Multi-Vendor Marketplace for Shopify is now up with another shipping add-on: ShipStation.
What is ShipStation?
ShipStation is a web-based, multi-carrier shipping solution for ecommerce retailers. Designed to streamline the fulfillment process.
This feature will allow you to ship your goods via multiple carrier shipping methods. Moreover, you can automatically generate shipping labels.
ShipStation feature app is available only with the Multivendor Pro Plan ($45/month). Moreover, you need to enable the Shipping add-on (free) from the ‘feature apps’ section of the app.
Above all, access to Shipping requires your Shopify store to be on the plan that supports Real-Time Carrier-Calculated Shipping.
Also, you can enabled only one shipping method within ShipStation to calculate the shipping rates.
This feature will have an additional charge of USD 15 per month over & above your current Multivendor Marketplace plan.
SHIPSTATION SHIPPING FEATURE APP IS AVAILABLE BOTH FOR RATE CALCULATION & FULFILLMENT.
The admin needs to visit the multi-vendor marketplace admin panel > click on the three dots > click on the feature apps. Further, enable the ShipStation feature app.
Furthermore, agree & approve the charges:
Configuration: Admin End
Firstly, the admin needs to enable this shipping method from the shipping configuration. So, for this, visit:
Multivendor marketplace admin panel > configuration > shipping configuration.
Click on the three dots under the Action menu & further, click on enable.
Note: Kindly choose only those shipping services which you need. Don’t keep all the services selected otherwise it creates delay to retrieve shipping rates at the storefront.
Moving on, the admin needs to configure the ShipStation shipping method. So, for this, either click on Configure Shipping or go to multi vendor marketplace admin panel > configuration > ShipStation Configuration. Refer:
On the following page, configure the following details:
- Sandbox Mode: If you want to test the functionality of this shipping method, keep the sandbox mode enabled. Remember, shipping labels won’t be generated in testing mode.
- Automatic shipping label generation: By enabling this, the shipping label will be automatically generated at the tie of order fulfillment.
- Usage as: Select whether you want to use shipstation for fulfillment or both fulfillment & shipment.
- Allow seller to configure their own shipstation account: In case you select fulfillment, you can let sellers add their details & fulfill instead of yourself adding the details.
- Choose a country on the basis of your ShipStation account: You have the option to choose from Canada, Australia, United States & United Kingdom.
- ShipStation API key: Enter API key provided by ShipStation.
- ShipStation Secret key: Enter the Secret key provided by ShipStation.
- Carrier Code: After entering all the keys, click on ‘Get Carrier Code’ & you’ll get another option called CHOOSE SHIPPING SERVICE CODE FOR ORDER FULFILLMENT. After selecting this shipping service code & saving the settings, the carrier code will be auto-generated.
- Package: Choose the package type for order fulfillment & shipping.
- Shipping label cost is borne by: Choose who will bear the shipping label charges, the admin, or the seller. (This is an extra cost apart from what the customer has paid.)
Set Shipping Method For Sellers:
The admin can further set the shipping methods for his sellers.
Go to multi vendor marketplace admin panel > Sellers > Seller Listing > Edit (under Action).
On the edit seller page, the admin will have the following block from where he can enable/disable/set as default:
Further, the admin can view all the sellers which are using this shipping method by going to multi vendor marketplace admin panel > configuration > Shipping Configuration:
The redirected page:
Here, clicking on the ‘Edit’ button for a particular seller will redirect you to the ‘Edit Seller’ page from where you can disable the following shipping method for that seller (as shown previously in this blog).
Make Shipping Address Phone Number Mandatory
To use this feature add-on, the admin needs to make the Shipping address phone number mandatory at the time of checkout.
So, to do this, go to Shopify Backend > Settings > Checkout > Under Form Options, make Shipping address phone number as Required:
Configuration: Seller End
Further, the seller can configuration ShipStation from his panel.
Go to multi vendor marketplace seller panel > configuration > shipping configuration> enable the shipping:
Furthermore, the seller can set the shipping method as by-default so that every single product created by him will have ShipStation as the by-default shipping method.
Clicking on ‘Set As Default‘ will give you the following dialogue box:
In case the admin has allowed the sellers to add their details:
The seller will have this drop-down menu:
And further add these details:
Set Default Shipping Method For Products
- For all products (old and new)
- Only for new products
- For products that don’t have any shipping method on
If not this, the seller can set the shipping method on individual products while adding/editing them.
So, go to Multi-vendor marketplace seller panel > Products >Product Listing > Add/Edit the Product:
Further, click on the Global Configuration menu:
So, from here, the seller can do the SHIPPING PACKET CONFIGURATION:
NOTE: It is mandatory to add product weight while creating one.
Shopify Store Frontend
Likewise, the customer will have an option to select the shipping method as per configured from the backend after entering the information:
Shipping Label Generation
Seller will have an option to generate the shipping label from their seller panel. Also, shipping labels can only be generated for fulfilled orders.
Fulfilling order via ShipStation:
Go to Multi-vendor marketplace seller panel > Orders > Order Listing > View (under Action). Select the method of order fulfillment as ShipStation and fulfill the order. As soon as the order will be fulfilled, the shipping label will be automatically downloaded.
Moreover, if you again want to download the shipping label, go to ADDITIONAL ORDER DETAILS, click on Actions > Print Shipping Label:
Furthermore, this is how the shipping label will be downloaded in pdf form:
Lastly, you can drop your query/suggestion at [email protected] or create your ticket at Webkul UV Desk
Leave a Comment