Odoo POS Rental Management, rent products, and increase your ROI!
Odoo POS Rental Management- Many users visit other towns and cities for a short period, and for that, they require some items which are necessary for them.
But, buying them will cost too much money, and they only require it for a short period. Once over, either the products need to be sold or carry them.
By renting products, they can save both money and resources. In addition, they can afford luxury products. They don’t have to carry them with them whenever they leave the place.
Further, if a customer returns a product before the due date, they will get a refund for the product before the time. The system should also ask for security for costly items
now. Read More
Odoo POS Rental Management lets you offer products to customers through your existing POS. Also, you can configure the time, price, security, and products that customers can rent from the backend.
In addition, the customer can pay the rent amount partially. And later on, the customer can pay the remaining amount. And you can validate the payment.
- The module provides the structure to manage the rental business from POS.
- The POS users can rent and track products in running POS Sessions.
- Now create rental products in Odoo. You can manage the product pricing of the rentals on a daily and weekly basis.
- You can choose simple pricing mechanisms for every product.
- Manage prices of rental products using appropriate UOM.
- You can create UOM such as day(s), week(s), month(s), and year(s) for your products.
- Use the UOM to set rental prices for your products.
- You can add a security amount for each product.
- Security amount is refundable when the user returns the product.
- You can create and save standard tenures for each product in POS.
- You can then use these tenures while creating rental orders for the customers.
- While creating rental orders, you can choose Standard Tenure.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_rental_management.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_rental_management.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Go to ‘Settings,’ choose ‘Point of Sale’ and locate ‘Rental Security Product’ and choose the desired product for security by clicking the arrow next to it (remember that only service-based products can be added as security). And save the Change with the ‘Save’ button.
2. Now, go to ‘Point of sale’ and on the home page tap the (three-dot) of the POS session to open its settings.
3. On the page, go to ‘Pricing’ and tick the checkbox next to ‘Allow Partial Payment’ (Only if you want) and save the changes with the ‘Save’ button.
4. Now, go to ‘Products’ inside the ‘Products’ menu and open any product, click the ‘Edit’ button to make changes.
5. Check the box next to ‘Available for Rent.’ When you check the available for rent box, it will add a ‘Rental’ column in the below section.
6. Go to the ‘Rental’ section, Click ‘Add a Line’ and fill in the details as required. You can choose four UOM (Day(s), Month(s), Week(s), and Year(s)).
7. Add ‘Security Amount’ after checking the box next to ‘Is Security Amount Required’ and save the changes by the ‘Save’ button.
8. Next, go to ‘Rental Products’ in the ‘Products’ menu. And open a product.
Rental Products- It will show all those products which customers can rent.
9. Once you configure the settings and changes, Go to the POS. After adding rental products, the POS will look like below.
10. Now, choose a product you want to rent. The popup will ask the ‘Rent Configuration,’ where it will ask you for the days, weeks, months, or years you want to rent the product.
11. Now either fill the ‘Tenure Count’ OR select the ‘Start Date’ and ‘End Date’ and then click the ‘Proceed’ button to add the item in the POS.
12. Once you select a product with security, the system will automatically add the security service to the POS.
13. On the payment page, click on the ‘Customer’ button to open the customers’ list.
14. Choose any customer, click the ‘Set Customer’ button to select the customer.
15. Choose the payment option (Cash or Bank), enter the payment amount, and validate the bill by the ‘Validate’ button.
16. After Validation, the system will generate the invoice for rent.
17. Go to ‘Products’ > ‘Rented Products’ to see the list of all the products that have been rented out.
Rental Products- This section will show all those products which customers have already rented.
18. Go to ‘Rental Order’ under the ‘Order’ menu to view all the rental orders. You can click on any order to view all its details.
PRODUCT RETURN IN POS
19. In the POS, click on the ‘Rented Product Lists’ to open the rented product page.
20. Now, select any product and click on the ‘Return/Refund’ button.
21. In the popup box, fill the ‘Refund Security Amount’ (if any), ‘Extra Refund Amount,’ and lastly, ‘Deduction Amount’ and tap the ‘Return’ button.
Refund Security Amount- Here you have to add the security amount (if any) which you have charged from the customer.
Extra Refund Amount- Through here you can return the extra amount in case the customer has returned the product before the rent period ended.
Deduction Amount- This will contain any other amount which you have to return (Extra payment, or any other payment).
22. After return, you will land on the ‘Refund’ Page. Enter the return amount after selecting the mode of payment (Cash or Bank) can click ‘Validate.’
23. The generated return invoice will look like the one shown below.
OTHER POS MODULES
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - V15, V14