CS-Cart Auction: Now convert your CS-Cart eCommerce site into an Auction website with the splendid add-on CS-Cart Auction. By enabling Auction in CS-Cart, both admin and vendor can create the auction. Buyers can bid for the product. Admin/vendor can monitor all the bids happening at any particular auction product. The highest bidder will automatically be the auction winner and will then be able to purchase the auction product.
- Functionality to enable auction on any desired product.
- The concept of Email notification has been provided for the bidder, auctioneer and outbid buyer.
- Functionality to hide add to cart button and price details from listed auctioned products is available at the backend.
- Functionality to set auto increment in bid value after each bid is available.
- Option to define winner of a particular product can be managed manually/automatically as per the admin’s configuration.
- Option to set Email layout is available at admin end (Available if Old Email Template Mode is being used at the store.)
- Functionality to set Minimum Bid Win Product Price, Starting Product Price and Incremental Price.
- Admin can set auction start & ending time.
- Count-down timer on the product page to give the real auction experience.
- Admin can see all the auction bidders in real time.
- The top bidder will be declared winner automatically as the timer stop.
- Very user-friendly both at backend and frontend.
Updated Features For Version 2.0
- Option to display the auction history at user end based on admin’s configuration.
- Admin can set the limit for the display of auction history at the user end.
- Enable/disable the display of auction winner at frontend based on admin settings.
- A separate tab is provided at frontend to view the history of an auction.
- **Option to delete the bidding user has been provided at admin end.
- Better representation of view at both backend and frontend.
- **Separate “bid history” panel is provided at product page where users can view the current history of bidding.
**Discontinued from version 3.0
Updated Features For Version 3.1
- Well Integrated with CS-Cart Multivendor.
- The vendor can also add & view the Auction.
- Enhanced & user-friendly backend view.
- Auction countdown timer is available at the backend as well.
- Automatic scheduling of future auction.
- A countdown timer for scheduled auction at the backend as well as at frontend.
- Admin/Vendor would not be able to reschedule an active state auction product until the product goes to the complete state.
How To Upload And Install
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
Once the addon is installed successfully, we need to configure the settings of the addon.
In General Settings, there is an option to :
- Enter the number of entries to be displayed as bid history.
- Set the number of last bidders to send email notification of the current bid.
- Check the box to show auction winner to other bidders.
- Check the box to hide the product when that product is purchased by the winner.
- Set how the bidder name will be displayed at front end ie; First three character of name, Full Name, Email id if name empty
Click on Email Setting for notification template. A feature to set the notification templates on below-mentioned events is provided.
- Email Template for Current Bidder.
- Template for Auction Winner.
- For the previous bidder.
- For Admin when highest bid is less than ‘Minimum Bid To Win’
- Email to all bidders, Admin, and vendor when the auction ends.
Let’s see how to configure & add the products for auction. Go to Products ->> Auction as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on + to add a new Auction.
In General Tab, there are a few mandatory fields which need to be filled for the new auction which includes :
- Select the product for auction from the available products.
- Set Starting product price for the auction.
- Set the reserve price (ie; the price at which the winner will be declared) for the auction.
- Enter the minimum incremental price for the next bid.
- Set the date & time to start the auction.
- Set the last date and time to end the auction.
- Select Enable to show the reserve price to the customers.
- Set the status (Active/Disabled) of this auction.
Next Email Templates Tab will be available if you are using the Old Email Template Mode. For the New Email Template Mode, email templates will be managed as per the new email template feature.
The same feature to set the notification templates for various events as provided in the add-on settings is provided here as well for the Old Email Template Mode.
If you want to change the Email-template setting from Old Email Template Mode to New Email Template Mode then go to Setting ->> Appearance and then change the setting from here for email- template mode as shown below in the snapshots.
Next tab is for Bid History, where all the bidding history will be listed. At the time of auction creation, this field will be empty but after the creation of auction it will show the time count down as shown below.
This is how the added Auction will be listed along with the current auction status and will be visible at the backend.
Front End View
At the front end, there is an eye-catching view of the product available for bidding. A countdown timer, adds the additional charm to the product detail page as shown below. The bidder will be able to view the current bid amount and the reserve price and accordingly can enter the amount and make a bid.
For scheduled auction as well, there will be a timer displaying the countdown to start the auction.
A bidder can view his bid history in the My bid Section provided in My Account as shown below.
The customer will be able to view the status of the Auctions he participated in. Win status will display the results after auction completion as shown in the below snapshots.
- If a customer is Winner, he will be able to view Add to Cart button for that particular auction.
- If he has purchased the product he will see the win status as Claimed along with the corresponding order id of purchase.
- On losing the auction, there will be a sorry message as shown below in the snapshot.
- For a running deal, the customer will be able to view his last bid amount with a Running status.
Back End View
Admin/Vendor will be able to view the bid history in the Edit mode of the auction. A countdown timer will be available at the backend for both the running bid and the scheduled bid as shown below.
For Running Bid:
For scheduled bid:
Auction Users will be listed as per the below screenshot.
Once the auction process is completed, the auction winner will be declared automatically. The highest bidder will be the winner only if his bidding amount is greater than the reserve price.
The auction will remain pending if the winner has not yet purchased the product. Only the winner will be able to view Add to Cart button for that particular auction product.
Admin has the functionality to change the winner manually as well. The winner will then be notified via email with the same email content as the automatically declared winner was notified.
Once the winner has purchased the product the Auction status will get changed to Completed and corresponding order id will be displayed as shown below.
Current Product Version - 3.1
Supported Framework Version - 4.8.x, 4.9.x, 4.10.x