OpenCart Akeneo Connector allows you connect your OpenCart webstore with Akeneo PIM platform. Using this integration, you can export products, categories, attributes (including values), attribute groups, and product images from Akeneo to OpenCart store.
Please Note – OpenCart Akeneo Connector is compatible with Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud (PaaS/Flexibility) Edition of Akeneo.
- Mapping Akeneo attributes with OpenCart product fields
- Create an additional mapping for more product fields using OpenCart field code.
- Send detailed information about catalog information from Akeneo to Opencart
- Export multiple images of a product.
- Filter data to be exported based on category, family, completeness, time condition.
- Using SKU you can export only specific product(s) to OpenCart store.
- Select language and currency for product export job.
- Individual jobs for the category, attribute group, attribute, attribute option and product export.
- View mapped entries of previous export jobs.
- Update exported products information from Akeneo.
- Send multi-language content to OpenCart.
- Also compatible with the latest version of Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, and 3.1.x
After extracting the downloaded zip file you will find two folders, one for Akeneo and other for OpenCart. Please follow the process for installing the modules on both the platforms.
Akeneo Module Installation
1. Open Akeneo folder and then merge “src” folder into akeneo project root directory.
2. Goto app/AppKernel.php and add the line
in function registerProjectBundles()
3. You have to navigate first to Akeneo installation directory (Ex: cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs). After SSH, you have to run the command to your Akeneo server by the terminal.
opencart_connector: resource: "@OpencartConnectorBundle/Resources/config/routing.yml" prefix: /
OpenCart Module Installation
1. Upload the ‘catalog‘ folder to the root directory of Opencart’s root directory.
2. Find ‘wk_akeneo.ocmod.xml’ file inside Opencart>ocmod folder and then upload it from OpenCart admin panel (Extension>Extension Installer).
3. Refresh the cache from admin side (Extension>Modification) by clicking the refresh button at the top.
4. Add an API from System>Users>API (add API). Enter any API Name and click Generate button, the API Key will be created.
5. If there are any changes in the ‘admin’ or ‘catalog’ folder names then replace them at the file catalog/controller/api/akeneo/catalog.php at 618 line in (str_replace(‘catalog’,’admin’,DIR_APPLICATION)).
6. Run this command after ssh to your akeneo server by the terminal
rm -rf ./var/cache/** && php bin/console pim:install:asset --env=prod && php bin/console assets:install web --symlink && yarn run webpack && php bin/console d:s:u --force
7. You have to restart your web server like Apache, Nginx. Run the command for Apache web server.
sudo service apache2 restart
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error
It means that webpack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
npm install --save-prod webpack npm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
Akeneo Connector Configuration
Once you installed the modules on both the platforms, please log in to your Akeneo panel and go to OpenCart Connector>Server Credentials. Here you need to enter your OpenCart store URL and paste the API Key generated.
After that go to Default Configuration tab and select your default language and default currency of your OpenCart store. Also, you need to mention where Akeneo product SKU will be mapped in OpenCart, you have following options:
In the Locale Mapping section, you need to map the Akeneo locale with OpenCart Locale ID. So that you’ll be able to send content in multiple languages.
Product Field Mapping
You can mention detailed information about your products by creating attributes in Akeneo and mapping them OpenCart product fields. By default, the following product fields can be mapped:
- Product Name
- Meta Information – Tag Title, Tag Description, Tag Keywords
- Product Tags
- Model, SKU, UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN, MPN
- Minimum Quantity
- SEO URL
- Product Images
- Store IDs
Map More Fields
In case you want to send more product information from Akeneo, you can add OpenCart product field code and map it with Akeneo attribute code.
Map Existing Attributes, Attribute Groups and Categories
For avoiding duplication of attributes, attribute groups, and categories creation in OpenCart, you must map them with Akeneo before running an export job.
To do new mapping, click Map Attribute/Category button and then click Create Mapping. After that select Mapping Type as – Category, Attribute or Attribute Group. Then, select Akeneo value and OpenCart value, click Save.Once everything is mapped between Akeneo and OpenCart, you can check the mapping entries below. Please note that, if you have deleted the exported attribute, attribute group, category, or product in OpenCart and want to export that them again. Then, you must delete the mapped entries from here.
