Prestashop Marketplace Seller Shipping:- This is an advanced shipping module for Prestashop Marketplace. Using this module, seller can completely manage the shipping. Sellers can create new shipping methods and can also set one’s own shipping rate. Admin can set either auto or manual approval of seller shipping methods. Also, seller can specify their shipping method transit time in multi-language.
- This module is an add-on for Marketplace Module. To use Prestashop Marketplace Seller Shipping module, you first have to install Prestashop Advanced Marketplace.
- While seller shipping module will be enable then seller can apply only his/her shipping method on product from shipping tab. Admin carriers or any other module’s carriers will not display here in the list.
Features of Prestashop Marketplace Seller Shipping
- Seller can create shipping methods and add their own shipping charges.
- Sellers can choose group access for their shipping methods.
- Created shipping methods has to be approved by admin.
- Seller can give basic price for each continent.
- The seller can add handling cost to the shipping methods.
- Seller can create free shipping methods.
- Seller can add impact price based on zones-country-state.
- The seller can assign a unique shipping method to the products being added.
- In case, the seller does not assign any shipping method to products, then by default the first available shipping method gets assign to the product.
- Buyers will have the opportunity to choose from the available shipping methods.
- Admin can assign own shipping methods to all the admin’s products and seller products.
- Seller can set the default shipping method for newly added products.
- Also, seller can add shipping transit time in multi-language.
- Admin can also add seller shipping methods with multi-language transit time.
- Admin can enable/disable the manual approval of seller shipping methods.
- It is at the discretion of admin to send the mail to the seller upon approval of seller’s shipping methods by admin.
- Admin can choose to receive mail upon creation of seller shipping method.
- Seller and admin both can apply tax on the shipping rates.
- Both Admin and seller can select “Out of range behaviour” either as “apply the highest shipping cost” or “disable the carrier”.
New Features in Prestashop Marketplace Seller Shipping
- Admin can enable or disable the display of admin shipping methods along with the seller shipping methods on seller add/update product page.
- Module translation is available in following languages: French (fr), Arabic(ar), Spanish(es), German(de), Italian(It), Russian(ru), Japanese(ja), Dutch(nl), Bulgarian (bg), Portuguese (pt).
For installing Prestashop Marketplace Seller Shipping , you need to install Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first.
After installing marketplace module you can start the installation of Marketplace Seller Shipping module.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload zip file of Seller Shipping Module
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
A separate tab “Shipping Method” gets add on the seller panel from where he can add and manage his own shipping methods.
After clicking on shipping method, seller can see all the shipping methods and can also add new shipping methods.
On Clicking “Add Carrier“, seller can add new shipping method. Also, sellers can add their transit time in any language.
After filling in all the required fields, click on “Next” button. Now seller can set a basic price for all continents. Seller need to first define range. After defining range, seller can add prices using checkbox and put price in the input field. Seller can also add multiple range.
After adding basic price, seller can restrict size and weight according to shipping method.
Add/Update Impact Price
Click on the finish button. Now seller will be redirect to impact price page where seller can add impact price according to place.
If the seller does not want to set impact price according to country and state then the seller can leave the page as shipping method has been already created.
But if the seller wants to add impact price then he needs follow the steps mentioned below:
Note: Impact price will be added to base price when buyer buys the product.
Now Select Zone, country, state.
Now click on add impact price. Seller can see a popup where he can add impact price according to range given in “Step-5“.
Add Impact price and click on Submit button.
View all the impact price added for multiple zones & multiple ranges.
Add/Update Shipping Method
After clicking on “Set Default Shipping”, seller can set default shipping methods for the newly added products. That means if any seller doesn’t assign any shipping method while adding new product, then default shipping will be automatically applied to the product.
Note:- Seller can set multiple shipping methods as the default shipping method.
Now seller can see a shipping list where all the shipping methods are listed.
View of the “Basic edit” page:
Initially, newly added shipping methods will be in pending state. All the new shipping methods need to be approved by the Admin.
From here Admin activates the Seller Shipping Method. (Refer the screenshot for the same).
Go to- Marketplace ->Manage seller shipping.
While adding new shipping methods for seller, admin can also write the transit time in any language.
When shipping method is activated, then seller can see that shipping method while adding new product through “Add new product” form. Also, seller can see shipping methods on update product page.
- The default shipping set by seller will be automatically applied to the new product.
- If seller uncheck the default shipping also or there is no shipping on the seller product, then the admin shipping will be applied on the seller product.
Seller can also assign same shipping method to all the products at once by the help of assign shipping button on the product list page.
