Your Cart, Your Way: Elevating Shopping Experiences with Odoo POS Customer Cart Screen!
In the dynamic world of modern retail, efficiency and customer experience reign supreme. With Odoo’s POS Customer Cart Screen, a new paradigm is born, reshaping how businesses engage with their customers at the point of sale.
Seamlessly integrated within the Odoo Point of Sale system, this feature empowers both customers and retailers, elevating the checkout process to new heights of simplicity and effectiveness.
This auxiliary screen provides a Customer Cart Display that complements your primary POS Shop Screen by showcasing the cart and its contents directly to the customer. Customers see cart items, counts, prices, quantities, tax-free prices, discounts, and order total on the supplementary screen.
The added advantage is the flexibility to extend the review screen across multiple displays, eliminating the necessity for direct physical linkage to the Odoo POS. For operating several POS Shops, each setup can be tailored to accommodate its distinct and autonomous Customer Cart Screen.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
NOTE: Odoo POS Customer Cart Screen works in conjunction with the following module:
First, you must install this module to your system for Odoo POS Customer Cart Screen to work correctly.
- Customers can instantly see their added products, ensuring confidence in their choices.
- Each cart item is accompanied by essential info—name, quantity, price, and an optional thumbnail.
- Total order cost, including taxes and discounts, is prominently showcased for clarity.
- The cart screen syncs seamlessly with the main POS system, ensuring accurate and current details.
- Admins can personalize the display URL, welcome screen, and add appealing promotional images.
- Choose to auto-add products or manually update with a cashier-initiated click.
- A unique URL for each POS Shop enables effortless display on multiple devices, streamlining the process.
- Cart screen settings are customizable for each POS Shop, without requiring physical connections or POSBox use.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_customer_cart_screen’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_customer_cart_screen’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- In the POS App, go to Pos Customer Screen>>POS Screen Configuration>>New
- Set the IP address of the POS box if available. POS config helps to sync and configure to a single POS shop only.
- A custom display URL can be generated even if the POS box is not available. Copy this URL or click on Go to the customer screen to visit the secondary screen
- The welcome screen or starting screen on the customer’s side can be customized by adding personalized headings, sub-headings, small descriptions, and promotional pictures for enticing customers.
- Within the ‘Show Cart Products’’ preferences, opt for when to reveal the cart content on the Customer Screen:
- Automatically upon product addition: This option instantly displays products added to the cart.
- Upon button press: This choice enables you to manually refresh cart details on the Customer Screen using a button click.
- The option to display the image of the cart on the customer’s screen is also present.
- Welcome/Home screen visible to the customer
- Synchronized POS cart (only visible if automatically show cart product enabled) on customer’s screen
- If Show Cart products option is set on button click, then the cashier has to click on “Show Cart Items” for the items to be visible to the customer as shown in 2
- Discounts are visible on the customer’s screen only after the validation of payment is done by the cashier.
OTHER ODOO MODULES
- Odoo POS Stock
- Odoo POS Category Filter
- Inventory Barcode Scanning
- Odoo POS Invoice Details
- Odoo POS All In One
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 16, 15, 14