Create Product in Akeneo
To create a product in Akeneo, go to navigate to Products and click Create button. Now, you need to choose product type – as Product or Product Model.
Product – Select this type for creating simple and virtual products.
Product Family – A family is a set of attributes that will be the same for all products belonging to a family. The product family represents products type, imposes product information structure and defines the list of attributes for a product that it belongs.
For adding product information, select attribute options you require. You can also create new options for the attribute. Following Attributes from Akeneo are supported for export:
- Text Area
- Reference data select
- Reference data multi-select
Add Product Details
Now, you can provide all the information about this new product such as – name, price, description, model, etc.
You can mention as much information as you want, but please make sure that you have correctly mapped the Akeneo attributes with OpenCart product fields.
Add New Attribute Option
If an attribute option is missing for a select attribute type (simple or multi-select), you can directly add it to the Product Edit Form. Enter a Code and Label values, then click Save.
You can upload multiple images of a product.
Please make sure you have mentioned the image attribute codes in module configuration.
You can mention translated content for multiple locales.
Select a category for this product from the left menu panel. You can also select more than one category.
Using OpenCart Akeneo Connector, you can create five types of export jobs for sending product catalog information to OpenCart webstore.
Export All – If have newly set up your OpenCart store, you can use this job for exporting all the attributes, attributes groups, categories, products from Akeneo to OpenCart.
Create a Job Profile
To export everything from Akeneo to OpenCart, go to Exports>Create Export Profile. Then enter any code and label. Then select Job as Webkul Opencart Connector>Export All.
Once you create an export profile, you need to select Ecommerce channel and choose for which locales your content will be sent. Please make sure you have mentioned all the translated content in your products.
Filter Export Data
To avoid exporting all the products from Akeneo to OpenCart, you can decide which all product should be created in OpenCart. There are various filters through which you send only selected products to your ecommerce store.
- Family – Send products belonging to a family.
- Status – Send only enabled or disable products.
- Completeness – Send products whose information is complete.
- Time Condition – Send products based date edited, created, etc.
- Category – Send products belonging to a category.
- Identifier – Mention SKU separated by commas for sending only specific products.
After saving all the details, click Save. Export Now button will be visible to you. Here you can see the progress of your export job, you can check the number of data read and written to OpenCart, plus view any error logs as well.
View Exported Products in OpenCart
You can see the exported product in Opencart catalog folder. If you want to edit or change information you can also do it as well.
Exported product general information, you can also see the translated information for the product with meta information.
View multiple images of an exported product.
Check out the detailed product information in Data tab.
For exporting all the attributes from Akeneo to your OpenCart store, you can use the Export Attribute profile. Go to Exports>Create Export Profile. Now enter any code, label and select Webkul Opencart Connector>Export Attribute.
Once you have created and saved the job, you can click Export Now button.
After the completion of the export process, you can see the new attributes in the OpenCart admin panel.
Export Attribute Group
For exporting all the attribute groups from Akeneo to OpenCart store, please go to Exports>Create Export Profile and enter the following information. You need to select Webkul Opencart Connector>Export Attribute Group.
Once you have saved the profile, please click Export Now button. You can check the progress of export execution process.
As you can see the Akeneo attribute groups have been created in OpenCart. Please note all the attribute groups will be exported to OpenCart.
If you want to export all the categories from Akeneo to Opencart, then you can use Export Category job. Go to Exports>Create Export Profile and enter code, label, select Webkul Opencart Connector>Export Category job.
Once you have saved this profile, please click Export Now button. You can see the progress of your export process.
After the completion of the export process, all the categories of Akeneo will be created in OpenCart. But, please note that to make parent category visible on the frontend in the top menu bar, you need to edit a category and enable Top option.
Now, if you want to export only products to OpenCart from Akeneo, you can use the Export Product job. Please go to Exports>Create Export Profile and choose Webkul Opencart Connector>Export Product. Enter any code and label for this job profile.
Using Filter The Data section, you can filter products which you want to export to OpenCart store. So that all the products are not exported to Opencart.
Thank you for reading this documentation. In case you find anything missing or not explained correctly, or you have any customization needs, then please send a mail to email@example.com
Current Product Version - 1.1.1
Supported Framework Version - OpenCart 2.3.x.x, 3.x.x.x || Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, and 3.1.x