With Prestashop Order Exchange/Cancellation you can assure your customers that whatever they purchase from your store can exchange or cancel it if they are not satisfied. Available wallet system ensures a hassle-free, easy-to-go and a User-friendly payment option.
- Order exchange and cancellation gives customers a confidence that if they are not satisfied with the purchase then they can cancel or exchange it.
- A customer can process a request for order exchange or cancellation with ease.
- Once the cancellation or exchange request has been placed by a customer then he can delete the request too.
- Admin can accept or cancel the request placed by the customer(s) for order exchange or cancellation.
- Once the cancellation request has been accepted, the product base amount and the tax amount(if included), will be added to customer’s wallet.
- A Fast Online Payment Method will be available for the customers.
- The customer can easily add money to their wallet and use it for making transactions.
- Admin can view the customer details who are using Wallet System along with the transactions made by them using the Wallet System.
- Admin can use the Wallet in single/multiple currencies.
- If the Wallet is used for multiple currencies, wallet balance is converted into context currency in real-time.
- If there is insufficient balance in a wallet to complete the order, the customer can add money into the wallet on run-time without losing its current cart.
- If there is insufficient balance in a wallet to complete the order, the customer can pay the remaining amount through other payment modes.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module.
- Upload zip file of “Prestashop Order Exchange” module.
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
After the successful installation of the module, admin can configure it by clicking on “CONFIGURE” button as shown below:
Prestashop Customer Wallet Settings
Admin can select whether the wallet will be operational for single currency or multiple currencies. We will discuss more about wallet settings later in the blog.
Process Exchange/Cancellation Request
Once the module gets installed two tabs: ‘My Request’ and ‘My Wallet’ gets available for the customers under “My Account” at the front end.
To process an exchange or cancellation request of an order a customer has to click on “Process Request” on order detail page under “Order History and Details” tab.
After clicking on “Process Request” button, a customer can either request for order exchange or order cancellation.
If a customer clicks on “Request Cancellation” button a pop-up appears on a screen in which a customer has to enter the reason for the order cancellation and submit the request.
Once the cancellation request has been submitted by a customer, he can delete it by clicking on “Delete Request” button as shown below:
When a customer clicks on “Request Exchange” button a pop-up appears on the screen in which a customer has to enter the reason and select a product along with its combination in exchange of the product purchased before.
Once the exchange request has been submitted by a customer, he can delete it by clicking on “Delete Request” button as shown below:
If a customer has ordered multiple quantities of a product (for example 4) and he wants to exchange 3 quantity of a product out of 4 then he can select the products along with its combinations in exchange of the product purchased before.
Once a customer has submitted exchange and cancellation requests he can view it under “My Request” tab as shown below:
Once the customer has submitted a request for order exchange or order cancellation, admin can view it by navigating through orders->Exchange/cancel.
Under “Exchange/Cancel” tab admin can view order exchange and cancellation requests placed by the customer(s).
By clicking on “View” button, admin can view details of a product in an order for which an exchange or cancellation request has been placed by a customer.
By clicking on “View” button, admin can view information of a product for which an exchange or cancellation request has been placed by a customer and the cancellation process.
By clicking on the “View” button, admin can view information of a product for which an exchange request has been placed and information of a product to be exchanged with a previously ordered product.
- If cancellation request has been approved, then the base amount of the product will be added to the buyer wallet.
- If product amount is tax included, then on cancellation base amount and tax amount will be added to buyer wallet.
- If an order includes shipping charges, then the shipping charges will not be refunded to the buyer.
- If exchange request has been approved and the amount of exchange product is less than the amount of previously ordered product, then the extra amount will be added to customer wallet
- If exchange request has been approved and the amount of exchange product is more than the amount of previously ordered product, then the module will check whether the sum of an amount of previously ordered product and wallet is equal/more than the amount of exchange product.
- 1. If yes, then the order will be placed.
- 2. If no, then it will show the alert message indicating insufficient balance in the wallet.
Once admin has accepted the cancellation/exchange request, the status of requests gets changed from pending to complete and a customer can view it under “My Request” tab.
Customer Wallet Settings
Admin can select whether the wallet will be operational for single currency or multiple currencies.
- Wallet for single currency
If admin has opted to use the Wallet for the single currency, then the wallet balance will not be available for other currencies (if selected by the customer on frontend).
A customer has selected US dollar ($) as the context currency.
A customer has selected Euro (€) as the context currency.
- Wallet for Multiple Currencies
If admin has enabled the creation of Wallet in Multiple currencies, then the wallet money will be converted into the selected context country.
Suppose the Currencies installed in your Prestashop are USdollar ($) and Euro (€).
A Customer has selected US dollar ($) as the context currency.
A customer has selected Euro (€) as the context currency.
A customer can add money to the wallet and view all the transactions done through wallet under “My Wallet” tab.
On clicking the “My Wallet” tab, the customer will find an interface from where money can be added to the Wallet.
When a customer enters the amount he wants to add in his wallet and clicks on “ADD MONEY” button, he will be redirected to the order page where he has to select a payment method for completing the order.
Once the order gets confirmed, a seller can view the transaction on the wallet page as shown below:
On Confirmation of Order on Customer’s end, Admin will have to change the Order status to “Payment Accepted” to ensure that the balance is displayed in the customer’s wallet.
From Admin’s end when Order Status has been changed to “Payment Accepted”, Customer’s Wallet Balance will be displayed and the Wallet is now ready to use.
Now a customer can use the wallet balance for making the purchase on the store.
If Customer’s Order Amount is less than the Wallet Balance, the entire amount will be deducted from Wallet if the Customer opts to pay via Prestashop Wallet.
Now if a Customer’s order exceeds the Wallet Balance, payment can still be made using the Wallet Balance and the remaining amount can be made via any other payment gateway available OR the customer will also have an option to add more money to the wallet on run-time without losing its cart where he has added the products that he wants to purchase.
Now, if a customer chose to pay the remaining amount via another payment method(for example – by cheque), then in My Account -> My Wallet a transaction of only $100 will be shown while the payment for the remaining $81.93 will be shown in the Customer Orders. Go to My Account -> Order History and Details to view this.
Wallet – Admin End
Admin can view all the customer’s transactions done through wallet by navigating through Customers->Wallet.
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x