A point of sale (POS) basically serves as the central point for customer data, sales reporting, and can even manage labor and inventory. Running an online business on any eCommerce platform as well as on the physical store with the common inventory is high-stress and inefficient. Point of sale system connects every part of a business, to simply and efficiently improve the process. Businesses are increasingly adopting POS systems. Selling prices of the products are linked to the product code/Barcode of an item, so the cashier merely needs to scan this code to process a sale.
Point Of Sale (POS) for CS-Cart gives the liberty to manage sales on an online store along with the physical store simultaneously. The assigned sales agent can create the order from his physical store using the POS and the order will be generated & synced with the CS-Cart online store. The physical stores will have their own POS panel for customer and sales management. Admin can create multiple Sales Agent for the physical store to manage POS. The add-on is very useful for increasing the overall revenue by having online stores along with the physical layouts.
Features & Benefits
- Well integrated with both CS-Cart and CS-Cart Multi-vendor.
- Admin can decide agent among the CS-Cart site users, who can access POS system
- Option to list either only POS products or store products or both on POS device. By default, all CS-Cart products are listed in “POS Products”.
- Feature to generate & print the barcodes of CS-Cart Products (In bulk or individually) via admin end. So, Print the barcodes and add the barcodes to your products.
- Configurable settings to set the desired dimensions and prefix for the Barcode.
- Works well with Barcode scanner and thermal printer.
- Functionality to add products to the cart with the barcode scanner.
- Option to add a new product/listing manually via POS system ie; The agent can add the custom product which is not in the inventory into cart directly (A service or a product not available in the current inventory can be added instantly to the system.)
- Works well with product options.
- Functionality to put the cart on hold.
- Option to add a manual discount on the order.
- Functionality to add a new customer via POS device.
- Orders & Inventory synchronization with the online CS-Cart store.
- A magnificent & user-friendly POS frontend view.
- A quick product search option for products by name/SKU.
- Functionality to search for a registered customer by phone number or email.
- Easy to configure and manage at admin end.
Features Added In version 2.0
- Well integrated with CS-Cart Multi-Store Edition. So now you can add POS functionality to multiple stores.
- Works well in Offline Mode. So, Now you can place orders & add new products even when you are not online. The orders & products will synchronize automatically once you are online.
- Supports multicurrency & multi-language. The POS agent can now choose the desired currency and language. This option is available in the agent profile at the POS frontend.
- You can now resume & continue previous sessions.
- Works well with promotion & gift certificate feature. You can now apply the coupons.
- Added the progress bar which works on to products loading after login.
- Added the full-screen mode functionality.
- Lazy loading of the products on scrolling.
How To Upload And Install
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
After add-on installation, we need to configure the settings.
In the add-on settings, There are some general configurable settings along with the settings for the barcode creation. These setting fields include two separate tabs as explained below:
- Barcode Configuration
Configuration settings provide
- An option to set the default category for the newly added product via POS panel. A service or a product if not available in the current inventory can be added instantly to the system for selling under this selected category here.
- An option to set the Payment Method to get a proper mapping of the POS payments for the store invoice. This payment method selected here will be available for the POS orders in the invoices and order details at the backend and frontend.
Barcode Configuration provides various configurable options to generate the product barcodes which includes
- Barcode Source
- Height & Width (in Pixels)
- Barcode Prefix
Save the settings!
How To Assign A POS Agent?
At admin panel, go to Customers -> Administrators (Or Vendor’s Admin in case of CS-Cart Multi-Vendor)
Open the profile of desired Admin/vendor and go to Add-ons tab as shown below. Simply check the box to Allow admin/vendor to use POS, set the language and currency for this POS agent & Save changes.
This is how you can assign the POS agent. You can assign multiple agents to use POS. There is an option to filter out the POS agents only in the search field as shown below.
Lets Now See How to Generate a product Barcode?
CS-Cart Point Of Sale (POS) also provides a feature to generate the product barcode. For that,
- Go to Products list page.
- Select the product(s).
- Click the gear drop-down button on the top right side.
- Click on the Print Barcode option as shown below.
To print barcode of the product individually, Go to Product detail page at the backend. Click the gear drop-down and print the barcode as shown below.
There is an option to list either only POS products or store products or both on POS device on addons section on the product detail page at the backend.
To get the POS frontend panel URL, just add a new SEO rule with the desired name and “wk_pos.manage” as dispatch value as shown below.
Here is the Login panel view of POS. The allowed user can log in to the POS system.
A progress bar appears which works on to products loading. Please check the screenshot below.
All the CS-Cart POS products (as per the product’s settings at admin end) will be loaded at frontend. It will ask for resuming the previous session or start with the new session as shown below.
There is the product search option where you can enter the search keywords and search results will be displayed instantly. Then you can just click on the product to add it to the cart or you can use a barcode scanner to add the product to the cart.
This view is having various buttons and options for various functions. Let’s check the functionality of each button one by one.
Please follow the below snapshot for a better visual understanding. There is an option to put the carton hold and delete the cart.
The top bar of the page contains the
- Search Bar
- Offline order count (if there is any offline order which is not yet synchronized)
- Network Mode Status (Offline or Online)
- Full-Screen Mode Button
- Profile Dropdown with an option to edit profile details and Logout.
The below screenshot displays the Edit Profile Page view. Where the agent can choose the currency and Language of the POS & save.
Button 1 – Add Customer
To select or add the customer. A list of all the CS-Cart customers is available here. You can search the customer from the available list either by contact number or email id and press the fwd button provided against the customer to add.
If the customer is available in the list, then you may add the one at runtime by clicking the “Add Customer” button. There will be a pop-up after you click on the button as shown below. Just enter the name, contact number, and email id to add a guest customer.
Button 2 – Add Product
To add the new products via POS. A service or a product if not available in the current inventory at CS-Cart Backend but is present physically can be added instantly to the system. This will be added to the category selected in the add-on settings.
Button 3 – Barcode Reader
To scan the products to add it to cart. Just scan the barcode and product will be added to cart.
This POS System works well with product options too. So, while adding products to cart, there’s an option to select the desired product option as shown below.
Button 4 – Discount
To apply a manual discount (Either percentage or absolute discount).
Button 5 – Apply Coupon
Just enter the valid coupon code and apply. You can also apply the gift certificate. Please note that
- It supports only three catalog promotions. (Product price, categories, and products)
- In cart promotion, only coupon code supports with order discount.
Button 6 – Quantity changer.
Just select the cart product to change the quantity. Enter the desired product quantity to change.
Button 7 – Orders
To view all the orders list (Online and Offline Separately). There is a view button against each order to view the individual order details as shown below.
All the orders placed in offline mode will be listed here if they are not yet synchronized. Once you are online, all these will be synced automatically & the list here will be empty.
The printed invoice will be as shown below.
Button 8 – View Hold Cart
To view all the carts on hold and resume. Simply press the checkout button to resume the cart. You can also delete the held cart.
Button 9 – Checkout
To proceed towards the checkout. If you have not selected the customer, it will redirect to add customer popup otherwise it will take you to the payment page.
After proceeding with checkout, you will get 2 options for payment. Either cash or Card. In cash payment, you can enter the collected amount and the system will display the change amount as shown below. Just receive the amount, enter the customer note if any and confirm the order.
In the card payment option, just enter the payment comment, customer note and confirm the order.
Orders View & Synchronization
Current Product Version - 2.0
Supported Framework Version - CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.7.x, 4.8.x, 4.9.x