Payment in Point Of Sale has become a smoother process now. Now you can pay via wallets at POS end using our module Odoo POS Wallet Management.
A user can provide a facility to his customer to make the payment through wallet as well. A user can create and recharge the wallet of the customer at any time in the running POS session. If a customer is about to make wallet payment but in the mean time, if the wallet balance is not sufficient then he can recharge the wallet and can proceed with the payment accordingly. So customers don’t need to make payment through cash only. Customers can make the payment through wallet & cash as well.
The module works in offline mode also. It enables the users to recharge and use there wallets in offline mode as well.
- A POS user can create and recharge wallet for a customer from Point of Sale Session.
- A POS user can recharge the wallet using wallet id also.
- The transaction history of the wallet payment will be maintained at Odoo Backend.
- A POS user can also recharge or use the wallet in Offline mode.
- Module works even when the POS is offline.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_orders’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_orders‘.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it
At Odoo backend you need to configure the wallet journal and allow it as a payment method in Point of Sale.
Go to Point of Sale > Under Configuration > Payment Methods
Go to Point of Sale > under Configuration > Point of Sale. Under “POS Wallet Management” field select the “Payment Screen View” of wallet button to appear on the POS screen.”
A POS user can recharge wallet of the customer at any time in POS Session just by clicking on ‘Recharge Button’ icon (as shown in screenshot). After that user needs to enter the amount for recharge and then add that amount to the wallet.
Wallet Recharge By Wallet Id-
Also, a user can recharge the wallet by wallet id also, click on the “Recharge Button” mentioned on the screenshot below. A drop-down list of wallet id will appear, you need to select the desired wallet id and then proceed with the wallet recharge.
Creating Wallet in POS Session-
A user can also create a wallet for the customer in POS Session. For that click on “wallet ” button, a confirmation popup message will appear to create a new wallet. On clicking ‘Create & Recharge’ button, the wallet is automatically created and the user will be redirected to the “recharge” screen of Point of Sale.
Payment through Wallet-
If a customer has already a wallet balance on his account then the user can use that wallet credit as a payment on Point of Sale.
Wallet Transaction History-
The transaction history of the wallet will be saved in backend under, Point of Sale> Wallet Management> Wallets. In this way, a POS user can check the transactions of the customers and also the total credit amount available on the wallet.
The wallet details and transaction history of the customer will appear on “Customer Form” view.
Also, under Point of Sale > Wallet Management > Wallets, you can click on the “partner” field and you will be redirected to the customer details screen.(as shown below)
POS Wallet Transaction details of Customer-
Wallet details of Customer
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com .
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - V12, V11, V10, V9 & V8