi-Vendor store can have their own subdomain which can be accessed by the customers directly for purchasing products.
CS-Cart Vendor Subdomain is a splendid extension which allows the seller(s) to create a sub-domain for their products on the Multi-Vendor site. This add-on works along with the default CS-Cart add-ons Vendor Plans and SEO. It permits to create sub-domains at vendor panel as per the vendor plan opted by the vendor. The sellers can insert any keyword into the URL without creating and registering a new website.
NOTE: In order to use this add-on, make sure that the default add-ons Vendor Plans and SEO are installed and active. Also, note that to configure sub-domains you need to make an entry of A-record on your domain using your hosting control panel.
Check a brief overview of the plugin –
Features and Benefits
- The vendor can have their own sub-domain.
- The admin can provide the subdomain feature on the basis of vendor plan opted by the vendor.
- Customers can directly access vendor’s subdomain to purchase vendor’s products.
- Easy to read and identify URLs for vendor ’s sub-domain.
- A seller with sub-domain enabled will have all views on sub-domain. ie; login and all other sessions will be there across the sub-domain.
- Easy to configure and manage at admin end.
How To Upload And Install The Add-on
- After downloading CS-Cart Vendor Subdomain add-on you’ll get the zip file, one install.txt file, and a relevant User Guide manual doc. Read it carefully for proper configuration. Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
now. Read More
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
Add-on installed successfully!
Configuration & Work Flow
Configuration At Admin End-
After add-on installation, navigate to the Vendor Plans under the Vendors tab as shown below.
As the add-on permits to create sub-domains at vendor panel as per the vendor plan opted by the vendor. Click to edit the plan for which you want to allow your sellers to add the subdomain.
There will be an option to allow vendor subdomain for this plan. You can check the box to allow & save as shown below.
The vendor who has opted the plan for which the subdomain is allowed will be able to view an option at vendor panel to set the desired subdomain.
Now let’s see how a vendor can add a subdomain.
Configuration At Vendor End-
After logging in to the vendor panel, the vendor needs to navigate to Vendors tab as shown below.
On his profile page at the backend, he will be able to view the option to set the Vendor Subdomain under the General tab as shown below. So, vendor can enter the desired prefix here for his subdomain.
After the vendor enters and saves his subdomain, this will be disabled at his end as shown below until the store admin reviews and activates this. After activating the vendor subdomain status will become Active.
All the subdomains requested by the vendor will be listed at Admin End. Login to the Admin Panel with the admin credentials and navigate to Website -> Vendor Subdomain as shown below.
Here you can view & manage all the vendor subdomains. There’s an option to add and delete the subdomain as shown below.
Click on the + button to add a new subdomain on behalf of the vendor from admin panel itself.
- Select the vendor from the vendor’s drop-down field. The only vendors who are eligible for setting a subdomain will be available in the drop-down.
- Enter the subdomain prefix.
- Set the status of the subdomain & click on the button provided to add the subdomain.
View At Storefront
The below snapshot represent the view of CS-Cart Vendor Subdomain.
Now, the seller with active sub-domain will have all views on sub-domain. ie; login and all other sessions will be there across the sub-domain.
That’s all for our amazing – Vendor Subdomain Add-on for CS-Cart.
Thank you for reading this! 🙂
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - CS-Cart MVE 4.7.x, 4.8.x, 4.9.x