Opencart Multi Vendor Request for Quote: This extension allows the customers to send the RFQ(Request for Quotation) to the marketplace sellers.
Every marketplace sellers will be able to view and manage the RFQ from their end. Also, the admin will be able to enable or disable the approval of RFQ’s from the backend.
This extension is an add-on to the OpenCart Multi-Vendor Marketplace. To make use of this extension, you must have first installed Webkul’s OpenCart Multi-Vendor Marketplace.
1. This module supports all templates and themes including the Journal theme.
Opencart Company ? Find out More
2. Opencart Marketplace Request For Quote module supports the Multi-Store feature of default Opencart.
Check the RFQ working in brief –
Features- Opencart Multi-Vendor Request for Quote
- The Customer can raise RFQ for both the products in the store and custom products.
- The Quotes for the products not on the store are part of Buying Leads.
- Approve the RFQ’s Automatically or Manual Assignment of RFQ.
- Set the Default/Minimum quantity for the quotation from customers.
- Customers can upload images with the RFQ.
- The admin can specify the mail template for each action in the RFQ system.
- A ‘Request For Quote’ button on all product pages.
- Quotation Status – pending, open, answered, resolved, and closed.
- The seller can manage the buying leads in the store.
Extract the contents of the received zip folder on your system according to your OpenCart version. The extracted folder has admin, catalog, and ocmod folders.
Now, upload the admin and catalog directories into the Opencart root directory.
Once you have uploaded the folders, login to the admin panel and then go to Extensions> Modifications and then upload the Zip file. The zip file is in the ocmod folder under the module directory.
In the ocmod folder, select the Opencart version that you are using and under it, you will find rfq.ocmod.zip file for Opencart version 3.x.x. However, there is an ocmod.xml file for Opencart version below then 3.xx.
After uploading the XML file go to the Extension -> Modifications and click on refresh button.
After that in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> User Groups and edit the group ‘Administrator’ and choose to select all for both Access and Modify Permission for the permission that you want to provide and Save it.
Now go to Extensions-> Extensions->Order Total>Marketplace Request For Quotation and click the Install button to install the module.
Opencart Multi Vendor Request for QuoteModule Configuration
After the successful installation of the extension, the admin will have to configure the module settings before making use of the extension.
To configure navigate through Extensions->Extensions->Order Total->Marketplace Request For Quotation. Here, click the edit button to open the module settings as shown below.
Clicking the edit button brings up the module configuration settings.
Here, the admin will be able to –
- Status-To enables the RFQ extension to set the Status as Enabled else select Disabled to keep it disabled.
- Title-This name is visible to the customer when they purchase the product for which RFQ was raised.
- Minimum Quantity for the Quotation- This is basically the default/minimum quantity of quotation that the customer can quote from the website frontend. The customer will not be able to send the RFQ lower than the value specified here.
- Auto Approve Request For Quote– This field is set to enable to allow auto-assignment of the quote to sellers. However, disabling it will require the admin to assign the quotes manually to the sellers.
- Sort Order- This will be the location of the module in the front end.
After configuring the module settings, click the save button at the top right-hand corner to save the settings.
Setting The Mail Template-
The admin then can navigate to the mail tab in the Marketplace Request For Quote section.
- Mail When Admin will assign a Quote to the seller– This mail will generate when the admin assigns a Quote to the seller.
- The seller will receive emails when a customer-
- Messages on Quote
- Approved the Quote.
- Rejects the Quote.
- The customer can also receive emails which in the case when seller-
- Message on Quote.
- Send Quote.
- Approved the Quote.
Clicking the edit button brings up the module configuration settings.
- Reject the Quote.
This section will have a code that is relative to the specific keyword in the mail.
RFQ Admin Panel
After the configuration of the module, the admin will navigate to the admin panel to check the backend functionality of the module.
Here, in the admin panel, there are two sections in the RFQ section under B2B Marketplace as listed below:
- All Requested Quotes
- Manage Requested Quotes
Manage Requested Quotes
Under this section, the admin can manage all the quotes for which customers have requested. The admin can view each of the requested quotes.
If the admin has disabled the auto-approve the request for quotes in the configuration then the admin can click on view quote and assign the quote request to any of the sellers as shown below.
All Requested Quotes
Here, the admin will be able to see all the quotes for which the customer has requested. The admin can click on view to know the status of the quotes.
The status of quotes requested can be as Open, Answered, Resolved, and Closed.
The admin can even respond to the quotes and can also send messages to the customers regarding the quotes.
How To Create RFQ?
