CS-Cart Payment Link For Customer:
Now create an order for a customer at the back end and send them a payment link to complete the payment of the order using splendid add-on CS-Cart Payment Link For Customer. Essentially the payment link would take the shopper directly to the Checkout page, with the order information all filled out (cart items, prices, discounts, shipping options, billing and shipping address, etc.). The only thing the customer would need to do is complete payment via their preferred payment method.
Features & Benefits
- Well integrated with both CS-Cart and CS-Cart Multi-vendor.
- Functionality to send payment link to the customer via custom email.
- Functionality to set custom email template to send to the customer.
- Works well with both Old and New email templates.
- Provides a feature to shorten the long URL.
- A feature to set link expiration time is also provided.
- Functionality to recreate the payment link is also available.
- Easy to configure and manage at admin end.
Updated Features For Version 1.1
- The API used to shorten the URL is now changed from Google API to Firebase Web API.
How To Upload And Install
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
After a successful add-on installation, we need to configure and manage the settings of the add-on.
In Settings, there is an option to :
- Enter the firebase web API key.
- Set the expiration time for the payment link.
- Enter the dynamic link created at firebase API end.
After entering the necessary details, just Save the settings.
How To Get The Firebase Web API key and Dynamic Link?
To get the firebase web API key you need to create a project on firebase, for that you need to go to Firebase Console and create one project and open that project by clicking on it. Once you will create project you will find the project overview from where you will get the firebase web API key as shown in the below snapshots-
Now in order to create a dynamic link, you need to go to Dynamic-Link and follow the below-given steps in snapshots –
How To Set Custom Email Template?
This addon works well for both old and new email templates. Let’s first see how to alter the email content of old email templates.
Custom Email For Old Email Template :
Admin can easily change the text of the email notification which is sent to the customer as an invitation to buy a product or translate it into another language by following these steps:
- Send a test email and copy the text from the message you’d like to change.
- Go to Administration -> Languages -> Translations.
- Enter the text you copied into the Search for pattern field or just type down the variable order_payment_link and click Search. You will find the variables.
- Edit the corresponding language variables in the Value field and click Save.
Custom Email For New Email Template :
For new email templates feature (Starting from version 4.4.1 and above), you can edit language variables under Design -> Email templates -> Customer notifications:
Select the template Order payment invitation to edit and customize it as per your desire.
How To Create & Send Payment Link To Customer?
Go to Orders -> View Orders and click on “+” to create a new order from the backend. If you have discussed all the details with the customer via phone then select the customer & just place an order as shown below.
Note: Please make sure that the order status you choose for creating an order must have an enabled option to pay order again.
After successfully creating the order, Click on Add-ons tab under the order details. There will be an option to Create Link for payment, click on that.
After the successful link creation, there will be an option to –
- Copy the link. You can copy the link & share via any suitable communication.
- Delete the link.
- Send the email as per the custom template. The email template will contain this link.
- Shorten the URL.
So, you can choose the option and proceed to save. This link will get expired after the time period set in the add-on settings. There will be an option to recreate the link after expiration as shown below.
View of the shortened URL :
View of the custom email sent :
How Can The Customer Pay?
Current Product Version - 1.1
Supported Framework Version - 4.9.x, 4.10.x, 4.11.x