A manufacturer (brand) is an identity of the product. Most people, whether they know the exact name of the product or not, they at least ask for a product by the brand. That’s the significance of a brand for any product. That’s why we are here with the Prestashop Marketplace Manufacturer/Brand module.
Now, with this module, sellers can also create their brands/manufacturers & assign them to their products. It will help them to manage the details of their brand on their own. After adding their own brand to the shop, they can assign to a new/existing product anytime.
Now, let’s proceed further in the blog to know more about the workflow of this module.
Features of the Prestashop Marketplace Manufacturer/Brand module
- Sellers can create manufacturers (brands) for their products.
- Sellers can assign manufacturers (brands) to the existing as well as new products.
- Make the seller manufacturers (brands) approval necessary.
- Allow or restrict sellers from assigning admin’s manufacturers (brands) to their own products.
- Choose to enable or disable the automatic approval of seller’s manufacturers (brands).
- Edit or delete the seller’s manufacturers (brands).
- Add manufacturers on seller’s behalf and assign manufacturers (brands) to seller’s products.
How to install the Prestashop Marketplace Manufacturer/Brand module
In order to install the module, you need to install the Prestashop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace module first.
After installing the marketplace module, you can now proceed to install the Prestashop Marketplace Manufacturer/Brand module.
- Firstly, Go to the Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Marketplace Manufacturer/Brand module
After the successful installation of the module, an admin needs to configure the module. In the configuration settings of the module, there are two options.
- Seller can assign admin brands: On enabling this option, sellers will be able to assign brands of the admin to their own products. In case, if the option is inactive, then sellers can only add their own brands to the products.
- Brand needs approval by admin: Enable the second option to automatcially approve the brands created by sellers.
At the seller’s end
After installing the module successfully, a new tab adds to the seller’s dashboard. This tab will facilitate the management of brands by sellers.
Sellers can click on the “Create New Brand” to proceed to add a new brand.
In order to create a new brand, sellers need to fill in all the details about the brand. Here, sellers can also select the product which they want to assign to this particular brand.
After creating the brand successfully, brands will display in the list along with the other brands.
Click on the brands to see all the products assigned to a brand.
On clicking the brand, a seller can view a list of all the products associated with this brand. A seller can also choose to delete the product associated with the brand as well.
Assign Brands to Products while Adding/Updating a Product
A seller can assign brands while adding a new product or updating the existing products. There is an option on the add product page to choose the brand from the dropdown menu.
Even on the update product page, sellers can choose the brand from the dropdown menu. A sellers can also choose to change the brand from here.
In this way, sellers can easily add brands and assign them to the products.
At the admin’s end
After the successful installation of the module, a new tab “Manage Brand ” adds under the “Marketplace” section.
On clicking “Manage Brand, admin willland on to the page which contains the list of all the brands created by the sellers. They can even change the status of the brands. The page also allows the admin to edit, delete or view the seller’s brands.
Apart from editing or deleting the existing seller brands, admin can also add a new brand on behalf of sellers. To do so, click on the “Add New Brand” button.
To view the products associate with a brand, an admin can click on the brand name available in the list.
So, this was all about the process to manage brands at the admin’s end.
At the customer’s end
The list of all the brands whether its admin’s or seller’s, all are available on the category page as well.
A customer can simply select a brand in order to sort the product on the basis of the brand.
So, this was all about Prestashop Marketplace Manufacturer Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
In case, if you also want a module that can allow you to add/assign badges to the seller, then do check out the blog.
Current Product Version - 5.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x