CS-Cart Auction: Now convert your CS-Cart eCommerce site into an Auction website with the splendid add-on CS-Cart Auction. By enabling Auction in CS-Cart, both admin and vendor can create the auction.
Buyers can bid for the product. Admin/vendor can monitor all the bids happening at any particular auction product. The highest bidder will automatically be the auction winner and will then be able to purchase the auction product.
In the video below check the brief overview of how it works:
- Functionality to enable auction on any desired product.
- The concept of Email notification has been provided for the bidder, auctioneer and outbid buyer.
- The functionality to hide the add to cart button and price details from listed auctioned products is available at the backend.
- Functionality to set auto increment in bid value after each bid is available.
- The option to define the winner of a particular product can be managed manually/automatically as per the admin’s configuration.
- The option to set the Email layout is available at the admin end (Available if Old Email Template Mode is being used at the store.)
- Functionality to set Minimum Bid Win Product Price, Starting Product Price and Incremental Price.
- Admin can set auction start & ending time.
- Count-down timer on the product page to give the real auction experience.
- Admin can see all the auction bidders in real-time.
- The top bidder will be declared winner automatically as the timer stops.
- Store owners can also enable or disable the Automatic Bid option
- Very user-friendly both at the backend and front end.
Updated Features For Version 2.0
- Option to display the auction history at the user end based on the admin’s configuration.
- Admin can set the limit for the display of auction history at the user end.
- Enable/disable the display of the auction winner at the front end based on admin settings.
- A separate tab is provided at the front end to view the history of an auction.
- **The option to delete the bidding user has been provided at the admin end.
- Better representation of view at both the backend and frontend.
- **A separate “bid history” panel is provided on the product page where users can view the current history of bidding.
**Discontinued from version 3.0
Updated Features For Version 3.1
- Well, Integrated with CS-Cart Multivendor.
- The vendor can also add & view the Auction.
- Enhanced & user-friendly backend view.
- The auction countdown timer is available at the backend as well.
- Automatic scheduling of future auctions.
- A countdown timer for scheduled auctions at the backend as well as at the front end.
- Admin/Vendor would not be able to reschedule an active state auction product until the product goes to the complete state.
Updated Features For Version 4.0
- The auction will auto-start if product quantity is available.
- The admin can set a time in which if somebody is bidding, the bidding end time should auto increment by N minutes.
- Admin can declare the winner to the particular customer.
- Add the wallet system.
- The deducted amount will be auto-credited to the outer bidder’s wallet if the winner is declared.
- Admin can choose the particular store-front to create an auction.
- Enable/Disable auction when the product is out of stock.
- If the winner does not purchase the auction product then It will be auto-assigned to the second winner or disabled or restarted.
- Enable/Disable bidder to bid more than one auction on the store.
- Set the maximum quantity of product to buy the auction winner.
- Set bid price increment rule for auction
How To Upload And Install
- When you download the CS-Cart Auction Add-on you’ll get one zip file, one install.txt file, and a relevant User Guide manual doc. Read it carefully for proper configuration. Go to Manage Add-ons, and click on the Settings icon > Manual Installation as shown below in the snapshot.
Development Company Find out More
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
Once the addon is installed successfully, we need to configure the settings of the addon.
In General Settings, there is an option to :
- Bid History Limit: Enter the number of entries to be displayed as bid history.
- Max Auction Bid Limit: Set the max limit for the user to bid on the store.
- Max Purchasing Days Limit: Set the day limit to purchase the product after winning the auction.
- Mail to last: Set the number of last bidders to send email notification of the current bid.
- Show Auction Winner: Check the box to show auction winner to other bidders.
- Show Auction Products Price: Click on the check box to enable to show auction products price to bidder.
- Enable automatic bid: Enable automatic bid option to bidder
- Display Message to Winner: Display a winnig message to bidder after winning the bid
- Auction product status when the product sold or winner declare: Check the box to hide the product when that product is purchased by the winner.
- Show Bidder Name: Set how the bidder name will be displayed at front end ie; First three character of name, Full Name, Email id if name empty
Let’s see how to configure & add the products for auction. Go to Products ->> Auction as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on + to add a new Auction.
