OpenCart Purchase Order Management allows the Admin to manage Purchase orders. With the help of this extension, the admin can maintain complete purchase records like which products he has purchased from which suppliers, at what price and the quantity. The most helpful feature of this module is inventory management based on Purchase Orders for an e-commerce store with a sales order. This extension lets the admin control the business purchases. It is easy to use and user-friendly module.
Features of OpenCart Purchase Order Management
- The Admin can enable or disable the module.
- The admin can enable to generate the purchase order automatically whenever the customer places the order.
- Can set the order status for which the purchase order will generate from the front-end.
- The admin can even enable to generate the purchase order automatically whenever the product quantity become to zero after placing the order.
- The admin can easily manage inventory with the help of this module.
- The Email Template which will be received by both Admin and supplier on modifications like the addition of Product can also be set by the Admin.
- The Admin can configure the shipping and payment methods
- The Admin can add a new supplier and manage the entire records of the existing ones.
- Multiple Products can be assigned to a Supplier.
- The Admin can create a new Quotation by entering the relevant details like Supplier Name, Shipping Method and mode of payment etc.
- The Admin can edit the Ordered Items details and even remove the Ordered Items from the Quotation and Purchase Orders.
- The Entire Purchase Order Records can be managed by the Admin.
- The admin can also create the bulk Purchase orders of created orders from Order List panel.
- The Admin can Purchase the entire Quantity of Products at once or can Purchase them Partially.
- The admin can schedule the shipment of the products according to his requirement.
- Fully Admin Configurable Module.
- Multi-Lingual Support.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system according to your Opencart version. The extracted folder has admin and catalog folders. You need to transfer these folders into the Opencart root directory on the server as shown below:
Once you have uploaded the folders, login to admin and then go to Extensions> Extension Installer and upload the XML file. The XML file can be found on ocmod folder under module directory. In ocmod folder select the Opencart version you are using under which you will find oc_pom_2_3_x_x.ocmod.xml file. In version 3 the zip file will be found on ocmod.
After uploading the XML file go to the Extensions > Modification and click on refresh field.
After that in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> User Groups and edit ‘Administrator’ and choose to select all for both Access and Modify Permission for the permission that you want to provide and save it.
Admin Configuration Of Opencart purchase order management
After the successful installation of this extension on the web store, the admin has to navigate through Purchase Management-> Purchase Configuration.
The Admin can enable or disable this module and can configure the module settings like –
Default Order Prefix– This field will be visible on the Purchase Id.
Procurement Methods – If you set this option to Make To Order option. Then whenever the product quantity become to zero after placing the order, a purchase order will create automatically. Otherwise, you have to create purchase manually if set this option to Make To Stock option.
Default Quotation Quantity– This is the Quantity which will be visible in the Quotation Quantity field until the Admin enters the Quotation Quantity as per his requirement.
Generate PO on Order Placed – If you enable this option. Then whenever the customer places the order, a purchase order will create automatically. Else, you can disable it.
Order Status for Purchase Order – Set the order status for which the purchase order will generate from the front-end.
Set the Email Id for PO – Enter the e-mail address on which the purchase order notification will be sent.
Here the Admin can select the Email templates which will be received by the Admin and Supplier if there are any changes or modifications done in the Purchase Order.
- Quotation Email to Admin/Store– An email notification will be received by the admin after adding a Quotation.
- Quotation Email To Supplier– An email notification will be sent to the supplier after the Quotation request has been placed by Admin.
- Add Product To Quotation Email To Admin/Store- The Admin will receive an email notification after adding a product to the Quotation.
- Add Product To Quotation Email To Supplier– An email notification will be sent to the supplier after the product addition to Quotation by the Admin.
- Update Details To Quotation Email To Admin/Store– The Admin will receive an email if he updates any information about the Quotation.
- Update Details To Quotation Email To Supplier– An email notification will be sent to the supplier if the Admin updates the Quotation.
- Purchase Order Email To Admin/Store– The Admin will receive an email notification after placing the purchase order.
- Purchase Order Email To Supplier- An email notification will be received by the supplier after the purchase order has been placed by the admin.
In this Extension, the Admin can add the Shipping Methods. The Admin can enable or disable and even remove the added shipping methods. In this section, the Admin can enter the Default Shipping Cost and Default tax Cost for the Purchase Order.
Default Shipping Cost– The Shipping amount which will be paid by the Admin if he does not change the Shipping Cost at the time of Quotation creation.
Default Tax Cost– The tax amount which will be paid by the Admin if he does not change the Tax(%) while adding products to the Quotation.
The Admin can add, enable or disable the Payment Methods. The Admin can also remove the already added Payment Methods.