Note: If you have not selected any shipping method, then by default first shipping method will be assigned to that product which you have just added.
Customer End View
Shipping methods will appear as shown in below screenshot.
If the user has chosen free shipping, then there will be no effect in product price.
If the user has chosen the other shipping method except for free shipping, then the product price would have increased accordingly.
If the seller has added the impact price to any shipping method, then the price of shipping will change according to the customer address.
Let’s say the seller has created a shipping method and added the impact price on the shipping method-
The basic price of the shipping method-
Impact price set on the shipping method-
Now, let’s say customer add the seller product in the cart.
The customer address is different from the zone, country or state of impact price set by the seller on the shipping method.
Now, the buyer address is same as impact price one.
If you are using Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace versions 5.1.x or 5.2.x then you will get the below mentioned features with Prestashop Marketplace Seller Shipping module.
- Admin can enable/disable distribution of shipping.
- Admin can choose the distribution of shipping between admin, seller or both on the basis of commission rate from Admin carriers page. In this case, if ‘both’ option is selected on carrier then admin will get commission on seller individual earning on shipping.
- Admin can also view the seller shipping for every seller separately under “Manage seller order” page.
- If seller shipping is applied on seller product then seller can add tracking number on his/her own order from seller order details page.
You can configure your approval settings from here for seller shipping.
If admin enables shipping distribution, then he will be liable for distributing shipping.
Note: If admin product exists with any seller product and “distribute shipping between admin and seller both” is set to “No”, then full shipping for that order will be assigned to seller. If set to “yes” the shipping distribution will follow a ratio based on either price or weight of admin and seller’s product.
Now, admin can decide on whether to distribute shipping to seller/admin.
Go to Shipping -> Carriers -> Select the shipping method -> Shipping distribute to -> Set the value(seller/admin/Both).
Shipping Distribution Cases:
1. Customer ordered a seller’s product “Printed Summer Dress”.
2. Seller shipping method “Express exports” is applied on the product.
Now at the carriers page in back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to Seller” on seller shipping.
Here, in this case, full shipping charges will go to the seller.
Now at the carriers page in back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to admin” on seller shipping.
Then in this case, full shipping charges will go to the admin.
1. A customer ordered from 2 different sellers. “Printed Summer Dress” from ‘Mary Jones’ and “Hummingbird Notebook” from ‘Jane Doe’.
2. Shipping method of admin i.e. “Go Express” is applied on the product.
Now at the carriers page in the back-office, admin has set “shipping distribute to Seller” on admin shipping. Now we will check if shipping is set according to total price or total weight.
When shipping is set according to total price:
Then following a ratio based on price of seller 1 and seller 2 product, shipping charges will distributed between sellers as follows:
Shipping to seller 1: ((seller 1 product price/total price of both the seller product)*total shipping)
=0.1556 * 10
Shipping to seller 2: ((seller 2 product price/total price of both the seller product)*total shipping)
=0.844 * 10
If a customer has ordered from 2 different sellers. “Demo product (3 kg)” from seller 1 and “demos prod(8 kg)” from seller 2.
When shipping is set according to total weight:
Then following a ratio based on weight of seller 1 and seller 2 product, shipping charges will be distribute between sellers as follows:
Shipping to seller 1: ((‘Mary Jones’ product weight/total weight of both the seller product)*total shipping)
=0.2727 * 57
Shipping to seller 2: ((‘Jane Doe’ product weight/total weight of both the seller product)*total shipping)
=0.7272 * 57
1. A Customer ordered a product of seller and a product of admin.
2. Admin shipping method “Go Express” is applied on the product.
Now at the carriers page in back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to Seller” on admin shipping.
And approval setting “distribute shipping between seller and admin both” under configuration is Enabled.
Then following a ratio based on price of admin’s and seller’s product, shipping charges will be distributed between seller and admin as follows:
Shipping to admin: ((admin product price/total price of admin and seller’s product)*total shipping)
Shipping to seller: ((seller product price/total price of admin and seller’s product)*total shipping)
Now at the carriers page in the back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to Seller” on admin shipping.
And approval setting “distribute shipping between seller and admin both” under configuration is disabled.
Then in this case, full shipping charges will go to the seller.
Now at the carriers page in back office, admin has set “shipping distribute to admin” on admin shipping. And approval setting “distribute shipping between seller and admin both” under configuration is Enabled.
Result of which the entire shipping will go to the admin.
Note: Admin can also view the seller shipping for every seller separately under “Manage seller order” page.
Update Tracking Number:
That’s all for Prestashop Marketplace Seller Shipping Module.
Current Product Version - 5.2.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x