OpenCart Point of Sale refers to a system where the merchant can create the order from his physical store using the POS and the order will be generated in the Opencart.
The Basic feature of the POS system for Opencart is to create the order in front of the customer so that customer can purchase the goods from a physical store as well as from the online eCommerce store.
With the help of this module, merchants can manage their inventory and customers.
And the most important thing is that they can easily manage their day-to-day transactions without any hassle.
This module is a powerful tool to manage sales and revenue. Admin can also set up the physical store along with the online Opencart store.
- Admin can easily manage the inventory and sales.
- Admin can create more users to operate the POS system.
- It also works in offline mode or in poor internet connection.
- Products can be searched by typing in the Product Name, Model, SKU, or the Barcode in the search box.
- Product Report section with details related to the products and sales report.
- Update Product Quantity through input in the cart details section.
- Enable and Disable Online/Offline mode for the User.
- The agent can add the custom product which is not in the inventory into cart directly(A service or a product not available in the current inventory, etc.).
- Custom price update for any product which is already added to cart.
- Supports two type of payment method cash payment and custom payment method.
- The agent can request for the update of the low stocks.
- The agent can make easy returns.
- Supports home delivery feature.
- The sales-person can even charge the home delivery fees if the customer wants the order to be delivered at home.
- The customer can use their credit balance while making a purchase.
- Admin can manage both the store inventory (offline & online) with this single module.
- Generate Barcodes for the products automatically via the admin panel.
- Print the barcodes and add the barcodes to your products.
- Set the barcode size from the backend.
- Can even regenerate and mass generate the barcodes.
- Admin can manage the customers’ data.
- Real-time synchronization.
- Separate POS ORDER management.
- Employee management.
- Easy transaction process.
- The module supports RTL also.
- Sales agent can now even manage the product weight at the time of checkout.
- The Opencart POS connects only to the Printer, and barcode reader, whereas it doesn’t connect directly with the cash drawer and card swapping machine.
- POS requires a browser to work on it.
- You cannot add the new customer in Offline mode.
Installation of the Opencart POS System module is very simple. You just need to move or upload the admin, catalog and wkpos folders into the OpenCart root folder.
After transferring the folders, use extension installer for uploading the XML file- wkpos.ocmod.xml which you will find in the ocmod folder.
Post uploading the file go to the Extensions > Modification and click on refresh field.
After that in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and choose to select all for both Access and Modify Permission and save it.
So, post that under Extension > Module, you can install or uninstall the module and can edit the module.
After the successful installation of the POS system module admin will be able to view the POS system tab where the admin may manage the POS system.
The admin can configure the module by navigating to Extensions> Modules> Point of Sale (POS) System under the Extensions tab.
The admin can easily change the status of the POS System.
In General Setting, the admin can select the Store Country and Store region/State for the POS System.
The admin can allow or disallow the zero quantity products to be displayed in POS panel from the “Show products with zero quantity in POS panel” option.
The store owner can even show complete available product quantity on OpenCart store by selecting Yes for the field Show whole product quantity online.
Now, the admin can select Default Outlet for Online Orders as shown in the image below-
The admin can select ‘Yes‘ if want to enable whole available product quantity on online store and select ‘No‘ if the admin only wants to enable remaining product quanity on online store resulted from POS assignment. E.g. If you have 100 units of product 1, and you assign 80 units to outlet 1 then only 20 units will be available online.
By selecting the POS Outlet, the admin can view the updated product quantity under the manage product tab.
Else can select No to enable only the remaining quantity of a product on OpenCart store according to the product quantity available on the POS outlet.
The admin can also allow the sales agent to receive the order emails generated from the POS end from “Send order e-mail to sales agent” option.
Admin can also set the Heading content, Sub-heading, and Login content (Store Content) for the frontend login page. As you can see in the below image. In Customer Setting, the admin can add a guest customer to the POS System so that if someone wants to check out as a guest then admin can use this information under the guest checkout transaction by default.