The Admin can manage the Suppliers Information by navigating through Purchase Management->Supplier. In this section, the Admin can add a new supplier, filter a particular supplier from the list of Suppliers, modify their information and even delete a supplier.
Adding a New Supplier
The Admin can add a new supplier by entering the relevant information like Company Name, Email Address, Owner Name, Phone no. and Address. The Admin can also enable or disable the Supplier.
Assigning Multiple Products to Supplier
After entering the supplier’s personal details, the admin can assign multiple products to a supplier by clicking on Assign Store product option.
On clicking Assign Store Product option, the product list will get displayed and the admin can select the product which he wants to assign to this particular supplier.
On clicking Save Records option, the selected products will be assigned to the supplier.
The admin can also check the list of Quotations he has created in the third stage Supplier Details section.
The admin can also view the Purchase Order List in the fourth stage of Supplier Details section.
The Admin can manage the Quotations by navigating through Purchase Management->Quotation. In this section, Admin can view all the Quotation details, create a Quotation, filter a particular quotation from the list of quotations, modify the quotation and even delete a quotation.
Creating a Quotation
- General Information
Admin can create a new Quotation for the Products by entering Supplier Details, Shipping Details, and Mode of payment as shown below:
￼ 2. Add Product to Quotation
Once the Admin has entered the general information required to create a Quotation, then he has to click on Continue To Add Product for adding Products to the Quotation.
Here, the admin searches the product from the search panel which the admin wants to add to the quotation.
The admin can even add the product with options to the quotation as per the below image.
3. Add Comment
The Admin can add a comment and send a copy of that comment to the supplier.
4. Quotation Submission
After clicking on Save Comment option in the third step of Quotation Management, the Admin will be able to view all the information he has entered regarding the Quotation. The Admin can make changes in Supplier Cost, Ordered Quantity, and Tax Percent. Admin can also remove a product he has mentioned in the Quotation.
Note: There should be at least one Product added in the Quotation.
Once the Quotation has been confirmed by the Admin, a Quotation Id will be generated for that particular Quotation and the Admin can see the details in the Quotation List.
The Admin can modify the Quotation Information by clicking on the edit option. From here, the Admin can change the Quotation Status, modify the details of the ordered items like Supplier Cost, Ordered Quantity, Tax(%) etc and can even remove the products that have been added to the Quotation.
Purchase Order Management
Once the Admin changes the Quotation Status from Pending to Converted To PO, a Purchase Id will be generated and the Admin can view all the details regarding Purchase order by navigating through Purchase Management->Purchase Order. In this section, Admin can view the Purchase Order details, filter a particular Purchase Order from the list of Purchase Orders, modify the Purchase Orders and even delete the Purchase Order.
Under Opencart Order Id column, the admin can view the Opencart Order Id of the Purchase Orders if created from the Opencart Order. Else will have N/A which are not created by the Opencart Order.
The admin can also view the purchase order details and also the order details of the Purchase Orders which are created by the Opencart Order by clicking on view button.
After clicking on the view option, the Admin can view Purchase Order details, change the order status, edit the ordered items details and even remove the ordered products from there.
Once the Admin has changed the Order Status from Converted To PO to Confirm Order then he cannot modify the details of the Ordered Items or remove the Products from the Purchase Order.
Now the admin can also schedule the shipment of the products according to his requirement.
The admin can print the shipment by clicking on the Print Shipment button. And on clicking the view option, admin can see the shipment schedule and can update the shipment details by entering schedule date and comment.
Admin can receive the entire Quantity of Products at once or partial Quantity of Products by clicking on the Ready To Receive Option.
Once the Admin clicks on Receive Now button, the Partially ordered products will be visible in the Received Item section as shown below:
The Admin can change the Order Status from Confirm Order to Completed after receiving the Products.
After the Purchase Order has been completed, the admin can check the updated quantity of the products by navigating through Catalog->Products as shown below:
Bulk Purchase Order
The admin can also create the bulk Purchase orders of created orders from Order List panel. On the order list page, the admin will have the Bulk Purchase Order button as per the below image.
Select the orders and then click on the Bulk Purchase Order button to create the bulk Purchase orders.
The admin can even create the purchase order for another order status as well. Means if the admin has set the Order Status for Purchase Order to “Pending” in the backend configuration, then the admin can create the purchase order for other another order status also like Complete, Processing, Processed, Canceled etc.
Mail Template List
The Admin can create or view Email Templates by navigating through Purchase Management->Mail Template List. Here the Admin can view the details regarding Email Templates which will be received by both Admin and Supplier if they make any modifications. The Admin can also edit the already added Email Template if required.
While creating a new Email Template, the Admin has to enter Template Name, Template Subject, and the Message.
That’s all for the Opencart Purchase Order Management module still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
Current Product Version - 22.214.171.124
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x