Opencart Quotation Cart System will allow the customers to request a quote for the admin’s products. The customers will be able to quote the products easily and the admin can allow to show the add to cart button along with the add to quote button.
Also, the admin can add a quote on behalf of the customers from the back-end. Various notification emails are also sent from quote request to approval and cancellation of the quote.
1. This module supports all templates and themes including the Journal theme.
2. Opencart Quotation Cart System supports the Multi-Store feature of default Opencart.
Check the plugin workflow –
Features- Opencart Quotation Cart System
- The customers will be able to request a quote for the products.
- The admin can also make a quote request for the customers from the back-end.
- Customers can add comments while submitting a quote request.
- Also, customers can add their requested price for the quotation product.
- Admin can approve the requested price of the customer.
- Allow showing the add to cart button, quote the product or both for the products.
- Also, the admin can set the quotation terms & conditions.
- Approval mail to admin/customer when a quotation approves.
- Cancellation mail to the customer when he/she cancels a quotation or when the admin cancels the quotation.
- Also, cancellation mail to admin when a customer cancels the quotation.
Installation- Opencart Quotation Cart System
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system.
After the above step, the admin needs to navigate to System->Users->User Groups->Administrator(Click the edit button). Also, select all for “Access Permission” and “Modify Permission” and then tap the save button.
Admin – Configuration
After the successful installation of the Opencart Quotation Cart System, navigate through Extensions-> Modules->Quotation Cart System and click on the edit button next to the module to open a page with settings.
Here you will see two tabs –
Under the General tab, the admin will configure the module settings by –
- Selecting the Status – Enable or Disable as per need.
- Select Customer Groups – Select the customer groups that will be able to see and use the quotation. also, uncheck all customer groups to allow visibility and usage for all of the customers.
- Hide Price of the Only Quote Product – Enable to hide the price of a product that is only allowed to add to the quote else select disabled.
- Select the Time Zone – Set the default time zone for the extension.
- Terms and Conditions – Also, set the Terms & Conditions applied for the quotation request.
Under the Mail tab, the admin will configure the various emails that sent at different events –
- Quotation request Mail to Admin(Requested by Admin) –
Select a mail to send to admin when a quotation is requested by the admin.
- Quotation Request Mail To Admin (Requested By Customer) –
Select a mail to send to admin when a quotation is requested by the customer.
- Quotation Request Mail To Customer (Requested By Admin) –
Select a mail to send to the customer when a quotation is sent to the customer by the admin.
- Quotation Request Mail To Customer (Requested By Customer) –
Select a mail to send to the customer when a quotation is requested by him/her.
- Cancellation Mail To Admin (Cancelled By Admin) –
Select a mail to send to admin when admin cancels a quotation.
- Cancellation Mail To Admin (Cancelled By Customer) –
Select a mail to send to admin when a customer cancels a quotation.
- Cancellation Mail To Customer (Cancelled By Admin) –
Select a mail to send to the customer when the admin cancels a quotation.
- Cancellation Mail To Customer (Cancelled By Customer) –
Select a mail to send to the customer when he/she cancels a quotation.
- Approval Mail To Admin –
Select a mail to send to admin when a quotation is approved.
- Approval Mail To Customer –
Select a mail to send to the customer when a quotation is approved.
- Order Mail to Admin –
Set a mail to send to the admin when a quotation is submitted to order.
- Order Mail To Customer –
Set a mail to send to the customer when a quotation is submitted to order.
Adding Quote to Products
Adding Quote to a New Product –
Click on the add new product button on the top right-hand side in the image above. Now, the page that comes up, navigate to the Quotation tab.
Under the Quotation tab –
- Quotation Text
Enter the quotation text that is visible on the product page in the place of the price of the product.
- Allow Only Quote
Here, select “Yes” to only apply the Add To Quote button to the product. Else, if you want to add the Add to Cart button along with it then select “No“.
Select “Enable” to use this product for quote else select “Disable” to disable the quote for the product.