In Payment Setting, the admin can set the status of cash, card and customer credit. The admin can also set the complete order status of cash, card and customer credit.
And, can even define the title name of cash, card and customer credit for the POS System.
Also, the admin can enable or disable the Discount Status, Coupon Status, and Tax Status.
Under the Shipping Details section, the admin can manage the shipping details of the POS system.
Here, the admin set Home Delivery-
- Status: enable or disable the home delivery facility for the customers.
- Title: define the title for the home delivery feature which will be visible on the front-end.
- Maximum Charge: set the maximum home delivery fees limit for the sales persons can charge from the customer.
In Customise Receipt, the admin can customize the receipt as per the requirements.
The admin can even set the paper size and font type for the receipt.
You can check the receipt format in the below image.
In Barcode Setting, the admin can set barcode size and can even set whether to print the barcode with or without the product name.
Also, can select barcode image type as either horizontal or vertical.
The admin can also –
- Generate Barcode With: defining the barcode generation basis like product Id, SKU, EAN, and UPC.
- Number Of Barcode In Slot: set the number of barcodes to be generated in a slot while generating the mass barcode.
In PWA Manifest & POS Layout Color the admin will implement the settings for the PWA and color layout of the POS.
Here the admin could define-
- name- The admin can enter the name of the application as one wishes to represent the application.
However, the admin here could represent the name of the application in multiple languages. This depends on the Opencart default language settings.
- Short Name- This name is visible when the shortcut of the application is created.
- Icon- The application launcher icon is added here.
- Splash Background Colour- The colour of the splash screen(application introductory screen) is set from here.
- Left Panel Background-Color- The salesagent will set the background color of the left panel.
- Left Panel Text Color- The admin will state the color of the text in the left panel in correspondance to the background.
- Top Panel Background-Color- The admin will set the color of the background of the top panel.
How to Add/Manage Users & User Outlet
When Admin will click on the POS > Users, two tabs for Users and User Outlets may be visible to the admin.
First, the admin needs to create a User Outlet for the User.
When you click on the User Outlet tab then you will be redirected to the User Outlet page where you can see the existing users outlets and can edit the existing user outlets.
Also, you can add new user outlet for the users (sales agent).
Suppose the admin is running more than one physical store and wants to assign the sales agent according to the different stores then you can create an outlet for a particular physical store.
So that admin can assign the sales agent according to the outlets and can manage inventory for different outlets.
When the Add New button is clicked, it redirects you to the Add Outlet page where one may add the user outlet for the users.
After this, to Add Products to the Created Outlet, just Edit the Outlet and you will find the Manage Products tab next to the General tab as shown below in the snapshot.
Here, the admin can see all of the products listed and can assign the products to this outlet by enabling the products and setting the outlet product quantity for the products enabled.
How To Manage/Add Users
Under the Point of Sale (POS), when you will click on the Users >POS Users tab then you will be redirected to the Users page where one can see the existing users’ list and can edit the existing users.
Also, the new user to the POS System may be added.
When the Add New button is clicked, it redirects to the Add User (Sales Agent) page where the user for the POS System may be added.
Inventory/Product Management for POS
The Admin can easily manage the inventory for the POS system. The admin can view all the products of the POS system under the Point of Sale (POS) > POS Products.
The admin may filter the POS products by using the various filter options. The admin can even filter the product using the barcode Id.
To generate the barcode Id, the admin can simply scan the bardcode.
After scanning the barcode, the admin will receive the barcode Id and that Id can be use to filter the product as shown in the image below –
Admin can view the POS product details like –
- Product Image: Admin can view the product image for the POS system.
- Product Name: Product name for POS system.
- Model: Admin can view the unique product ID for the POS system.
- Barcode: Admin can see the barcode of the product and can print with the Action tab.
- Price: The price for the POS system which the admin has set at the time of the product upload.
- Total Quantity: The total product quantity of the product.
