CS-Cart Banner Booking:- Now allow anyone to advertise on your CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor store with this splendid add-on CS-Cart Banner Booking. Whoever wishes to display an advertising banner on your store can pay for a specific time period and add the desired banners on the website. Admin can create two different types of ads with Text Banner and Graphics Banner accordingly set the price. Admin can add numerous ads for booking & make them available for the visitors. Functionality to add redirecting URLs to the banners makes the advertisement more effective.
CS-Cart Banner Booking Features
- Advanced back-end options for admin to create an advertisement for any desired time period with suitable price.
- Admin has complete control of the system for setting ads anywhere on the storefront.
- Functionality to add text banners and graphic banner.
- Option to set auto-approval for buying and updating the banner at admin end.
- Works well with new email template. Email Notifications to admin/buyer for every add, edit, update, expiry, reminder, and delete the advertisement.
- Functionality to enable multi-language text and URL for the banner.
- Easy to use and maintain at admin end.
Note for expiry and reminder notifications- it will totally depend on cron.
For cron admin have to use <store_url>?dispatch=wk_banner_ads_booking.banner_ads_cron
How To Upload And Install
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
After add-on installation, we need to configure the settings.
Make the necessary settings as per the below snapshot.
- If Auto-approval options are checked then buyer doesn’t require admin approval to buy and update the booking banners.
- Next option is to allow the buyer to add image (or Text) and URL in multiple languages in the case of multilingual site
- Reminder Days are the numbers of days to notify buyer for ads banner before expiration.
Go To Marketing -> Banner Bookings.
Here the admin can create graphic and text ads that can then be made available for site visitors to book. All the ads will be listed here along with the booking status which can further be edited or deleted. A separate option has been provided to view only the active ads which are booked and verified.
Click on + to add the new advertisement.
Enter the details as per the below snapshot which includes –
- Name & small description of the advertisement which can be helpful for the visitor before booking.
- The position of the advertisement.
- Type of ad ie; Graphic or text.
- If it is a graphic ad, then an option to upload the banner image along with its redirecting URL will be available.
- If it is a text ad, then there will be an option to add text in the description box.
- Booking price for the ad as per the booking terms.
- There are some predefined time slots for booking which includes 15 Days, 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months and 1 Year.
- An option to add a significant number of days for booking is also available in the manual booking term option.
After you create an ad, you should use the Layout editor to add it to the storefront.
Go to Design → Layouts.
Switch to the location where you want the ads to appear, and add a new block for Banner Ads.
Enter the name of the block and select Carousel template.
Go to the Content tab, pick the Manual filling, and click on the Add banner ad button.
You will see the list of all the available ads in your store. Pick the one(s) you need and click on the Add banner ads and close button.
Finally, click on the Create button to save your changes.
There will be the Email notifications for admin and customer on various events. For setting email notification template, go to Design -> Email Templates.
The buyer and Admin will get relevant notifications. Under Customer notifications tab, there is an option to edit and set email templates for the notification of various events which include Buy, delete, expiration, reminder, update) as shown below.
The admin will get mail notifications for the purchase, updation, and expiration of the ads . Under Administrator notifications tab, there is an option to edit and set email templates for the same as shown below.
How Can A Visitor Purchase Banner Location?
The visitor will be able to view an option “Advertisement Booking” where he will be able to view all the banners/ads available for booking.
Here’s the list of available banners. The buyer can add the desired banner to cart and proceed towards the checkout.
After successful purchase, the customer will be able to view his purchased banner under My Advertisement.
Here’s the list of booked ads. If auto approval for the purchased ad is enabled in the addon settings then the status of the booking will be booked approved automatically. The customer can edit and upload the desired banner and set the redirecting URL for the banner. Rest other fields will be un-editable as shown in the below snapshots.
If the booked ad is of Text Type, then the buyer can add desired text and add redirecting URL as well. For Graphic type ad, he can add image and the target URL.
Notice will appear after updating as shown below.
The purchased banners will appear at frontend according to the layout settings done at admin end as shown below.
If the auto-approval is not enabled then the purchased ad will be verified by the admin and then, will get approved. Till then it will remain pending and will not be editable at customer end.
Let’s see how an admin can approve the purchased ad if auto approval is not allowed:
Admin will get notified if the ad is purchased. He then needs to edit the status of the purchased advertisement via admin panel. Admin can approve, deny or cancel the booking along with an option to add the reason for the changed status as shown below.
Admin can also view the booking history under Booking History tab provided as shown below.
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - CS-Cart & CS-Cart Multi Vendor 4.9.x, 4.8.x, 4.7.x