Now, when the above configuration wherein – Allow Only Quote is selected as Yes and status as Enabled, on the product page you can see the Add To Quote button and the Quotation Text as shown below in the snapshot.
Also, when the configuration for Allow Only Quote is selected as “No“ with the status as Disabled, then on the product page you can see the Add To Quote button and the Quotation Text as shown below in the snapshot.
Lastly, if the configuration for Allow Only Quote is selected as “No“ with the status as Enabled, then on the product page you can see the Add To Quote button and the Add To Cart button as shown below in the snapshot.
Workflow at the Front-end
On the product page, the customers will see the Add To Quote button and the quotation text having the range.
Now, after tapping the Add To Quote button, the quote product will add to the cart and the customers can click the request quote button to proceed further.
also, tapping the “Request Quote” button will take you to the quotation cart section. Here, the customer will enter the Quantity of the product, the Requested Unit Price, and then tap the refresh button to save the requested total.
Also, if the customer taps the “Request Quote” button without entering the “Request Unit Price” then a pop-up will display. The customer needs to set the request price else the unit price will be set as the request price of the quotation product.
lastly, check the Quotation Terms & Conditions checkbox and then tap the “Request Quote” button and that’s it.
Tapping the “Quotation Terms & Conditions” brings up the terms and conditions of the quotation request in a pop-up as shown below in the snapshot.
The buyer after requesting the quote will be re-directed to the Quotation History page as shown below in the snapshot. Here, the customer can see his requested quotes and their statuses.
1. If the quote status is Approved/Submit to Order, then the customer can’t cancel the quote request.
2. The customer can cancel a quote request only when a quote request status is Under Review.
Tapping the View Quotation button will bring up the section with the requested quote details.
**Note: If there is only one item in an Order then the customer will not be able to remove that quote request. Also, removing a quotation request is only possible if there is more than one item in the order.
Admin – Management
After the successful installation of the extension, the admin will have the Quotation Cart System menu option under their dashboard. also, the admin will have 2 sub-menu options under the Quotation Cart System –
Also, after clicking on the View button, the admin will be able to check the product, quotation, and quotation history details for the quotation.
**Note: Customer comments whilst submitting a quote request are visible under this section above.
To add a quotation on behalf of the customer the admin will click on the top right hand add button, that brings up the Customer Details page. Here, select the store, customer email and then press the Next button.
Pressing the Next button brings up the Product Details section. Here, the admin will select the Product, enter the Requested Price and Quantity. Now, click the “Add Product” button to add this product for a quotation.
Now, tap the Next button to proceed further. Here, the admin can enter a comment for the customer and tapping the Save button will save the quotation on behalf of the customer.
**Note: If the admin enters any comments here, then these comments are visible under the quotation history section.
Tapping the Edit button will bring up the page to edit the mail. Here, the admin can edit the name, subject and the message constituents according to need.
Lastly, under the Info. tab, the admin will find all the keywords that can be used to create respective mails for various events.
Also, after the quote approves by the admin, the customer can purchase the quotation product for the requested price.
The customer can check the status by navigating to My Account->Quotation History. Here, the customer will see the “Submit To Order” button activates.
Also, if the customer views the quotation request by tapping the View button, the customer can see a message at the top notifying that the quotation has been approved and that now you can place the order. Under this section, the customer can tap the Place Order button to make the purchase of the quoted product. Place order button will also redirect to the checkout page.
Clicking the Submit to Order or the Place Order button will redirect the customer to the checkout page to make the purchase as shown below in the snapshot.
Now, after placing the order when the admin confirms the purchase and makes the status of this order as complete the customer will be able to check the order details under his account panel by navigating to My Account-> Order History.
Now, after the admin completes the order from the back-end the customer can check the status again under My Account->Quotation History. Here, the status is snow-set as Completed.
That’s all for the Opencart Quotation Cart System. Still, have any query or want to customize this extension get back to us at email@example.com or just raise a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 188.8.131.52
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x,3.x.x.x