In General Tab, there are a few mandatory fields which need to be filled for the new auction which includes :
- Auction Product – Select the product for auction from the available products.
- Starting Product Price- Set Starting product price for the auction.
- Reserve Price- Set the reserve price (ie; the price at which the winner will be declared) for the auction.
- Incremental Price – Enter the minimum incremental price for the next bid.
- Incremental Type – Select the incremental type
- Strat Bidding Date – Set the date & time to start the auction.
- Ending Bidding Date- Set the last date and time to end the auction.
- Set Before Expire Time – Set a time in which if somebody is bidding, the bidding end time should auto increment by N minutes. Set 0 for not increase the expiry time
- End Bid Time – The bidding end time should auto increment by N minutes.
- Max quantity- Set the maximum quantity of product to buy the auction winner – Set 0 for no limit
- Enable Reserve Price- Select Enable to show the reserve price to the customers.
- Auto Restart – Auction will auto-start if product quantity has available.
- auction when the product is out of stock.
- Not Purchasing Actions – Choose the option if the auction winner does not purchase the product.
- Winner Not Declared Actions – Choose the action if auction winner is not declared
- Restart Time – The time after which auction will restart if winner is not declared
- Set the status (Active/Disabled) of this auction –
Add the wallet system
The admin can enable/disable the wallet.
Note: If you enable the wallet in the auction then the amount would be accepted only by the wallet.
Add the store
The admin can choose the particular storefront to create an auction.
After that, admin can see the bid history:
Next Email Templates Tab will be available if you are using the Old Email Template Mode. For the New Email Template Mode, email templates will be managed as per the new e-mail template feature.
The same feature to set the notification templates for various events as provided in the add-on settings is provided here as well for the Old Email Template Mode.
If you want to change the Email-template setting from Old Email Template Mode to New Email Template Mode then go to Setting ->> Appearance and then change the setting from here for email- template mode as shown below in the snapshots.
Next tab is for Bid History, where all the bidding history will be listed. At the time of auction creation, this field will be empty but after the creation of auction it will show the time count down as shown below.
This is how the added Auction will be listed along with the current auction status and will be visible at the backend.
Use Cron Job for declaring the winner
While the auction is complete it will declare the winner and the winner not purchase so it declare the second winner.
Front End View
At the front end, there is an eye-catching view of the product available for bidding. A countdown timer, adds the additional charm to the product detail page as shown below. The bidder will be able to view the current bid amount and the reserve price and accordingly can enter the amount and make a bid.
For scheduled auction as well, there will be a timer displaying the countdown to start the auction.
A bidder can view his bid history in the My bid Section provided in My Account as shown below.
The customer will be able to view the status of the Auctions he participated in. Win status will display the results after auction completion as shown in the below snapshots.
- If a customer is Winner, he will be able to view Add to Cart button for that particular auction.
- If he has purchased the product he will see the win status as Claimed along with the corresponding order id of purchase.
- On losing the auction, there will be a sorry message as shown below in the snapshot.
- For a running deal, the customer will be able to view his last bid amount with a Running status.
Enable Automatic Bid:
If you have enabled the automatic bid, then you will find a new button called “Automatic Bid,” as shown in the image.
Once you click on the automatic bid, it will automatically add your bid.
After that, you can check the bid in the bid history:
Back End View
Admin/Vendor will be able to view the bid history in the Edit mode of the auction. A countdown timer will be available at the backend for both the running bid and the scheduled bid as shown below.
For Running Bid:
For scheduled bid:
Auction Users will be listed as per the below screenshot.
Once the auction process is completed, the auction winner will be declared automatically. The highest bidder will be the winner only if his bidding amount is greater than the reserve price.
The auction will remain pending if the winner has not yet purchased the product. Only the winner will be able to view Add to Cart button for that particular auction product.
Admin has the functionality to change the winner manually as well. The winner will then be notified via email with the same email content as the automatically declared winner was notified.
Once the winner has purchased the product the Auction status will get changed to Completed and corresponding order id will be displayed as shown below.
That’s all for the Cs-Cart Auction, still, have any issue, feel free to write here http://webkul.uvdesk.com and let us know your views to make the module better.
Current Product Version - 4.3
Supported Framework Version - 4.14.x - 4.17.x