Progressive Web Application (PWA) provides an excellent approach towards the improvement of the online user experience on the store in E-commerce.
It’s led to an increase in the engagement of the user and hence, increases the revenue generation of the store.
The PWA uses web compatibility to provide the users of PWA an app-like experience. The app was developed by web technology.
now. Read More
Importance of Ecommerce PWA
Let’s have a look at Why Ecommerce PWAs are essential?
Nowadays, a major chunk of customers uses their mobile for browsing through the store for shopping. So the webstore owner needs to focus on that part of the customer group.
On the other hand, many customers from the mobile user group avoid downloading the app at the start when they are ordering for the first time from any e-commerce site.
The reason behind that, the native application needs more space in their respective devices, which sometimes creates problems for them.
On the other hand, if the store owner has a PWA for e-commerce store, then it can act like a native application for the user without requiring much space.
In comparison to native apps, the PWAs are faster and also work in poor network connections.
When to Develop Ecommerce PWA
There are some cases by which the store owner will get to know when they need to develop a PWA for their webstore:
- The store owner who has just started their online store or is new to the e-commerce business.
- In case, the store owner can see a decrease in the growth of the conversion rate on their website.
- The store owner wants to develop a native app for their webstore to increase revenue, but they are on a tight budget.
- To provide a great browsing experience for the mobile user.
- Focus on mobile users as their numbers are more.
- The store owner doesn’t want to publish their app on the store.
Prerequisite to Build Ecommerce PWA
Below are some points which need to be followed before developing PWA for a webstore:
I. Create an app shell
An application shell (or app shell) architecture is one way to build a Progressive Web App that instantly loads on your user’s screens, similar to what the user sees in native applications.
With the help of an app shell, the PWA perform fast with high performance.
This element is essential for an application with dynamic content and relatively constant navigation.
II. Service Worker
A Service Worker helps the Progressive Web Application to work in offline mode or poor internet connection, so it is such a main component which PWA should include.
This network script keeps scanning the system, and it determines where it should download content – from the cache or server.
Note- HTTPS server is needed to implement it.
III. Manifest file
The manifest file contains all the relevant data about the PWA such as the splash screen. The splash screen appears at the loading time of the application which the user will able to see.
It is also used to add the description of the PWA, PWA name, application icon, etc.
IV. Push Notification
To make the PWA similar to the native application, it’s worth enabling the push notification into it. It helps a lot to attract more users and also helps to retain the existing ones.
The service worker and Push API is the main factor behind the functioning of push notification.
Benefits of Having PWA of a Webstore
The PWA is beneficial for the store owner in the following ways:
- Easy to Access- The big advantage of PWA is that it is easily accessible for anyone using the web browser. The users don’t need to download the PWA from the Store, which eliminates an extra step for users.
- HTTPS- It secures the data transferred between the browser and the website.
- Offline Mode- The user of PWA can surf the web store in a poor internet connection or even in offline mode.
- Browser Compatible- The PWA provides the users with optimal experience across all existing browsers.
- Speed- It uses advanced caching and making use of local device storage, which leads the PWA to perform at high speed.
- Flexibility- The PWA serves perfectly on various devices, such as mobile and tablets.
- Native Feel- The PWAs can interact with the backend of an e-commerce store through API calls so that it can provide a much sleeker experience.
- Always Up-to-date- The users do not need to update the PWA by themselves as the PWA updates automatically.
- Easy to Develop- The PWAs are cheaper, faster, and easier to development in comparison to native apps.
- Indexable: The Progressive Web Application has indexable and shareable URLs.
How to Develop Ecommerce PWA
To make the PWA development easy for the webstore, the store owner can use below extensions:
- If the store owner wants to develop PWA for a Magento 2 store, then they can use Webkul Magento 2 PWA or Webkul headless Magento 2 PWA
- In case, the store owner is having the webstore on Opencart. then can use Webkul Opencart PWA
- For the stores on the WooCommerce platform, the admin can use Webkul WooCommerce PWA
- If the admin has their store on the Prestashop platform, then they can use Webkul Prestashop PWA
- For the stores on the CS-Cart platform, the Webkul CS-Cart PWA will help to develop the PWA for the store.
If you are having any queries or need more information, please contact webkul.uvdesk.com