- Status: The status for your Opencart online store.
- Assigned POS Quantity: Admin can see the assigned product quantity for the POS system.
- Action: The admin can print the barcode of a particular product. Once the admin has generated the barcode, he can regenerate the barcode as shown above.
- Mass Generate Barcodes: The admin can generate the product barcodes in mass.
- Mass Print Barcodes: The admin can select the products and click on the Mass Print Barcodes button and then enter the number of barcode slips for each product then print the product barcode in mass.
Barcodes will be generated for the selected products in mass and then the admin can print the barcodes accordingly.
Note: If the selected UPC/SKU/EAN is not available in a product then barcode will generate with the product Id.
Note: Don’t refresh, always regenerate the barcode when you change/update the barcode settings.
The admin will be able to check the POS reports by navigating to Point Of Sale (POS)>POS Reports. Here, the admin will be able to check the product and the sales report.
1. Product Report:
Here, the admin will find the details related to the product like – The outlet to which a particular product is assigned, it’s Model number, Quantity of the product available, Sold-Out number, Available quantity, and the Suppliers name.
You can also filter the product report by selecting a particular Outlet or Supplier name.
2. Sale Report:
Here, the admin will find the details related to the sales that have happened in the POS system.
When an order is placed successfully it is visible under here with the details related to the sales which include – Outlet Name, Customer Name, Total Amount of purchase made by the customer, Order Date, Payment Method selected, Order Status, and POS User assigned to the order.
The admin can populate the sales report using various filters like – Outlet name, POS User, Customer, Payment Method, Between Dates, and the Order Mode.
POS Return Management
The admin can view and manage the returns filed by the agent on behalf of customers. For this, navigate to Point of Sale (POS) -> POS Returns as per the below image.
Here, the admin can-
- View the complete list of the returns.
- Filter the returns using the filters displayed on the top.
- Manage the returns by clicking the Edit button.
Clicking the Edit button will display the return details as shown below.
Under the General section, the admin can view the order and return details. And, under the History section, the admin can add history notes as shown below.
Here, the admin manages the return status, allow to notify the customer about the return status and can even add an additional note for reference. Then, save history successfully.
POS Order Management
The Admin can easily manage the Orders of the POS system. The admin can view or edit all the orders details of POS system under the Point of Sale (POS) System > POS Orders.
The store owner may filter the POS products by using the various filter options. As you can see in the below image.
The Admin can view all the order details and can edit the order.
The POS Orders Page will have information like –
Order ID – A unique order ID for each order.
Transaction ID – The transaction ID will have two types of status either Online Order or a unique number.
- Transaction ID with Online Order status – The order is generated when the POS system is connected to the internet (Online Mode)
- Transaction ID with a unique number – The order is generated when the POS system was not connected to the internet (Offline Mode). When the POS user will sync all the offline orders then the transaction ID status will be changed into Online Order.
Status – It will show the order status. For example – Complete.
Total – It will display the total transaction amount.
Date Added – The date when the product was added to the cart.
Date Modified – The date when the order was completed.
Action – There is two option in which the admin can view the order details and can edit the order details.
Supply Management (Admin Management)
In Supply Management section, the Admin can set the details of the suppliers and manage the supplier’s products.
This section will have the separate supplier’s details and separate supplier’s product details so that admin can know about the product during the low stock situation.
Also, admin can know what are the products that are fulfilling from particular suppliers in the store.
The Admin can also Add New Supplier by clicking on the add new button. When admin will click on the add new button then he will be redirected to the Add Supplier page.
In POS Supply Requests, the admin can view all the supply requests that he has generated against the particular supplier.
POS Credit Balance
The admin can also add the credit balance to the customer account. The customer can use this credit balance while making a purchase.
For this, the admin will navigate to customer list as shown below.
Here, the admin will select the customer from the list to whom the admin wants to transfer the credit balance. This will navigate the user to the customer details page.
