Testimonials can be a great way of increasing sales and boosting your website. Testimonials help in earning trust of your customers and also helps them in making buying decisions online. Displaying positive testimonials on your website from your customers gives potential customers a good impression of your website and social proof of your sales and services which eventually helps in expanding your customer base and therefore increasing your sales as well.
With the help of our Prestashop Testimonial module, you can provide this awesome functionality of writing testimonials to your customers and displaying them on your website. This module gives you complete freedom over the customer testimonials and allows you to create testimonials on behalf of your customers as well.
Packed with so many features, here is a list of all the features this module has to offer.
- Allow customers to write testimonials.
- Option to display testimonials tab on the top menu.
- Testimonials can be displayed on the left and right column on the category pages.
- Set the display sequence of the testimonials based on random testimonials, date or position.
- Control the number of testimonials to be displayed on the testimonials page.
- Lets you choose to display the testimonials normally or in a slider in the testimonials block.
- Control testimonial slider features such as auto-play slider, set time for each testimonial in slider, set number of testimonials to be displayed.
- Set testimonials on auto approval or manual approval.
- Get notified via email on whenever a customer add a new testimonial.
- Option to change or add multiple emails to get notified on.
- Choose whether to allow customers to add rating to their testimonials.
- Choose whether registered customers can write testimonials or customers who have at least one order can write testimonials.
- Allow customers to add multiple testimonials.
- Choose whether to allow customers to add image to their testimonials.
- Choose whether to allow customers to add video url to their testimonials.
- Allow customers to add their own Avatar image on their testimonials.
- Add reCaptcha on testimonial form for customers to validate before submission.
- Control the minimum and maximum character length for writing a testimonial.
How to Install the module.
Once you are done with the installation of the module. Let’s configure the module as per your needs.
Configuration Page: Admin can configure the module as per requirement.
Configuration has two tabs: Testimonials Settings and Manage Testimonials
Let’s first start with Testimonials Settings
As can be seen the module provides admin a lot of options to manage their Testimonial and how they would appear on the website. The configuration page can be divided into three sections :
- Testimonial Display Settings
- Testimonial Slider Settings
- Testimonial Permission Settings
Testimonial Display Settings
Admin can choose the display settings of the testimonials from here. If admin wants a new tab “Testimonials” will be added in the top menu to redirect customers to the Testimonials page. Customers can also add Testimonials from here.
Admin can display Testimonials in left and right columns on the category pages. Decide the display sequence as per random, date or position and also set the number of Testimonials to be displayed on the Testimonials page.
Testimonial Slider Settings
Here admin can choose whether the Testimonials will be displayed in a slider or not, on the website. If slider is enabled admin choose to automatically play testimonials in the slider and can set the time duration for each testimonial to be displayed in testimonial slider. Number of Testimonials to be displayed on the slider can also be set in this configuration. Please note that the display of Testimonials in the slider will only depend on the position of the sliders (This can be changed in Manage Testimonials section in back office)
This section comes with a lot of options and allows admin to control the complete Testimonial form. Admin can choose whether the Testimonials would be auto approved or will be manually approved. Admin gets notified for each new Testimonial added via email and can even change or provide multiple emails to receive these notifications.
Admin decides whether to allow customers to add ratings, images, video url or avatar image on their Testimonials or not. Admin can also set Avatar image as mandatory for customers.
Note : If admin has enabled an option for add reCaptcha on add testimonial page, a new option will be available for admin to enter the credentials to add reCaptcha. To enable this option admin needs to have valid reCaptcha site key and secret key.
Admin decides whether one customer can add multiple Testimonials as well as whether all registered customers can add Testimonials or only those customer who have atleast one order can add Testimonials.
This configuration also allows admin to control the minimum and maximum character length of Testimonials.
So this is how admin can manage Testimonials on the website using these configurations.
How to Write Testimonials
Once the module is configured, customers will have the option to add Testimonials.
Testimonials can be added either from the customer account section or if enabled by admin, from the Testimonial tab on top menu.
Customer Account :
Testimonial Tab on Top Menu( If enabled by admin) :
Now customers can write testimonials from these options.
A form will open up for the customer to write their testimonial. The contents of the form would depend on the configuration set by admin in back office.
If admin has enabled the reCaptcha option from the back-end, then reCaptcha will be available on the form.
Customers need to fill all the required details in this form and submit. Now if the Testimonials have been set on manual approval by the admin, then it would show pending until admin approves it.
Admin will get notification via email, if set up, for newly added Testimonials.
Admin can manage Testimonials from the back office. Two new tabs are added in back office > customers section.
- Testimonial Settings.
- Manage Testimonials.
Admin can view all the Testimonials from the Manage Testimonials section. Here admin can add a Testimonial on behalf of customers from here. Admin can approve new Testimonial requests or edit or delete any Testimonial easily. Also admin can set position of the Testimonials here.
Admin can Add Testimonial :
Admin can Edit Testimonial :
Display of Testimonials
Once the Testimonial has been approved by admin, the status would change to approved and it will be added in the Testimonials section on the website.
Homepage view of Testimonial Section :
Category page view : If left and right column display is enabled for Testimonial block.
Customers can click on view all or the Testimonials tab in top menu to view all the added Testimonials on the Testimonials page. A list of all the added Testimonials will be displayed here.
Customers can also view a particular Testimonial by clicking on the read more option.
So this is how easy you add and manage this wonderful Testimonial feature on your website. It will surely enhance the user experience on your website.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at : http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x