Streamline Your Business Returns and Exchanges with Odoo Return Merchandise Authorization
Dealing with returns and exchanges can be a real headache. However, Odoo’s Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) module is like a superhero for your business.
Imagine having a smooth process where customers can effortlessly request returns or exchanges.
Furthermore, each product gets its RMA number for tracking by lot/serial number. Also, Odoo Return Merchandise Authorization keeps everyone in the loop with different stages. It prevents mishandling and errors.
Customers can use the Odoo chatter to connect with the Odoo users. Additionally, you can create RMA requests from the Odoo backend and via the RMA section in the customer’s website account.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
To conclude, the module has features like a simple RMA form, defined stages, and clear communication channels. Managing returns has never been this hassle free.
1. Hassle-free process for customers returning or exchanging products.
2. Customers generate RMA Requests on the website.
3. Odoo users update product status effortlessly with just a click.
4. Easily track returns and exchanges within Odoo.
5. Additionally, unique RMA Numbers are assigned for tracking, testing, and authorization.
6. Chat for queries, updates, and enhancing communication.
7. Tailor RMA stages to different product inspections.
8. Customers can choose from a range for better understanding.
9. Furthermore, customers can view the status of their RMAs directly from their accounts.
10. The Smart Button in customer account details shows all their RMA history.
11. Manage RMA return along with the serial number.
12. Also, manage the RMA return for partially shipped orders.
1. Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2. Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘rma’.
3. Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4. Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5. Then, open the Apps menu and click ‘Update Modules List.’
6. In the search bar, remove all the filters. Search ‘rma’.
7. You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Under the RMA Module, select the ‘Settings’ option under the Configuration tab.
2. Here, Configure RMA Settings, Set the Return Policy and add the terms and conditions.
3. Again, configure ‘RMA Stages’ under the RMA tab of the same module.
4. For this, Set the Stage Name, Sequence, Related Status, and Description.
5. Select the RMA reasons under the RMA tab and set Multiple Reasons.
6. Further, toggle a Reason’s Display ability on the Website here.
CREATING RMA REQUESTS via BACKEND
1. Select ‘NEW’ under the RMA Tab to request the Backend via Admin.
2. Fill Out Delivered Order, Select the Product, Return Quantity, Return Request Type, and Reason. Finally, click on The icon highlighted to save.
USER CREATING RMA REQUEST
1. After the Delivery is Validated and Shipped, the User can go to MyAccounts >> Sales Orders and pick up the order you want to return. Select the Return button Next to the Product’s Sales Order.
2. The user can select Quantity, Request Type, Reasons, and Additional Information. Afterwards, Select the I Agree Checkbox and Confirm.
3. Select ‘View RMA’ to view the Return Item(s) list for that order
4. Return Products for Orders Popup for User
5. For Tracking purposes, select ‘RMA Request’ under the Documents section of My Account.
6. Here, all the RMA Requests are visible at once. Select RMA Number to view the RMA Details Page
7. In the RMA Requests, upload the image or video via the Upload Related Image section. Also, customers can comment in the Communication section for updates.
ADMIN PROCESSING RMA REQUEST
1. After the User creates an RMA from the front end, the RMA is automatically created here.
2. Under the ‘Attachments’ shortcut, Admin can access the additional information. This in addition helps in the Product Return Process.
3. The RMA can be traversed through the pre-configured ‘stages.’
4. Select the ‘Agreement’ option as stage and save. It would make the Receive Products Button Appear.
5. Select the ‘Recieve Products’ to finalize the Return Procedure
6. A Return Product Pops up. Subsequently, select and confirm the Source, Destination, Priority, and Picking Type and confirm the ‘Return.’
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at the UV Desk.
For any doubt, contact us at our support mail.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 126.96.36.199
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 17, 16, 15