Today we will learn how we can check the Schema of Objects in Salesforce. In Salesforce Objects are used to store data. Objects work similar to tables. A object contains fields and records. The Fields are used like columns and The Records are used like rows in a database. An Object may be link to the other objects, means an object may use data of other objects same like we relate one table to others by using primary and foreign keys.
Two types of Objects are used in Salesforce as followed:
- Standard Objects : These are those objects, provided by salesforce by default. We can use those objects to store the data like :
- Orders Object :- We can store the order related information into this object, like Contract Id, Account Id, Order Date, Status, Billing Address and Shipping Address also.
- Products Object :- Product related details we can store into this object like product name, code and description.
- Account Object :- We can store Organization related data in this object, An account can have multiple Contact Object data.
- Custom Objects : These Objects are created by users, you can create these type of object to store the information according to your need. Basically these objects are used to extend the functionality of standard objects.
Salesforce Company ? Read More
Object’s Fields can also be categorize into two type :
- Standard Fields
- Custom Fields
In salesforce, the fields of one objects can to used into other objects. An Unique Id is provided to each record of an Objects.
Object’s Schema And Relationship Among Their Fields
To check the object schema follow these steps:
Step 1: Firstly login to your salesforce account.
Step 2: After login Search for the Schema Builder from search box.
Step 3: Check the checked box from the object’s list on left side.
Step 4: now you can see the object’s schema and relationship among their fields with other objects.