With the help of our Prestashop Testimonial module, you can provide this awesome functionality of writing testimonials to your customers and displaying them on your website. This module gives you complete freedom over the customer testimonials and also allows you to create testimonials on behalf of your customers as well.
Prestashop Testimonial module is compatible with PrestaShop v8.x.x.
This module is MultiShop compatible.
Features of Prestashop Testimonial
Packed with so many features, here is a list of all the features this module has to offer.
- Allow customers to write testimonials.
- Option to display testimonials tab on the top menu.
- Display testimonials on the left and right columns on the category pages.
- Set the testimonial text color.
- Set the display sequence of the testimonials based on random testimonials, date or position.
- Control the number of testimonials to display on the testimonials page.
- Let’s you choose to display the testimonials normally or in a slider in the testimonials block.
- Control testimonial slider features such as auto-play slider, set time for each testimonial in the slider, set number of testimonials to display.
- Admin can also set testimonials on auto approval or manual approval.
- Get notified via email on whenever a customer add a new testimonial.
- Option to change or add multiple emails to get notified on.
- Choose whether to allow customers to add rating to their testimonials.
- Choose whether registered customers can write testimonials or customers who have at least one order can write testimonials.
- Also, the admin can allow customers to add multiple testimonials.
- Choose whether to allow customers to add image to their testimonials.
- Choose whether to allow customers to add video url to their testimonials.
- Allow customers to add their own Avatar image on their testimonials.
- Add reCaptcha on testimonial form for customers to validate before submission.
- Control the minimum and maximum character length for writing a testimonial.
- Supports multi-language feature.
- Prestashop Testimonial module is MultiShop compatible.
How to Install Prestashop Testimonial
The module is quick and easy to install. Please follow the below steps to install the module.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
- Go to Back office -> Modules -> Modules & Services
- Click on Upload the Module
- Upload the module zip file
Once you are done with the installation of the module. Let’s configure the module as per your needs.
Configuration Page: Admin can configure the module as per requirement.
The configuration has two tabs: Testimonials Settings and Manage Testimonials
Let’s first start with Testimonials Settings
The module provides the admin with a lot of options to manage their Testimonials and how they would appear on the website. The configuration page is divided into three sections :
- Display Settings
- Slider Settings
- Permission Settings
Testimonial Display Settings
Admin can choose the display settings of the testimonials from here. If admin wants a new tab “Testimonials” will add in the top menu to redirect customers to the Testimonials page. Customers can also add Testimonials from here.
Admin can display Testimonials in the left and right columns on the category pages. Also, the admin can decide the display sequence as per random, date or position and also set the number of Testimonials to display on the Testimonials page.
Testimonial Slider Settings
Here admin can choose whether the Testimonials will display in a slider or not, on the website. If slider is enabled, then the admin can choose to automatically play testimonials in the slider. Also, admin can set the time duration for each testimonial to display in the testimonial slider. Number of Testimonials to display on the slider can also be set in this configuration. Please note that the display of Testimonials in the slider will only depend on the position of the sliders (This can be changed in the Manage Testimonials section in the back office)
This section comes with a lot of options and allows admin to control the complete Testimonial form. Admin can also enable or disable the auto approval of the testimonilas. Admin will get the notification for each new Testimonial added via email and can even change or provide multiple emails to receive these notifications.
Allow customers to add ratings, images, video url or avatar image on their Testimonials or not. Admin can also set Avatar image as mandatory for customers.
Note : If admin has enabled an option for add reCaptcha on add testimonial page, then a new option gets available for admin to enter the credentials to add reCaptcha. To enable this option admin needs to have a valid reCaptcha site key and secret key.
Admin decides whether one customer can add multiple Testimonials as well as whether all registered customers can add Testimonials or only those customers who have at least one order can add Testimonials.
This configuration also allows the admin to control the minimum and maximum character length of Testimonials.
So this is how the admin can manage Testimonials on the website using these configurations.
How to Write Testimonials
After the installation of the module, a new tab “My Testimonial” gets available for customers under the account.
Customers can add and manage testimonials from this tab.
Customer Account :
Testimonial Tab on Top Menu
Now customers can write testimonials from these options.
A form will open up for the customer to write their testimonial. The contents of the form would depend on the configuration set by admin in the back office.
If admin has enabled the reCaptcha option from the back-end, then reCaptcha gets available on the form.
Customers need to fill in all the required details in this form and submit it. Now if the Testimonials have been set on manual approval by the admin, then it would show pending until the admin approves it.
Admin can manage Testimonials from the back office. After the installation of the module, two new tabs get available in the back office.
- Testimonial Settings.
- Manage Testimonials.
Admin can view all the Testimonials from the Manage Testimonials section. Here admin can add a Testimonial on behalf of customers from here. Admin can approve new Testimonial requests or edit or delete any Testimonial easily. Also, the admin can set the position of the Testimonials here.
Admin can Add Testimonial :
Admin can Edit Testimonial :
Display of Testimonials
Once the Testimonial gets approved by admin, the status would change to approved and it will be added in the Testimonials section on the website.
Homepage view of Testimonial Section :
Category page view
Customers can click on view all or the Testimonials tab in top menu to view all the added Testimonials on the Testimonials page. A list of all the added Testimonials will display here.
Customers can also view a particular Testimonial by clicking on the read more option.
This was all about the Prestashop Testimonials module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our Prestashop development services and a vast range of quality Prestashop addons.
Current Product Version - 4.1.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment