Marketplace Seller Groups for Magento2 allows the admin to categorize sellers into Gold, Platinum, Silver and many more groups. These Groups will restrict the seller to upload a certain amount of product to his account, e.g. it will limit the number of product upload. Admin can restrict seller/vendors based on product quantity & time.
Note: The module is an add-on for the Magento2 Marketplace module, so the Magento2 Marketplace Multi-Vendor module must be installed before installing this module.
- The admin can assign any group to any seller.
- By group limitation, sellers will be restricted to product upload.
- Allow the admin to add one-time membership groups and subscription type group.
- Recurring payment with PayPal Express Checkout is provided for seller’s payment.
- The seller groups can be Platinum, Gold, Silver and much more.
- Group Payment will be done using the allowed payment methods set by the admin.
- Check can be applied to Products, Time and Time & Product together.
- The admin can also view all the associated recurring profile for any particular Seller Group.
- In the recurring profile, the seller has the option like Cancel, Suspend & Get update.
- Easy and manageable from the usage point of view.
Marketplace Seller Groups for Magento2 installation is super easy. First, you have to unzip the module and then you will get an src folder. Click on the src folder and then you will get app folder. You need to move app folder in Magento 2 root directory as per the screenshot.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
After running the commands, you have to log into the admin panel and you have to clear the Cache. You can refer to the below screenshot.
Configuration For Multi-Lingual Support
If a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/MpSellerGroup/i18n in their unzipped folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”. Now they have to rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/MpSellerGroup/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on their server. The module will get translated into the German Language. It supports both the LTR and RTL languages.
IPN Settings For Recurring Profile
As the module support recurring profile feature, so you need to configure the “Instant Payment Notification” settings. For this first, log in to your Paypal account.
After login, navigate to My Profile -> Notifications -> Instant Payment Notifications and click Update link as shown below in the snapshot.
The user will be redirected to the Edit Instant Payment Notification(IPN) settings page. Here, the user will enter his module details like this – yourwebsite/mpsellergroup/group/paymentnotify/ and hit the save button.
After the IPN settings, you need to create the app. For this, login here. And then, navigate to My Apps & Credentials ->Create App as per the below image.
Clicking on Create App, you will be redirected to the Create New App page.
Here, enter your App Name and select Sandbox developer account and proceed further hitting Create App button. And then select the sandbox or live account for which you want to create the API credentials ie; client ID and secret key.
Now, copy the client ID and secret key and configure them in the admin backend of Magento 2 Marketplace Seller Group Options module.
After the successful installation of Marketplace Seller Groups for Magento2 module, you will be able to see the configuration panel under Store > Configuration > Marketplace Seller Group Options as per the below snapshot.
General Settings –
These options are used to set the allowed payment methods to buy a membership, default group configuration which restrict the seller(who has not purchased any membership) to upload products as per configuration, what happens to the products after the membership expires, when to notify the seller before the membership expires etc.
- Status – enable or disable the module as per the requirement.
- Allowed Payment Methods To Buy Membership – select the “Allowed Payment Methods” that can be used to buy the Membership. Admin can select any of the available payment methods that will be available at the frontend for the sellers to purchase the membership.
- Membership Check On – set the membership time period by selecting any one option from – “Only Number of Products”, “Only Time”, and “Time and Number of Products “.
If the “Membership check on” is selected as “Only Number of Products”, then the admin will enter default number of products which the seller can add from the seller end if the seller has a new account and has not purchased any membership plan.
If the “Membership check on” is selected as “Time & Number of Products” then the admin enter default number of products which a seller can add from the seller end and set Membership Time for Seller in days.
- Allow Seller To Add Products By Default – If the seller is new and has never purchased a Membership plan then set as “Yes“. And allow the seller to add the default number of products set by the admin, after which he has to buy the membership plan. Else select “No”.
- Default Number Of Products – set the default number of products that can be added if the seller has never purchased a membership.
- Allowed Functionalities For Default Group – set the default functionalities/account menu items that will be available for the default group.
- Set Membership Time For Sellers – set membership time in days. For example – if seller membership time is set to 5, then this will allow the seller to upload and sell the products in Magento store for set membership time period by default.
- After Membership Expire – When the seller membership plan will expire then the selected operation – “Disable All Products” or “Delete All Products” whichever selected will be performed on the seller products, but this action will only be done when the cron will be set on the server per day at 01:00 am. You need to set set up the cron as it is done in the Magento.
- Notify Before – Here “Notify Before” can be set in days. For example – if 1 day is set then the seller will be notified of the membership plan before one day of the plan expiration time.
Custom Emails –
Here the admin can set the default or custom emails that will be sent to the seller at different occasions. Admin will be able to send the custom emails for – when seller buys a membership when the membership is about to expire, when the membership has expired and when the seller has made a successful transaction.
