Prestashop Marketplace Manufacturer: If you sell your own products, you must at least create your company as a brand/manufacturer : this helps your customer find what they are looking for, and this can bring some valuable search engine points.
With the help of this module, Sellers can create manufacturers and can even assign products to these manufacturers.
Seller has full authority to add/edit/delete any created manufacturer. They can also add/change product assignments to these manufacturers.
NOTE – Since its an add-on for the advanced marketplace module, so before installing marketplace manufacturer module, Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace must be installed.
- Sellers can create manufacturers for their products.
- Sellers can assign manufacturers to existing products.
- Admin can allow/restrict sellers to assign admin’s manufacturers to their products.
- Admin can enable/disable the automatic approval of seller’s manufacturers.
- Admin can edit/delete seller’s manufacturers.
- Admin can also add manufacturers on seller’s behalf and assign manufacturers to seller’s products.
For installing Prestashop Marketplace manufacturer module you need to install Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first. After installing marketplace module you can start the installation of Prestashop Marketplace manufacturer.
After installing marketplace module you can start the installation of Marketplace manufacturer
- Go to back office ->module
- Upload the module zip file
- Search “Marketplace Manufacturer” in module search box then go to module and click on install.
Module Successfully Installed !
Configuring the Module
The configuration section has two parts :
- Seller can assign Admin Manufacturers : This configuration will give sellers the authority to be able to assign admin created manufacturers to their own products. If its yes, then the seller can assign the manufacturers added by the admin. If its no, then only the manufacturers added by the seller will be visible and can be assigned.
- Manufacturer needs to be approved by Admin : This configuration decides whether manufacturers added by seller should be approved automatically or manually by admin.
This way the module is configured successfully.
After installing and configuring manufacturers module successfully, Sellers can see manufacturer menu on their current marketplace account page.
From the “Create Manufacturer” link, Sellers can add a new manufacturer.
Seller needs to fill in all the details of the Manufacturer on create new manufacturer form page. Seller will select the products to which this particular manufacturer is to be assigned.
Seller can create as many manufacturer as required. Manufacturers List will be shown and from here Seller can also edit /delete them, if required.
Sellers can click on the Manufacturers Name to see the list of product associated with it.
List of products associated with this manufacturer will be listed. Seller can delete the product association from here as well.
ASSIGN MANUFACTURERS TO PRODUCTS WHILE ADDING /UPDATING A PRODUCT
Seller can assign manufacturers while adding new products as well as to the existing products. On the Add product page itself sellers can choose the listed manufacturers from the dropdown menu.
On the Update product page also sellers can choose the listed manufacturers from the dropdown menu. Sellers can also change manufacturer assignment from here.
This way Sellers can Add Manufactures and Assign them to products.
After successful installation, a new tab “Manage manufacturer ” will be added to the Marketplace tab.
Admin can see the list of all manufacturers created by the sellers and can change the status of the manufacturer. From here Admin manages Approval of Manufacturers added by the sellers ( if manual approval is selected in the module configuration)
Admin can also edit/delete/view the seller’s manufacturers.
Admin can add Manufacturers on Seller’s Behalf by clicking on “Add New Manufacturer” Tab.
This is how Admin creates/ manages Seller’s Manufacturers.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at : http://webkul.uvdesk.com/ and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 3.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.6.x.x