Under the POS Credit section, the admin can –
- Description: Add a descriptive note for reference.
- Credit Amount: enter the amount to be credited.
And lastly, hit the Add Credits button to transfer the credit balance successfully.
POS System (Frontend) POS User Management
The user can easily Login the POS System (frontend) by using the Username and Password which is created by Admin.
After the successfully Login, the POS user (sales agent) will be redirected to the POS System (frontend) where he can view all the categories, products, and checkout panel.
Also, the POS user can manage his account information and can view the orders list (a list of orders which is generated by the sales agents).
Popular Category will have all products that have a high selling rate or most purchased items/products.
The 4 symbols (Warning, Question mark, Information, and Star) have the details about the particular products.
- Warning – The product is out of stock and you can’t add that product to the cart.
- Question Mark – The product with custom options.
- Star – The product has offers/discounts.
- Information – It shows the product information like name, price, and quantity left of the product.
- Weight- This represents the weight of the product which could be entered in the popup which appears on clicking the product.
Here, the price of the products gets multiplied with the weight of the product. Initially, the weight of a single product is mentioned.
In addition POS frontend could be transformed to fullscreen for the sales agent to visiualize the products much easily.
In the Orders panel, the user can see all the orders which have been sold by corresponding agent.
Also, the Sales Agent (POS user) can view the order details and can print the receipt of that particular order by clicking on the Print tab.
The customers can even return their orders if want to. For this, the agent will file the returns on behalf of customers. The agent will click the Return Order button as per the below image.
Clicking the Return Order button will display a pop up to enter the order id.
Now, the sales agent will enter the order Id and click the desired order appears in the suggestions list. This will display the order details as per the below image.
Here, the sales agent will select the products and hit the Return Order button to make a return. Clicking the Return Order button will navigate the sales agent to the “Return Order” page as per the below image.
Here, the sales agent will-
- Reason for Return: Define the reason for returning the product.
- Product is opened: Specify whether the product is opened or not by the customer.
- Return Action: Select the action for return.
- Faulty or other details: Add the additional note or details for reference.
After filing the return successfully, a success message will display as per the below image.
The sales agent can even view the complete list of the returns made. For this, simply click the Returns menu option shown below.
Select the return order from the list and the respective return details will get displayed on the extreme right-hand side.
In user Setting Panel, the user can view or change his/her account information and also can change the password.
Also, the sales agent can change the language and currency for the POS system.
Note: The module supports RTL also if you set the “Select Language” field to Arabic.
Easy Product Search
From the product search feature, the user can easily search for any products by entering the keyword of a particular product. The user also can add to cart the product from the search result. Search using the product name, model, SKU, and Barcode as well.
Search by Name:
Search by Model:
Search by SKU:
Search by Barcode:
Check-out Panel (Shopping Cart)
The user can add to cart the product and can select the customer for the particular order.
The sales-person can even charge the home delivery fees If the customer wants the order to be delivered at home by checking the checkbox of Home Delivery field and will enter the fees.
Adding a Custom Product to the POS Cart
Adding custom products to the cart is as easy as adding a normal product to the POS cart.
A custom product can be something like a warranty for a product, a service, or a product that is not in the physical store but that’s launched.
To add a custom product just tap on the “Add” button as shown below in the snapshot.
After clicking the “Add” button above, you will see a pop-up wherein you have to set the Product-
After entering the info. for the custom product, just click the “Add” button on the pop-up to add the product to cart.
After the custom product gets added to the POS cart you can see the product, remove the product, increase or decrease the product quantity in the POS cart.
If you want to change the price for a product that is already added to the cart, you just need to tap on the product’s price when it’s in the POS cart.
After tapping the price, a pop-up will appear wherein you can change the price/ set the custom price of the selected product and hit the Apply button. This will successfully change/update the price.
After that, when POS user needs to click on the Select Customer tab. Here POS User can select the customer.
If the customer is already registered then the POS user can search the customer through the customer’s name or mobile or telephone number.