Pricing Page Settings –
- Display Banner – select “Yes” if want to display the banner else select “No” if want to hide the banner on the group pricing page.
- Group Pricing Banner Label – enter the banner label that will be visible on the group pricing page.
- Group Pricing Banner Label Color – select the color for the banner label text.
- Banner Image – select the banner image for the group pricing page. Also, the admin will be able to delete the banner image from here.
- Banner Content – enter the banner content which will be displayed over the banner image.
- Banner Content Color – select the color for the banner content text.
PayPal Recurring Payment Configuration –
Here, the admin will:
- Sandbox Mode – select the Sandbox Active as Yes(Testing Mode) or No(Production Mode).
- Client ID – enter the client ID which the admin has created while creating the app.
- Client Secret – enter the client secret key which the admin has created while creating the app.
After the module installation, the admin can create various seller groups. For this, the admin will navigate to Marketplace Management -> Manage Seller Groups as per the below image.
Clicking on Manage Seller Groups menu option, the admin gets navigated to the “Manage Seller Groups” page.
Here, the admin can:
- View the complete list of seller groups.
- Delete or edit the existing seller groups.
- Add new seller groups.
Under this, the admin can add a new group by clicking on ‘Add Group’ link. For this, the admin will enter:
- Status – set the status of the group as enabled/disabled
- Group Name – the admin can enter any name he wants to give to a group.
- Group Code – the admin can enter the group code.
- Check Type – select the membership type for the sellers as follows:
Only Number of Products – If the admin wants to set the restriction for the number of products that a seller can add. Then the admin can select this option.
Only Time – If the admin wants to set the restriction for the time that the sellers will be able to add an unlimited number of products for the specified time in the group. After the end of subscription, the products will get disabled automatically.
Time & Number of Products – If this option is selected, then the limitation will apply both time and number of products.
- Membership Time Period – define the membership time period.
- Number of Products Allowed – set a maximum number of products allowed to upload.
- Fee Amount – set amount for subscribing to this group.
- Group Image – upload the group image.
- Allowed Account Functionalities – set the default functionalities/account menu items that will be available for this group.
- Sort Order – set the sort order of this group.
- Disable Subscription – select ‘Yes’ for just allowing the seller to one-time subscription or ‘No’ for making the group as recurring type subscription membership
If the admin has enabled the recurring type subscription membership,then admin will allso:
- Schedule Description : provide the subscription description in this field.
- Maximum Payment Failure : set maximum payment failures allowed.
- Auto Bill on Next Cycle : set whether to generate auto bill on next cycle or not.
- Billing Period Unit : set billing period as per Day, Month, Year, Week, Semi-month.
- Billing Frequency : set the number of billing period that will make up one billing cycle.
- Maximum Billing Cycles : set the number of billing cycles for the payment period.
Suppose, Billing period Unit is Month, Billing Frequency is 2 and Maximum Billing Cycles is 3 so it denotes the customer will be charged every second month up to 3 times (i.e. stop charging after 6 months).
- Initial Fees: set this one-time payment amount which is to be paid along with first cycle payment.
- Allow Initial Fee Failure: allow initial fee failure by selecting Yes else select No.
The admin will go to Marketplace Management > Manage Sellers and can assign multiple sellers to any single group.
The seller can add products to his Products List after logging into his seller account. But if Seller exceeds the default add product quantity limit then, an info message will be displayed.
To add more products, the seller will click on the footer link “Pricing“, that will take them to the group pricing page.
Here, the sellers can select their membership type and proceed to pay for the selected membership as shown below in the snapshot.
Also, the seller can click on the menu item “Manage Seller Membership” and here the seller will be able to purchase the membership type and the seller can pay thereafter as shown below in the snapshot.
If the selected group is recurring subscription type then the seller will make payment using PayPal from the seller account. When the seller will click on “Purchase Membership” button, the seller will be redirected to the PayPal Account as per the image.
After making the payment, the seller can add more product to his product list as per the membership group the seller has purchased. Also, can view the payment information under “Recurring Profiles” tab as per the below image.
Recurring Payment Details:
On clicking on the ‘View’ link, the seller can view the recurring payment details like the image below:
Here, the seller can also cancel, suspend and even get the updates for the recurring profiles.
If the seller selects the One-time subscription group type, the seller will be able to purchase the subscription just like he would do for any of the web store products he wants to purchase. The selected Group Type by the seller is ‘One-time subscription’, the seller will proceed to pay the group fee by clicking on “Purchase Membership” button. Then, the seller will be directed to the following page as per the screenshot.
After making the payment, the seller can view the payment information under “Manage Seller Membership” tab as per the below image.
Now Seller can add more product.
If seller exceeds the add product limit or time duration expires for any group then, a message will be displayed like the below image.
Now the seller needs to be assigned to a group again to add more products.
That’s all for the Marketplace Seller Groups for Magento2. Still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x