The customers will find a ‘Request to Quote‘ button on the product page. To send an RFQ for the product, click the button.
Create Quote in Opencart Multi Vendor Request for Quote
After clicking the Request for Quote button, the customer will see the RFQ form page.
Here, the customer will be able to see the
- product name and description,
- default RFQ quantity,
- expected price per quantity,
- sample required or not,
- sample product images,
- additional information(this can be edited by the customer as required for the RFQ product),
- Customer can also check their recent Quote Details.
- Title for quote identification
- The quote brief field will specify the detail of the quote.
Contact Information- The below information will allow the seller to contact the customer-
- Company Name
- Contact number
Now, tap the Request for Quote button to send the RFQ request. Thus, this request will auto-share with the seller who is selling the product or admin will assign it to the respective seller.
The admin can assign the RFQ to the seller if auto-assign is set off. Henceforth the admin can navigate to Marketplace RFQ>Manage Requested Quote.
The admin can click on Action to view the RFQ and assign it to a seller.
Send RFQ to Sellers
Now, the seller will see all the quotes either they are auto-assigned or via admin. Henceforth for this, the seller needs to navigate to My Account> Marketplace Quotation>All Requested Quotes.
The seller can either “send message” or “send quote” as per the feasibility.
RFQ Customer Message
Thus, the customer can view the response in the My Account> MY Requested Quote Section.
The customer here can view the quote by clicking on the view button. Hence this will allow the customer to view the further RFQ details.
The customer can click on Respond to share the response with the seller.
Here the customer can choose to Message Back to the seller, Approve the last Quote or Reject the Quote.
Update The Quote
The seller can then view the corresponding response by navigating back to the All Quoted Product To View the Response.
When the supplier clicks on view quotation under action, the below form will be visible to the supplier where the supplier can even Add a new quote, Approve last Quote and Reject Request.
Here if the supplier accepts the quotation, the request will move to Resolved and if the quotation is rejected then the request will move to Close.
Therein the seller can do further communication or send a new Quote. Henceforth if the seller wishes to send a new quote then click on Add new Quote.
The seller henceforth can specify new quote rates as per requirement. As per confirmation with the customer the seller will approve the quote.
Hence, the seller can now click on Approve Last Quote.
This will give a success message and allocation of the quote to resolved section.
Finally, when the quote is approved the customer will have the libarity to Add the product to cart and checkout normally.
Henceforth, to add the product to the cart the customer requires to navigate through My Requested Quotes>Resolved Quotes.
There the customer will see the Add to Cart button in the quote.
In this module, there is an extension of functionality wherein the customer can raise RFQ for the product which are not in the store.
For this, the customer needs to navigate through the Request For Quote Tab.
Therein the customer can fill in the complete quote details like –
- Product Name and description.
- Quantity of product required.
- Expected Price per Quantity
- Samples required or not and its image
- Quote Information– Quote title and brief.
- Contact Information- Name of customer, company name, address, and contact number.
Seller Buying Leads Management
Thus, the lead created by the customer is shared with all the sellers in the marketplace. They can view the quote and communicate as per requirement.
For this the customer needs to navigate to the Request For Quote section. From here the customer can initially Add Product.
Moreover, the extension allows the customer to add multiple products in buying leads from this section.
Herein the customer will add the desired product details like-
- Product Name.
- Quantity Required.
- Price per Quantity or Product.
- Sample Product Image.
The customer can then add the Quote Information as per requirement.
- Quote Title- Full title of the quote.
- Quote Brief- A detail description of the quote.
- Contact Information- Name, Company Name, Address, and Contact Number.
Buying Lead Management
The seller here will see the buying lead by navigating to Buying Leads>available quote.
The seller here can share the Quote with the customer or Send them Message.
If the seller clicks on Send Quote to the share the new Quotation with the customer.
Customer Lead Confirmation
Now the customer can see the quotes in the similarly in My Requested Quotes. There the customer can click on the corresponding quote to view the seller Response.
However, on clicking the Response button the customer will redirect to the Quote Request page.
Herein, the customer can Message the sellers, Approve Last Quote and Reject Request.
Now, here we are approving the quote from customer end.
When the customer approves the Quote then the seller needs to Add the Product in the store for further purchase. Herein, the Quoted section the seller can view the quote in Resolved part.
Henceforth, the seller can click on the Add Product.
Once the product is added to the store the customer can Add the product to cart and checkout as usual.
Finally the customer can go to the checkout page to view the added product.
For any query or doubt please add a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com/
Current Product Version - 188.8.131.52
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x