If the customer is not registered yet then the POS user can add/register the new customer and can proceed to Checkout.
After clicking on the Add Customer, a pop-up will be opened for Customer Details. The POS user needs to fill all the required details to save/register the customer.
After selecting the customer, the sales agent can give a discount on the Total Amount of the Cart by using the discount tab.
The sales agent can give the discount offers as Fixed Amount or Percent (%) Value of the Total or can apply both the discount methods together on the Total.
Also, If the customers have any coupon code provided by you. In this case, the sales agent also can apply the coupon code and can offer the discount as per coupon value.
When the POS user (Sales Agent) will click on the Proceed to Checkout tab. Then a checkout panel will be opened where the POS user can select the payment method and can accept the payment for the particular order or the user can also hold the order and can complete later.
The complete payment can be made in a single go using either cash or card payment option available.
If the customer doesn’t have enough cash or money in the card, the remaining part of the payment can be made using customer credit as shown below.
The complete payment can even be made using customer credit.
The POS user can add a note about the transaction. After accepting the payment, a pop-up screen will appear on the Invoice.
The sales agent can Print Invoice or can Skip this step to complete the checkout process.
Now, the cart will be empty for the other orders.
Additional Payment Gateway
Apart from the Cash Payment, one can also make use of the Card Payment by making use of an external card swiping machine.
Clicking the Proceed to Checkout tab brings a checkout panel. Where the POS user can select the payment method as card payment. Inorder to accept the payment for the particular order.
If the customer doesn’t have enough money in the card, the remaining part of the payment can be made using customer credit as shown below.
If the agent selects Card Payment then, he has to enter the name of the card being swiped (as a record) for the payment and tap the “Accept Payment“.
After this, the agent will have to confirm a pop-up on the window as shown below.
After this, the agent can take out the printout or skip this step to proceed further.
Now, you can check the order by going to the “Orders” section of the POS system and here you can check the mode of payment with the selected card for making the payment.
These details will also be visible in the invoice.
The POS System for Opencart provides the most valuable and unique feature so that your sales agent, cashier, etc. can work on POS system in offline mode also.
They can use all the functions and features of the POS in the offline mode. They can complete all the transactions without the use of the internet.
This feature will also benefit you when you have your store in a poor internet connectivity area or no internet area.
They can view all the transactions or orders that they have made in offline mode in the Orders > Offline. As you can see in the below image.
When you or cashier or sales agents have the internet connection or in online mode then you or they can sync all the offline orders to the online Opencart Store.
Order on Hold/ Multiple Cart System
The Sales Agent can put the cart on-hold and can view both the current cart and cart on-hold here.
He can easily proceed to next the transactions/orders without deleting the uncompleted order/hold order.
When the sales agent will hold the order then can Add a Note to mention the reason for holding the order.
The Sales Agent can view all the hold orders under the Orders > Hold Order.
When the sales agent will click on any hold order then the hold order will be redirected to the cart and the sales agent can view the order details and can Proceed to Checkout.
In the Other section of the POS, the sales agent will find three options like – Low Stock Products, Request, and Request History.
In Low Stock Products Section, the sales agent can view all the products which have low quantity in the stock. The low stock quantity that you can set from the admin backend panel.
In the Request Section, the sales agent can create a request to the supplier to fulfill the stock.
The sales agent can generate a request with product quantity that he needs to fulfill the stock with the product details.
The sales agent also can choose the supplier to fulfill the request. He can create multiple requests at a time.
In the Request History section, the sales agent can all the request that he has created against the supplier to fulfill the stock.
He can also check the requested date, request details and the status of the request.
POS and PWA
The sales agent can easily transform POS into a PWA. This will allow POS to be accessible and faster.
The sales agent can easily click on the “Plus Sign”, inorder to add the POS to homepage of the device.
For any query or doubt, Please add a ticket at HelpDesk System.
Current Product Version - 220.127.116.11
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x