WooCommerce POS Customer Screen will help the customer to visualize the checkout screen. Thus, allowing to help the customer to verify the cart before final products.
The customer screen works in synchronization with the POS agent screen. However, the projected screen is connected with the POS without any special physical device like POS/IoT Box. The system allows the customer to validate the products, discount, order total, and all the other cart functions.
WooCommerce POS Customer Cart Screen is an add-on of WooCommerce POS. Therefore, you must have installed the WooCommerce POS Plugin in the first place. The installed WooCommerce POS version must be 3.5* and above.
Check the Workflow at POS Terminal:
- Adds secondary customer-Facing Screen to WooCommerce POS.
- Show WooCommerce POS Cart on a secondary WooCommerce POS Customer Display.
- Show Order Details that are products, discounts, and the amount total on the POS Customer Cart Screen.
- The WooCommerce POS Cart Screen Show Order Details to the Customer.
- No Physical Connection or POSBox is required to launch the secondary screen.
- Thus, a separate WooCommerce POS Customer screen can be launched for each POS Outlet.
- Each POS Outlet can have different configurations for its secondary screen.
The user will get a zip file which he has to upload in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel.
For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and Under the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option. This brings out a Sub-Menu and then selects the “Add New” option.
Woocommerce Company ? Read More
After this, you will see an option on the top of your page that is “Upload Plugin”, click the option to upload the zip file.
Then click on the “Upload Plugin” option, below that you will see a button “Choose File” click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the snapshot below.
Post browsing the file, click the “Install Now” button to install the plugin as per the snapshot.
Now, when the plugin is installed correctly, you will see the success message. Additionally, an option to activate the plugin.
Click on “Activate Plugin” to activate the installed plugin.
To know how to translate the module, you can click here.
Flush Rewrite Rules
The admin has to flush the permalink by navigating to Settings > Permalinks so that the links to the POS store works correctly.
Store Owner- Configuration
Post successful installation the admin can configure the customer screen by navigating -Point Of Sale>Outlet>(edit an Outlet)>Customer Cart Screen.
The store owner can specify multiple values in the section-
- Heading– The title of the page that the customer will view.
- Sub-heading– A sub-title giving an idea about the POS.
- Description– The details about the POS system which will be visible to the customer.
- Slideshow Images– The images which customer will view related to the store owner business.
Now lets see the customer end experience when POS agent is processing checkout.
Thus, by navigating the Menu section>Customer Cart in the POS the sales agent can enable the other view for the customer. Herein, two URL is created as the sales agent clicks on this option.
Note– The generated URL can be added on same browser.
The customer on the other hand can view the same products, order total, and discount.
POS Sales Agent end
Whereas the sales agent can see the Cart page in the POS system as in the image below. The customer end and the POS Sales agent end here remain synchronized in real-time to reflect the changes.
That is, any change done by sales agent in the POS is reflected on customer screen as well,.
That’s all for the WooCommerce POS Customer Screen. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the extension then you can get back to us at webkul.uvdesk.com.
Current Product Version - 5.5
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0