With the Opencart Google Map Pin Address module, the customer can easily fill up the address fields by moving the Google Map drop pin to the desired location.
The customer can use this feature at registration, checkout(logged in and guest users) and while editing the address book.
- The admin can enable or disable the module as desired.
- Logged in user can add the address in the address book with the help of Opencart Google Map Pin.
- On the checkout page, the user can autofill data related to the address with the help of Opencart Google Map Pin.
- This module works for both guest users and customers.
- The admin can set the Google Map API key.
- The default Google pin location can be set by adding the latitude and longitude of the address.
- It supports multi store.
First, extract the downloaded zip file. After that, open the correct Opencart Version Folder. According to Opencart Version installed in your system.
Then, upload admin, and catalog to the Opencart root directory.
Once you have uploaded the file then login to admin and from catalog section go to Extensions> Extension installer and upload the XML file.
The XML file can be found on ocmod folder under the module directory. Under the ocmod folder, you will find webkul_google_pin_location.ocmod.xml file.
The user can navigate through Extensions > Modifications. Now click the Refresh button as visible in below screenshot.
Edit User Groups
After that, go to System > Users > Usergroups. And then edit ‘Administrator’. Click Select All for both Access Permission and Modify Permission and Save it.
Now navigate to Extensions > Extensions > Modules. Find the Webkul Google Maps Pin Address from the list and install it. After the installation, the module will be listed as shown in the image below.
How To Get The Google API
Before configuring the module, the admin needs to have the Google Map Pin API. You can easily get one by following the steps as mentioned below.
Step 1. Go to console.developers.google.com and log in using your Gmail ID. After that, click on select a project.
Step 2. Click on New Project Button. After that, you need to enter the name of the project and Browse the location of the organization.
Step 3. After creating the project click on the Enable API And Services.
Step 6. Once you have enabled the API then you need to navigate through Credentials> Credentials in APIs & Services.
Step 7. After that, you need to click on the create credentials and select the API key.
Step 8. Now you can copy the generated API key.
After the successful installation, the admin can configure the Opencart Google Map Pin module without any issues by navigating to Extensions>Modules>Webkul Google Maps Pin Address and click on edit option as shown in the image below.
On clicking the edit button, a new configuration page will open with the following configuration options as shown in the image below.
The admin can configure the following:
- Status: The admin can set the module as enable or disable as desired.
- Google API Key: The Google API key which was generated earlier can be filled in the following field. The admin can navigate directly to the get api key section in developer documents through the following link “For Google API Key”.
- Enter Your Latitude: Enter the default latitude that you want to set for the Google Map pin.
- Enter Your Longitude: Enter the default langitude that you want to set for the Google Map pin.
The admin can get the latitude and longitude detail of the respective location through the link provided ” For Latitude and Longitude”
Registration Page – Google Map
After the configuration, the customer will be able to add the address fields during the registration by selecting the location through the google map as shown in the image below.
Address Book – Google Map
The customer can even use the google map for the editing or creating new addresses in the Address Book section as shown in the image below.
Checkout Page – Google Map
Logged In Customers
The customer that are logged in can either use the save address from the address book or can create a new address through the Google Map.
For the Billing Details:
For the Delivery Details:
For the Billing Details
The guest customer can use the Google map for adding addresses in the billing detail section as shown in the image below.
For the Delivery Details
The guest customer can use the Google map for adding addresses in the delivery detail section as shown in the image below.
That’s all about Opencart Google Maps Pin Address module. For any further queries, suggestions or customization, please add a ticket to HelpDesk Support.
Current Product Version - 126.96.36.199
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x